Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry96

Antonio sanabria

To echo what Bevilacqua has said, this would be a brilliant signing and even though there's interest from Barca its still realistic he'd come to us.

Wouldn't mind us looking at some other players from the Roma set up, some quality players involved there over the last few years

To echo what Bevilacqua has said, this would be a brilliant signing and even though there's interest from Barca its still realistic he'd come to us.

Wouldn't mind us looking at some other players from the Roma set up, some quality players involved there over the last few years

We have the best youth sector in Italy. :scarf:

We usually lift various youth trophies each year (from pulcini to primavera), but unfortunately our first team doesn't seem to have the same good relationship with trophies.  :D

This season we have won U-19 scudetto (only 2 days ago!) and in the last 2 years we have performed well in the Youth Champions League, reaching the final and then losing to Chelsea in 2015, reaching the quarter-finals in 2016. Last year we made 50 million selling Romagnoli and Bertolacci, two products of our academy, to AC Milan. We also have an insane number of young prospects that have done good things this season in Serie A, Serie B and abroad. Sanabria, Verde, Politano, Mazzitelli, Ricci, Pellegrini, Viviani are really good. And among the ranks of the current primavera side there are other interesting players like Sadiq, Nura, D'Urso, Di Livio (son of the famous Juve player), Ponce, Capradossi. Our US owners are investing a lot in this field. We now have academies in Brazil, USA, Middle East, Croatia, Serbia and even a partnership with Botafogo! You surely could find some young interesting players here and Ranieri knows it. :claudio:

We have the best youth sector in Italy. :scarf:

We usually lift various youth trophies each year (from pulcini to primavera), but unfortunately our first team doesn't seem to have the same good relationship with trophies.  :D

This season we have won U-19 scudetto (only 2 days ago!) and in the last 2 years we have performed well in the Youth Champions League, reaching the final and then losing to Chelsea in 2015, reaching the quarter-finals in 2016. Last year we made 50 million selling Romagnoli and Bertolacci, two products of our academy, to AC Milan. We also have an insane number of young prospects that have done good things this season in Serie A, Serie B and abroad. Sanabria, Verde, Politano, Mazzitelli, Ricci, Pellegrini, Viviani are really good. And among the ranks of the current primavera side there are other interesting players like Sadiq, Nura, D'Urso, Di Livio (son of the famous Juve player), Ponce, Capradossi. Our US owners are investing a lot in this field. We now have academies in Brazil, USA, Middle East, Croatia, Serbia and even a partnership with Botafogo! You surely could find some young interesting players here and Ranieri knows it. :claudio:

I've taken an interest in Roma over the last couple of years (mainly because of Totti!), watched the Primavera a bit including the Scudetto game against Juventus the other day, so many players I'd like to see here, Ponce looks a brilliant prospect, I imagine he'll be in the first team next season? Verde, Politano & Di Livio are players I really like too.

Guest CityFan 06

Decent goal record, plenty of time to develop here if he came. He probably knows Hernandez from Sporting Gijon which would help. As AKCJ points out - I think we will need at least 4 strikers, probably five. One of those strikers I would love to be Slimani, ticks the boxes for us and perhaps this chap too. 

I've taken an interest in Roma over the last couple of years (mainly because of Totti!), watched the Primavera a bit including the Scudetto game against Juventus the other day, so many players I'd like to see here, Ponce looks a brilliant prospect, I imagine he'll be in the first team next season? Verde, Politano & Di Livio are players I really like too.

I'm happy you're interested. Ponce holds a record in Argentina: he's the youngest player to have scored in Primera Division at 16! Imho Sanabria is better, more gifted technically, but surely the Argentine has quality. He's likely to go somewhere on loan next season, like all the others, but surely he has also some chances to be in the first team.

We're very proud of our academy, sometimes it gives us more satisfaction than the first team! Rising talents like Bruno Conti, De Rossi, Totti, Giannini has always been an AS Roma's peculiarity.

Archived