Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry96

Antonio sanabria

1 in every 200 minutes at La Liga level is impressive for a twenty year old.

Would welcome his signing. Vardy, Slimani, Ulloa, Okazaki and Sanabria. Wouldn't need any other strikers.

Makes a lot of sense, very good young striker, would tie in with Walsh being in Rome a couple of weeks back too, probably to talk to coaches/officials to find out more about him. Roma will want to sell too.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.football-italia.net/85428/barca-v-leicester-sanabria

Barcelona and Leicester enter a bidding war for Roma-owned Paraguay striker Antonio ‘Tonny’ Sanabria.

According to the front page of Spanish paper Sport, Barcelona have launched ‘Operation Sanabria’ to secure the youngster, but face competition from Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester City.

The forward only turned 20 in March, but was a sensation during his loan spell at Sporting Gijon, scoring 11 Liga goals in 29 games.

Roma do not seem to have any intention of using Sanabria at the Stadio Olimpico next season.

The club instead hopes to sell him on at a profit this summer, which would show up as a big bonus in the balance sheet.

Curiously, Sanabria grew up in the Barcelona youth academy, moving to Roma via Sassuolo in January 2014 for €5.7m.

That fee could rise to €11.9m depending on various bonuses.

Entering a bidding war with Barca. I wonder how that will turn out.

If the kid is smart he signs for lcfc to get a better chance at play time and increase his stock. If he wants a short term pay day (with possible career suicide by sitting on the bench) then sign for barca.

If the kid is smart he signs for lcfc to get a better chance at play time and increase his stock. If he wants a short term pay day (with possible career suicide by sitting on the bench) then sign for barca.

Worked well for Kramaric.

Entering a bidding war with Barca. I wonder how that will turn out.

If reports are true, we probably have more cash than Barca, so if it was a bidding war purely based on the highest BID, we could probably win, however it turns out we can only pay really good wages and will then despite having paid a world record fee for the lad, allow him to leave for 20 million. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

If reports are true, we probably have more cash than Barca, so if it was a bidding war purely based on the highest BID, we could probably win, however it turns out we can only pay really good wages and will then despite having paid a world record fee for the lad, allow him to leave for 20 million. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

We don't have more cash than Barca.

We don't have more cash than Barca.

On what basis, they make about £20 million a year, and are believed to be £300 million in debt, yes they turn over nearly double that, but they spend it all on neymars dad, and fiddling messi's taxes, why do you think there is talk they may have to sell a big player for a huge sum in the near future.

They survive on tax breaks, the fact they can run affilated womens teams and basketball clubs to help with income.

You could start here. https://grup14.com/article/understanding-fc-barcelona-s-financial-situation

What we have is record profits for our club, record turnover for our club, and as yet, no way of being able to spend it thanks to the big clubs, making up the rules for FFP.

Yes we are not likely to spend £80 million on a player, but we certainly have cash in hand, Barca bend rules left, right and centre and get away with it, because they are an institution.

But my original point was slightly tongue in cheek. :thumbup:

This guy is fantastic. I saw him playing many times for both Roma U-19 and Sporting and I can tell you this would be a great signing. From my point of view as a Roma fan, we should keep him and put him at Spalletti's disposal, but unfortunately we're struggling with financial fair play and looking for solutions to get 30 million euros before June ends. We have lots of youngsters to sell and we could keep Nainggolan and Pjanic if we get the money from Sanabria and the others, but it's a pity we can't have him back in Rome.

I don't think you're going to lose the race with Barcelona. You're packed with money, and while for Barça Sanabria is only a secondary objective, for you is a primary objective. Not to mention the fact that he would have much more playing time at Leicester. I hope that, if we really have to sell him, we sell him to you!

Archived