Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

Sher why not lol LOL

Westmeath giving Limerick a hell of a game here in the hurling qualifiers

Clare play Laois later in Ennis

And Dublin aim to bury an 80 year hoodoo against Cork down in cork

Tis getting serious now as we are in knock out stages

I should try to watch this one day. There's a field called Gaelic Park not too far from me where New York GAA plays.

I have family from Kerry, so the football is more of their thing. I remember a Kerryman telling me when they won their 33rd All Ireland championship a few years back, "We've won a championship for every county in Ireland--now, we can enjoy this one for ourselves."

I should try to watch this one day. There's a field called Gaelic Park not too far from me where New York GAA plays.

I have family from Kerry, so the football is more of their thing. I remember a Kerryman telling me when they won their 33rd All Ireland championship a few years back, "We've won a championship for every county in Ireland--now, we can enjoy this one for ourselves."

Now here's a man who's heading in the right direction.....Kerry Gaelic Football. Never mind that old game with the sticks, Kerry are no good at that.

All my lot are from Kerry (Dad from Ballybunion - the Irish mini-Blackpool - and maternal grandfather from South Kerry). I had a very silent uncle, who would rarely talk about anything - except Gaelic Football. But woe betide ye if you tried to speak to him while a match was on!

On holidays, we used to drink in the bar belonging to Bomber Liston's family (stayed there once, I think).

Jordan I have played there !!! They now play at one of the universities complex

GAa is huge in NY and Boston with semi pro players

Little off topic

Was in Dublin once when the hurling final was on at croke park.

What a night that was. Temple bar was buzzing and both sets of fans drinking together not one hint of trouble.

Cheeky Irish chappies did spend a lot of time trying to get my other half to dance tho lol.

Really could get into these sports but I don't have the access to watch them.

Is it the sort of thing I would find if I got a kodi box?

Now here's a man who's heading in the right direction.....Kerry Gaelic Football. Never mind that old game with the sticks, Kerry are no good at that.

All my lot are from Kerry (Dad from Ballybunion - the Irish mini-Blackpool - and maternal grandfather from South Kerry). I had a very silent uncle, who would rarely talk about anything - except Gaelic Football. But woe betide ye if you tried to speak to him while a match was on!

On holidays, we used to drink in the bar belonging to Bomber Liston's family (stayed there once, I think).

The Bomber comes to london regularly and sometimes drinks in a pub called the Dog and Gun palmers green near Southgate

Jamie redknapp pops in there as well , the bomber is friends with some friends of mine

Eoin is going strong still he must be 60 now , big mates with Niall Quinn think they owned a pub in ireland together in Carlow I believe

Little off topic

Was in Dublin once when the hurling final was on at croke park.

What a night that was. Temple bar was buzzing and both sets of fans drinking together not one hint of trouble.

Cheeky Irish chappies did spend a lot of time trying to get my other half to dance tho lol.

Really could get into these sports but I don't have the access to watch them.

Is it the sort of thing I would find if I got a kodi box?

It was on sky sports tonight

look for RTE in Kodi and you can watch

Sky have a Saturday night game for rest of summer !

Clare beat Laois 5-33 that's 48 points to 0-11 that's 11 points !

We think is a record win for Clare

Cork Beat Dublin in the other hurling game

The draw is Monday , Clare /cork/Wexford and Limerick in the hat

And they play again next Saturday

It was on sky sports tonight

look for RTE in Kodi and you can watch

Sky have a Saturday night game for rest of summer !

Don't own sky. But may look into getting kodi set up.

But cheers. May help with sat nights until the season starts lol

Edited by Bayfox

Don't own sky. But may look into getting kodi set up.

But cheers. May help with sat nights until the season starts lol

lol yea

I have an open box and can watch on tv here as we have all the Irish stations open

Not a huge Gaelic football fan but I love hurling , used to play on Birmingham and played against Jack Grealish's dad years ago

My team Clare won the all ireland in 2013 we have been shit since , but tonight we scored 5 goals and 33 points which we think is a record score

Our manager is the Nigel Pearson of hurling in terms of personality lol

lol yea

I have an open box and can watch on tv here as we have all the Irish stations open

Not a huge Gaelic football fan but I love hurling , used to play on Birmingham and played against Jack Grealish's dad years ago

My team Clare won the all ireland in 2013 we have been shit since , but tonight we scored 5 goals and 33 points which we think is a record score

Our manager is the Nigel Pearson of hurling in terms of personality lol

Think it was 2006 when we were there. Will have a quick Google I will know which to teams it was as soon as I see a list of the finals.

Think it was 2006 when we were there. Will have a quick Google I will know which to teams it was as soon as I see a list of the finals.

Was cork and Kilkenny

Which is man united v Liverpool in terms of most won

Many fans would have been in red and others would have Been black and gold (Amber) stripes

Edited by GaelicFox

I'm Antrim, we are shit at gaelic football and hurling.

Its always anyone but Dublin and Kerry. And Tyrone. ****ing cant stand Tyrone.

In 1989 I was at the all ireland hurling final , Clare played in minor final that day and Antrim played Tipperary in the final , Sambo's final , you boys lost but was amazing achievement to get to the final

I have played in Casement Park :)

Also I was involved in a thing called Co-operation north in the early 90's we did a few exchanges , it was a project that got kids north and south from all religious ba grounds to mix and spend time , we used to stay at a big old Manor House in Holywood co down.

on one of the exchanges we got taken to a club game in Belfast , hurling , the kids from a loyalist background loved it !! They always said they would love to try but were not allowed , mainly not allowed by the GAA , there was one lad Glen from portadown his dad was a commander in RUC , he picked up a Hurley and ball (slitor) and drove it straight between the posts from 60 yards !! We gave him 5 shot he scored with 4 ...amazing never held a hurley in his life. Cu Chulainn we called him after that lol

Thankfully anyone can play GAA now :)

Edited by GaelicFox

Kerry won easy today in the football they beat Tipperary in Munster final

Kerry now advance to the all ireland 1/4 finals and Tipperary go on the playoffs will need to win 2 or 3 games to get into 1/4 final also

Leinster hurling Final now on Galway and Kilkenny early moments but Galway have a slender lead

Galway lost again !!!

Edited by GaelicFox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gaelic Fox, surprised you havent been all over Clare's route to the quarters of the Sam Maguire (All Ireland Gaelic Football  (its the name of the trophy) to those not aware).

Absolutely going for Tipperary for the double. Tipp have been a real Leicester story in Gaelic Football, getting to the semis.

If its not them that do it, I hope its Mayo at last. Will prob be Kerry or Dublin again though unfortunately.