Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

I would advise any of my fellow Leicester City fans to experience Gaelic Football and Hurling if they go to Ireland.

It's a way of life over here. 2 of the finest sports in the world. Martin O'Neill was a gaelic football fanatic before football (soccer) came calling.

My home club won the County football championship last October for the first time in 2 decades last year and the euphoria could only be matched by what I experienced last May.

Tomorrow is the start of our season but I'll be off to Thurles to watch the replay of Waterford and Kilkenny in the All Ireland semi final and then hopefully a ticket for the football semi final between Kerry and Dublin 2 weeks later in Croke Park.

Can't wait.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I would advise any of my fellow Leicester City fans to experience Gaelic Football and Hurling if they go to Ireland.

It's a way of life over here. 2 of the finest sports in the world. Martin O'Neill was a gaelic football fanatic before football (soccer) came calling.

My home club won the County football championship last October for the first time in 2 decades last year and the euphoria could only be matched by what I experienced last May.

Tomorrow is the start of our season but I'll be off to Thurles to watch the replay of Waterford and Kilkenny in the All Ireland semi final and then hopefully a ticket for the football semi final between Kerry and Dublin 2 weeks later in Croke Park.

Can't wait.

Where you from brother ? 

do you come over for games ? 

23 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Where you from brother ? 

do you come over for games ? 

From Limerick.

Been at a handful of games.8 in total.

I was over at the Swansea home game back in April but I have been in the backroom setup of our inter county under 21 and senior football teams since late 2013 doing minor work so it's been a bit hard to find time to do much else. I was thinking in March 2015 that I was going to miss out on a premier league game when we were bottom and looking like relegation certs.

Our season is over for the last 5 weeks so another trip I'm hoping to make before the end of this year.

Cracking game in Thurles tonight. Kilkenny are some team to get the job done. Waterford didnt play as well as last week but the miss at the end was heartbreaking for them. Tomorrows game will hopefully be good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Dublin win by 2 points 0-22 to 2-14 (20).

What a marvellous game of football. Semi final always throws up a best game of the year type match. Dublin looked finished at half time with a goalkeeping horror show worthy of Joe Hart but to their credit kept battling and flew in the face of their soft city boys reputation to emerge winners.

A pure coincidence but they played each other in the National Football League (NFL!!) final the same day as the Swansea match back in April and it was the only regret that I had about being over at the King Power as they were being played around the same time. After the league final in Croke Park there was a commemeration event on the 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising.

Was the other way round this weekend but got to witness a cracker in Croke Park today.Dublin and Leicester win again. Would be great if there was more Dublin v Kerry/Leicester v Swansea matches on the same weekend!

Playing the luckless mayo who have lost their last 6 finals and now must be favourites to lose number 7 in 3 weeks time.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

I fear The Curse of 1951 will remain for Mayo.

The curse is only an excuse for not being good enough 

we Had a curse in Clare , biddy early a local witch put one on Clare and we went 81 years without winning  the all ireland 

but we slayed the curse when we had a team good enough to win it 

strange but true the year Clare won the all ireland , Blackburn won the premier league both teams had exactly 81 years since they last won there respective titles , the connection ? Biddy Early lived in a house im a little area called The Black Burn !!!! 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2016 at 19:37, Voll Blau said:

Taking a stag to Dublin next month and booked us on a "try out Gaelic sports" thing. Should be a laugh.

Anyone tried it?

Did this on Thursday. Absolutely loved it.

On the whole we were shite at hurling (thought we'd be better with a few good cricketers in the group, but managed to get a decent shot off in the mini game we played mind lol) but OK at football (fair amount of transferable skills from our football).

Missed the hurling final yesterday but definitely fancy getting into watching both sports now. Dead easy to pick up and entertaining too, fancy doing a game at Croke in the future.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Did this on Thursday. Absolutely loved it.

On the whole we were shite at hurling (thought we'd be better with a few good cricketers in the group, but managed to get a decent shot off in the mini game we played mind lol) but OK at football (fair amount of transferable skills from our football).

Missed the hurling final yesterday but definitely fancy getting into watching both sports now. Dead easy to pick up and entertaining too, fancy doing a game at Croke in the future.

If Clare get to Croke park next year I'll invite you with a couple of tickets on us ok ! 

• 2 weeks later...

All Ireland final day tomorrow. One of the best days of the Irish sporting year. Over 80,000 expected. Reigning champions and red hot favourites Dublin against perennial bridesmaids Mayo who have lost their last 7 finals and could break a record tomorrow.

Assuming there is no dubs here hopefully Mayo will get over the line tomorrow.

Was 19:51 when i typed this!

Edited by Blue ROI