Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Are we heading the same place as Forest?

to all those fans who think it wont happen, there is no reason why it couldnt.

First sensible thing you have said. Last season forest fans thought theywere promotion material!!! And look what happened.

I will tell you another thing.... If we force Levein out we'll be playing them next year in league one for sure (ish). ;)

I will tell you another thing.... If we force Levein out we'll be playing them next year in league one for sure (ish). ;)

How can you be sure Levein won't take us down?

After all Megson took F****t down and his record in English football is a lot better than our boss's!

After all Megson took F****t down and his record in English football is a lot better than our boss's!

Thats very true. However Forest were very much screwed when Megson toook over lets face it Kinnear didnt leave him an awful lot to work with. I think they bought some good players in the summer I dont understand why there doing so badly. Then again I dont understand why were doing so badly!! I personally think its very unlikely, we need three point tonight though the fixtures coming up dont look tasty and if we do lose tonight I think we could be bottom three come the Burnley game.

Errrr where exactly have I said he wouldn't??? Hmmm quite I didn't...

My point is changing managers every five minutes will only speed up a clubs demise!!! Forest, Sheff Wed, Wimbledon, Southampton, Millwall... all had a new manager every five minutes and look what happened!!

Of course there is the odd club where it goes right like palace with Dowie, but that is very rare!!

To be honest if we finish in a similar place to where we finished last season it will be one of the wrost two year spells we've ever had, so does that mean Levein is one of the worst managers we've ever had yet alot of fans are happy with him? That worries me that i'm happy to have a manager in charge who quite frankly is about as much use as David Pleat was for us.

Time have changed big time.

To be honest if we finish in a similar place to where we finished last season it will be one of the wrost two year spells we've ever had, so does that mean Levein is one of the worst managers we've ever had yet alot of fans are happy with him? That worries me that i'm happy to have a manager in charge who quite frankly is about as much use as David Pleat was for us.

I'm not happy about what's happening but i'm happy to give him time. He is trying to salvage something from the mess left by Micky Adams/Peter Taylor. He didn't create the mess we are in, which is why people are prepared to give him the chance to sort it out.

Unless we are in the bottom three, he has until the end of the season to get some sort of improvement out of the team.

I'm not happy about what's happening but i'm happy to give him time. He is trying to salvage something from the mess left by Micky Adams/Peter Taylor. He didn't create the mess we are in, which is why people are prepared to give him the chance to sort it out.

Unless we are in the bottom three, he has until the end of the season to get some sort of improvement out of the team.

My feeling exactly, shame ur opinion isnt shared by alot of fans if we lose tonight people well be calling for his head, two away defeats to Derby and Watford and he will be out . WE NEED THREE POINTS TONIGHT!! :angry:

Lots of differences. Pleat had plenty of time for a start so it's nor fair to compare CL to him just yet.

Some people here have yet to wake up to what has happened to our club in the last few years. We have virtually no money, our wage bill has been halved and almost all of our senior professionals have left. You get no points for being a 'big club' even if you still believe we are.

To have a young squad that will improve and be no worse off than last season does not make you a bad manager. The fact that we are not yet pushing for promotion does not make you a bad manager.

Nobody here is arguing that there isn't massive room for improvement in many areas, and we are all frustrated that things are not happening quicker. But writing this season and CL off as failures while the leaves are still on the trees is ludicrous.

There is a massive lack of any alternative, so can we stop these ridiculous threads and give the team/manager until the summer?

Simon

I think it's time that people stopped talking about Levein's predecessors and started looking at the position our club is in. He has been here nearly a year now and if anything we have gone backwards. This isn't an intentional dig at Levein, I'm just calling it how I see it. I don't think we should sack him mid-season but if we end up in the bottom quarter of this division in May, he's open to it then.

I also think tonight is a massive game and if we lose, the fans could really turn on him. Losing at home to Brighton last season was a key game in terms of Adams' departure and if we lose and play badly tonight, a lot of people will be feeling a sense of deja vu.

As for the Forest connection, it's a very real possibility. We're not scoring enough goals. The run up until December is so crucial, because once you're down there, as Forest found last season, it's difficult to get out. Especially as I think a lot of our players think we are too good to be relegated. That's the right attitude to have pre-season but when you're up against it, you need to be able to look at the situation realistically.

However, the nature of this division is that a couple of wins and everyone will be talking about the play-offs. I think most people are starting to see that they are an unrealistic ambition so it's only natural that relegation is considered as well, else we'd have nothing to talk about.

My feeling exactly, shame ur opinion isnt shared by alot of fans if we lose tonight people well be calling for his head, two away defeats to Derby and Watford and he will be out . WE NEED THREE POINTS TONIGHT!! :angry:

I will be angry as hell if CL gets the boot and the fans get on his back. Sacking him is not the answer! How many more frigging times do I have to say it???? :frusty:

Lots of differences. Pleat had plenty of time for a start so it's nor fair to compare CL to him just yet.

Some people here have yet to wake up to what has happened to our club in the last few years. We have virtually no money, our wage bill has been halved and almost all of our senior professionals have left. You get no points for being a 'big club' even if you still believe we are.

To have a young squad that will improve and be no worse off than last season does not make you a bad manager. The fact that we are not yet pushing for promotion does not make you a bad manager.

Nobody here is arguing that there isn't massive room for improvement in many areas, and we are all frustrated that things are not happening quicker. But writing this season and CL off as failures while the leaves are still on the trees is ludicrous.

There is a massive lack of any alternative, so can we stop these ridiculous threads and give the team/manager until the summer?

Simon

If every one thought as you there would be no need for them. However their will be people who will want him out soon if the results dont come.

I agree and i'm definately right behind Levein. But he needs to keep things simple and not make things hard for himself. Playing players out of position, not keeping a settled side and also picking players on reputation and not merit are just some things which might cost him his job. It's all too similar to what Adams was doing last season and how long will it be until the majority of the fans turn? It's horrible, I hate it. 2 wins and this could all be a distant memory and i'm desperate for that to happen because god knows what shite we'll be in if Levein goes. It's a gamble when the manager leaves, for instance you have Megson come in and take Forest down but also Billy Davies came in at Preston and completely revitalised them without making too many changes in personnel.

Squad wise we are as strong as alot of the big-guns in this league and hopefully in time we'll show our quality but it is down to the manager to get teams to punch above their weight and we desperately need to start doing that soon.

Craig Levein's........................

I will be angry as hell if CL gets the boot and the fans get on his back. Sacking him is not the answer! How many more frigging times do I have to say it???? :frusty:

Too many it would seem my dear. People just seem to think if things are not going as well as planned that sacking everyone and changing everything AGAIN will sort everything out. Grr.

It's possible we could get relagated. It's possible Chelsea could too. Craig is doing a good job and i don't like people saying he should be sacked. It's not fair on him. He's lowered the wage bill which some people say "anyone could have done", but not everyone could have done it with the signings he's made and the improvement of performances on the pitch. I think we are heading in the right direction and we will stumble occasionally (like the QPR match) but i think things are going well.

Archived