Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

The Days of our Lives

9 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Which is when I started as a 12 year old and that pitch invasion was epic.

That list looks impressive but when you throw in:-

- a couple of La Manga's.

- The Stan Collymore Experience (5-2 Sunderland, and the fire extinguisher)

- players playing for us for free, Brian Little coming back with Villa,

- Mark McGhee disappearing into oblivion.

- The honour that was Ooooh Ayyyy, Mickey Galloway (my personal favourite was when he got Vinnie Samways and Duncan Ferguson sent off in one match)

- The horror that was Peter Taylor

- Seeing Mancini in a Leicester Shirt

- Ian Ormondroyd!!!!

( I planned on stopping here but remembered the excellent history pages of foxes talk so reminisced going through them for more reminders)

- Kevin "Rooster" Russel

- Gary Coatsworth Orbit ball goal.

- The Cambridge play offs 5-0 win after getting tonked 5-1 by them in the league

- Going 3-0 up against Wolves by half time and losing 4-3 (getting rang up by Cov fans, who confirmed what they had heard when I told them where to go - I dont get many calls from them anymore)

- Breaking our Transfer record for Ade Akinbiyi, then breaking as a club and waiting another X years to match it for another complete failure (Matt Mills)

- Mark Blake being on every Sky Sports advert for about 6 months after scoring 2 goals.

- The hot dog kid

- Jamie Lawrence , armed robber, absolutely ripping julian dicks to the point that the full backs swap sides at half time to save him from more prison time punishment

- The Anglo Italian Cup

- The Zenith Data Systems cup played at Forest in our home matches

- That Muzzy Izzet Goal at Grimsby away. (I was there, so was my mate, asleep!!!! )

For the TLDR, I may be back but I really should go to bed now, fun for me though

It's hardly been boring has it.

Well if we are going into that amount of detail:

In no particular order the season we had 8 different people in charge of the club:

Martin Allen
Jon Rudkin and Steve Beaglehole and Mike Stowell (caretakers)
Gary Megson
Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart (caretakers)
Ian Holloway

Seeing Cambiasso in a Leicester Shirt

Sven managing Leicester: Having 11 signings and 13 loanees in one season

Ostrich gate

4-4 with Villa

Julian Joachim ripping Spurs a new one

Zjelko Kalac and him going on to win the CL with Milan.

Dennis Wise!

The only highlights I can thing from the Dull years are beating Spurs in the Cup with Mark De Vries scoring, the 4-3 against Chelsea and Joey Gudjonssen from the half way line.

I could go on, Nalis vs  Leeds, Barry Hayles vs Crystal Palace, the Hungarians, Nugent chasing a Squirrel.

I wonder how we compare to other clubs, every club must have their stories, legends, cult heroes and villains it may just feel like we have more than most as we are fans.

34 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

My first season aged 11 was 1969. My first game was the FA cup final v Man City followed by relegation. 

Makes what's happening now all the more amazing.

I was there at Wembley in 69 at thirteen, will never forget that day. Never ever even dreamed of us winning the PL. last season was just magical!! How lucky we are to have had the impossible become an unfolding reality. Flew half the way around the world with my wife to be at the Swansea 4-0 win as we closed in on the unthinkable and my wife who is Indonesian still cannot get over the amazing atmosphere in the ground that day. Watching the Nessum dorma clip from the Everton game still gives me goose bumps. We have all born witness to the greatest team sports upset in the history of sport. Just take a minute and let that sink in!!!

28 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

I was there at Wembley in 69 at thirteen, will never forget that day. Never ever even dreamed of us winning the PL. last season was just magical!! How lucky we are to have had the impossible become an unfolding reality. Flew half the way around the world with my wife to be at the Swansea 4-0 win as we closed in on the unthinkable and my wife who is Indonesian still cannot get over the amazing atmosphere in the ground that day. Watching the Nessum dorma clip from the Everton game still gives me goose bumps. We have all born witness to the greatest team sports upset in the history of sport. Just take a minute and let that sink in!!!

I just remember crying my eyes out at the end of the FA cup final. Every time that Nessum Dorma is played pre match now, I have tears for different reasons.

Archived