Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

No Barb Barber

John Barber interviews Levein and does he ask anything relevent? Does he hell.

Question: Why is Alan Sheehan not in the squad considering how good a defender he is and how lethal he can be with his free kicks?

Question: Why do you prefer Kisnorbo to Sheehan at left back.

Question: Who will give us width at Derby?

Question: Why play Tiatto in such a potential volatile game when you could have natural width from proper flankers?

Question: Why are you not playing Ryan Smith from the off?

I'm not saying he has no answers. He quite possibly has. But I would like to know what they are.

Barber was just like a pet lap dog. Nothing he asked was likely to draw anything we didn't know. It was just airwave gobbledegook.

Well said Thrac.

Another question he should have asked:

Q: Why did you sign Smith on loan when he has a pending 3 match ban coming up after today's game? Could you not have waited a month or so until his suspension had passed and saved some money that you've WASTED on his wages?

Well said Thrac.

Q: Why did you sign Smith on loan when he has a pending 3 match ban coming up after today's game? Could you not have waited a month or so until his suspension had passed and saved some money that you've WASTED on his wages?

On the other hand it gives him more time to get to know the other players before starting a game, plus we don't know what the agreement is re wages, how do we know we are paying anything during the suspension period.

On the other hand it gives him more time to get to know the other players before starting a game, plus we don't know what the agreement is re wages, how do we know we are paying anything during the suspension period.

Just the reasons why Barber should have asked the questions.

Just the reasons why Barber should have asked the questions.

Yes you're right, sorry I wasn't suggesting it wasn't a good question or shouldn't be asked.

Well said Thrac.

CL did the right thing if he had of waited then we might not of got him because there was interests from other clubs :)

Well said Thrac.

He did ask him after!

"We knew that Ryan would be suspended for three games when we brought him in. We could have waited another two or three weeks, but there were quite a few teams after him so we were keen to get it done.

"At least he can now train with us over the next couple of weeks, come along to matches and see what we are doing. From that he can get an idea of what is expected of him."

Well said Thrac.

i was reading what cl said why he got smith now, it was because other clubs wanted him.

I'm sure knowing Jon he would be open to suggestions on how to interview Levein in the future. Why not PM or e-mail him to let him know your views rather than just moan about it on here?

I rang Radio Leicester once and they left me pissing into the wind. I don't do things like that twice.

He did ask him after!

"We knew that Ryan would be suspended for three games when we brought him in. We could have waited another two or three weeks, but there were quite a few teams after him so we were keen to get it done.

"At least he can now train with us over the next couple of weeks, come along to matches and see what we are doing. From that he can get an idea of what is expected of him."

Well maybe he can ask proper questions BEFORE he gets a prompt from us. Don't forget I've listened to his normal questions on occasions before.

I can give one reason JB hasn't asked the Sheehan question, he hasn't been that impressed himself with him so far.

Although our role is not to tell the club how to pick the team, we have fed back to the club that many fans are surprised that Sheehan hasn't been given a run in the side, as it seems the most unsettled position so far & he adds options at dead ball situations.

Our understanding is that CL is concerned about exposing the young players to too many games so early in their careers.

It must also be difficult as Stearman looks a better quality player overall than Sheehan, but 2 18yo's in a back 4 is a big gamble.

I can give one reason JB hasn't asked the Sheehan question, he hasn't been that impressed himself with him so far.

Although our role is not to tell the club how to pick the team, we have fed back to the club that many fans are surprised that Sheehan hasn't been given a run in the side, as it seems the most unsettled position so far & he adds options at dead ball situations.

Our understanding is that CL is concerned about exposing the young players to too many games so early in their careers.

It must also be difficult as Stearman looks a better quality player overall than Sheehan, but 2 18yo's in a back 4 is a big gamble.

a) He should still ask the questions cos he knows what's said on these forums and with 67 per cent of posters favouring Sheehan for the left-back spot it is relevent to ask why he doesn't play (whatever his own view). If "Ask The Audience" came up with 67 per cent I'd certainly think twice if MY opinion was different but the point is it's always easier to understand a stance when we're told what it's based on.

b) He obviously hasn't studied him closely enough. The lad is class and has BY FAR the best left foot in the club. Williams, Tiatto and one or two others have taken free kicks for City. None have been any good that I can recall. Sheehan is always a threat and sometimes brilliant. Does Joh Barber ever watch the reserves?

c) Haven't noticed Stearman letting anyone down yet - yes he makes the odd mistake but why are the mistakes of 18-year-olds more serious than those of Nils, Tiatto, Dion etc?. If Stearman has coped why not Sheehan, who I actually rate as highly (but I may be wrong). Of all the people who have played left-back Sheehan unquestionably has the most to offer and the team has actually WON when he's played (which is a rarity, especially in the League).

d) If Levein is genuinely concerned about exposing young players to too much football then I respect that but my impression of Sheehan is that he copes pretty easily anyway and I wonder if the real reason for his omission is that it's easier to leave an Academy graduate out than one of the new signings or an established senior (like Tiatto).

Anyway, the point is that John Barber should find these things out for us. HE is the inquisitor. If Levein has got honest answers (and I don't doubt he has) then it's nice to know what they are.

also might have been snapped up by other interested clubs, i'm just glad to see him here tbh

Jon is one of those Sports reporters that was never reached the top level necessary for a player, so he did the next best thing and picked up a microphone!

Typical BBC, can't even construct sentences :rolleyes:

a) He should still ask the questions cos he knows what's said on these forums and with 67 per cent of posters favouring Sheehan for the left-back spot it is relevent to ask why he doesn't play (whatever his own view). If "Ask The Audience" came up with 67 per cent I'd certainly think twice if MY opinion was different but the point is it's always easier to understand a stance when we're told what it's based on.

b) He obviously hasn't studied him closely enough. The lad is class and has BY FAR the best left foot in the club. Williams, Tiatto and one or two others have taken free kicks for City. None have been any good that I can recall. Sheehan is always a threat and sometimes brilliant. Does Joh Barber ever watch the reserves?

c) Haven't noticed Stearman letting anyone down yet - yes he makes the odd mistake but why are the mistakes of 18-year-olds more serious than those of Nils, Tiatto, Dion etc?. If Stearman has coped why not Sheehan, who I actually rate as highly (but I may be wrong). Of all the people who have played left-back Sheehan unquestionably has the most to offer and the team has actually WON when he's played (which is a rarity, especially in the League).

d) If Levein is genuinely concerned about exposing young players to too much football then I respect that but my impression of Sheehan is that he copes pretty easily anyway and I wonder if the real reason for his omission is that it's easier to leave an Academy graduate out than one of the new signings or an established senior (like Tiatto).

Anyway, the point is that John Barber should find these things out for us. HE is the inquisitor. If Levein has got honest answers (and I don't doubt he has) then it's nice to know what they are.

Does it really matter what he asks though? Football Managers can be like politicians e.g.

Q. Were you right to go to war with Iraq Mr. Blair?

A. 22 degrees, light cloud cover and a chance of a few showers developing later on.

CL will never give a definitive answer to a question that he might not want to answer.I still think Barber could try though!

Does it really matter what he asks though? Football Managers can be like politicians e.g.

Q. Were you right to go to war with Iraq Mr. Blair?

A. 22 degrees, light cloud cover and a chance of a few showers developing later on.

CL will never give a definitive answer to a question that he might not want to answer.I still think Barber could try though!

Ever seen Jeremy Paxman?

Let anyone try bullshitting him for 10 minutes if they can. A good journalist can be very provocative with the simplest of questions.

I don't expect a Paxman of local Radio. Just someone who asks about things that the fans want to know about.

If the answers are cloudy, the fans will recognise that.

John Barber interviews Levein and does he ask anything relevent? Does he hell.

Question: Why is Alan Sheehan not in the squad considering how good a defender he is and how lethal he can be with his free kicks?

Question: Why do you prefer Kisnorbo to Sheehan at left back.

Question: Who will give us width at Derby?

Question: Why play Tiatto in such a potential volatile game when you could have natural width from proper flankers?

Question: Why are you not playing Ryan Smith from the off?

I'm not saying he has no answers. He quite possibly has. But I would like to know what they are.

Barber was just like a pet lap dog. Nothing he asked was likely to draw anything we didn't know. It was just airwave gobbledegook.

Totally agree.

Why are we paying someone to ask CL the questions we want asked, and he doesnt do so. BBC reporters who "work" for LCFC have been doing this for years.

Birch is similar on heart 106, he cant ask the questions/state the obvious anger fans have, because he works for lcfc, yet he calls himself a "fan".

Then if CL answers a question with nonsense, the questioner asks it again, and again untill he gives us a respectable answer, and if CL doesnt respect who pays his wages, the questioner explains how ridiculous CL`s answers were in his report.

The problem is, most fans dont know/care when their being shafted like this.

Archived