Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hammond Scored!

as did i :ermm:

Another reason for video replays. There are so many diabolical refereeing/linesman decisions it is embarrassing. The ONLY reason video has not been used up to now is because some officials are either bent or hopelessly incompetent, as has already been revealed on occasions (Forest in Europe) and one or two of (close to Lancaster Gate) Chelsea's referees among many others across the world.

If they weren't, what would be the problem? Why should they feel threatened by having to impose correct decisions?. I'm certainly not suggesting anything amiss with Dermot Gallagher or his colleagues but what will be the consequence to him and the linesman of this decision. Sod all I imagine. Yet, potentially, we lose two points and they could prove vital in the end.

And do you know the question I ask? How can a linesman give a decision that he doesn't see. If it wasn't fact how can he give it?. He could only have been guessing or assuming because it didn't happen - unless his eyesight is deficient, of course.

And that is a crucial point. Officials should only act on what they know, not what they assume and certainly not on the reaction of a home crowd.

Ah, you might say, WE have the benefit of technology. Indeed, and who REALLY needs the benefit of technology?.

Another reason for video replays. There are so many diabolical refereeing/linesman decisions it is embarrassing. The ONLY reason video has not been used up to now is because some officials are either bent or hopelessly incompetent, as has already been revealed on occasions (Forest in Europe) and one or two of (close to Lancaster Gate) Chelsea's referees among many others across the world.

I so agree with you. It annoys me immensely that technology is not being used in these decisions. It is available and all... what is the holdup...

Referees and linesmen should look upon it as an aid in their decision-making, not threats to them!

the technology used in todays game (chelsea vs liverpool) went wrong, it shows that it's still not ready to be used imo

Perhaps... However, just because something goes wrong once, it doesn't mean that it's not ready (could just be a minor bug - there are lots in existing software systems, including aeroplane software!!!). And - as it stands at the moment - there are dozens of wrong man-made decisions in each game.

If it were really the case that the technology is still not ready, that would be all the more reason to put more effort into it!

[Hmm hope the above makes sense]

Perhaps... However, just because something goes wrong once, it doesn't mean that it's not ready (could just be a minor bug - there are lots in existing software systems, including aeroplane software!!!). And - as it stands at the moment - there are dozens of wrong man-made decisions in each game.

If it were really the case that the technology is still not ready, that would be all the more reason to put more effort into it!

[Hmm hope the above makes sense]

yes but if the technology fails the incorrect decision could be even more annoying and it gives less chance of evening out over the season

Seen the goals on sky - The 2nd was miles offside the 1st was marginally onside - swings and rounadabouts though :(

I would agree with that. The first was a goal though Hume might have passed earlier and the second was about 1.5 metres offside. lol;):thumbup::D

Archived