Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

9 hours ago, LewFox said:

But the whole of Thailand will boycott us and any other Thai supporters wherever in the world they maybe will. It's dishonour and they feel very strong about that

Pearson didn't personally disrespect Thailand. If the press are to be believed, it was his response to what happened which posed a problem, rather than any role he had in it. If stories are to be believed, the owners felt that they had to be seen to act, so they did. I'd be astounded if his appointment led to a great deal of negative publicity.

In fact, compared to the negative publicity worldwide surrounding Ranieri's sacking, it'd pale into insignificance. 

And I'm pretty sure most countries in the world dislike 'dishonour' too. I'm not sure to what extent Thailand is exceptional in that regard. I remember reading an article about 'face saving' and pride in Thailand at the time of the Pearson debacle. I showed it to a person from Thailand that I worked with, and they laughed their socks off, and said that they have the same preconceptions of the British. I suppose another person would disagree with them, but if 'face' really is a major issue in Thailand, then they've already gone out of their way to uphold their honour where Pearson is concerned.

As fans, we should probably concern ourselves with what suits our club, rather than what suits people in Thailand. If the board can get over their issues with Pearson, great, if they can't then, equally, we'll have to get on with things.

Archived