Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

I GUARANTEE if that had been the other way round and id said that to him, the post would be deleted and id have a ban for a week.

There is no justification for using an insult like that. The only "insult" i said was the word "wally", i mean come on.

Fact.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

I GUARANTEE if that had been the other way round and id said that to him, the post would be deleted and id have a ban for a week.

There is no justification for using an insult like that. The only "insult" i said was the word "wally", i mean come on.

Fact.

In fairness, you'd have been wrong.

9 hours ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Ranieri came up with the counter attacking style. Absurd to give Pearson credit for the title.

I have some recorded footage of the Newcastle game in 2015, under Pearson, where they're discussing at length what an exciting counter-attacking side we'd become of late.

Ranieri fine-tuned it magnificently. But the players who could play that way, and the decision to play that way, were Pearson-era undertakings.

And why is everything so black and white? 'The title was Ranieri's'. 'It was Pearson's'. 'It was Walsh's'. 'It was the board's'. 'It was the players''. It's possible that lots of people had a significant and essential role in that title.

Some, perhaps, stand out, though I see no reason to turn this into a competition between - say - Pearson and Ranieri. We almost certainly wouldn't have won it without Ranieri, I'd be 99% sure of that, and we definitely wouldn't have won it without Pearson either. But as far as managers are concerned, Ranieri rightly picked up his medal.

However it's impossible to take anyone seriously if they're resentful of Pearson's impact, or his contribution to what happened, regardless of whether it was a major or minor factor. That sort of hostility just seems to strengthen the argument that he should return, on the grounds that the argument against it is so totally unhinged.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Or maybe some people appreciate what he did but can see his flaws as well. Thinking we can do better than Pearson doesn't make you a bad person.

I think most are aware of his flaws. I've gone into detail about what I think is a sound argument for him not coming back. But whether or not his press conferences are fantastic, or whether he comes across as a bit 'abrasive', doesn't really add anything intelligent to that discussion. Equally, when people like yourself say we simply need to 'move on' because he's in the past (surely every manager you ever appoint is appointed based on what he did in the past? Much like Pearson was appointed on that basis in 2011, mercifully), it does seem as if his credentials are being overlooked for the wrong reasons. It might also hold more weight if some people had, over time, been just a little more gracious about what he'd done for the club.

I find some of the alternatives very interesting. But there has to be a better reason for overlooking Pearson than 'just let it go' / 'move on' / 'he was a liability in the press room' / 'he wasn't all that good' / 'he's a nasty man'.

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I think most are aware of his flaws. I've gone into detail about what I think is a sound argument for him not coming back. But whether or not his press conferences are fantastic, or whether he comes across as a bit 'abrasive', doesn't really add anything intelligent to that discussion. Equally, when people like yourself say we simply need to 'move on' because he's in the past (surely every manager you ever appoint is appointed based on what he did in the past? Much like Pearson was appointed on that basis in 2011, mercifully), it does seem as if his credentials are being overlooked for the wrong reasons. It might also hold more weight if some people had, over time, been just a little more gracious about what he'd done for the club.

I find some of the alternatives very interesting. But there has to be a better reason for overlooking Pearson than 'just let it go' / 'move on' / 'he was a liability in the press room' / 'he wasn't all that good' / 'he's a nasty man'.

Without going all through the reasons why he was sacked again and the ridiculous conspiracy theories of the time. The owners couldn't work with him anymore, there's no reason to believe that's changed.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Without going all through the reasons why he was sacked again and the ridiculous conspiracy theories of the time. The owners couldn't work with him anymore, there's no reason to believe that's changed.

Quite right. We can make very logical guesses at those reasons, and also imagine that they're still relevant. Plus there are, right now, very viable-looking alternatives, though some of them tick different, and in some cases less pertinent, boxes to Pearson.

None of this means that, in the event of the board thinking the aforementioned reasons are no longer an obstacle, we shouldn't welcome the decision to bring him back.

Just now, Koke said:

Do you prefer dilly ding dilly dong pizza press conferences or this :D

Loved em both but whereas Pearsons ego was sat there on his shoulder for the world to see Ranieris was hidden deep inside ....     very similar in a lot of ways.

22 hours ago, matty98 said:

He's perfect, he progresses the club every season and is unlikely to get poached as many believe him to be to much of a loose cannon. Come home Nige, you are the man for the job.

Agree but lets face it he probably would'nt want to come back. He is the perfect fit for us short and long term, knows the club and the players and he has more than proved that already. Look who has failed in between and Claudio I am convinced piggy backed on Pearsons work. This is not a Nigel love in but considered  judgement on who is right for the job. That man is Nigel Pearson.

3 minutes ago, LewFox said:

Nigel will not return it's just not going to happen!  NP will get his job back for a third time even tho he was sacked because his son was racist on video towards a Thai hooker when we have Thai owners

Water under the bridge.   And the owners have shown that business comes above all else.

Still won't have him back though ...   :)

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Water under the bridge.   And the owners have shown that business comes above all else.

Still won't have him back though ...   :)

But the whole of Thailand will boycott us and any other Thai supporters wherever in the world they maybe will. It's dishonour and they feel very strong about that

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Exactly why I love NP.

Says it how it is... don't care if journalists don't like it... tough shit.

He is actually very similar to Fergie in terms of media outbursts but cos Fergie was so successful no one mentions it

I ****ing love NP.

2 minutes ago, LewFox said:

But the whole of Thailand will boycott us and any other Thai supporters wherever in the world they maybe will. It's dishonour and they feel very strong about that

It was junior not him and if he eats a bit of humble pie who knows ...   Thais very big on family loyalty.

Archived