Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

Just now, Countryfox said:

lollol 

Well, we werent in the bottom 3. So if his objective was to keep the team up, he was doing.

Added into that, he had won a league title and had a possible opportunity to get into the last 8 of the champions league.

The situation hadnt reached desperation.

It was just that whatever has happened behind the scenes, players have totally downed tools. And you have to sack a manager to get a reaction, im well aware.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Looks at league table, looks at form table... scratches head.

As said above. He was not in the bottom 3 when he was sacked. So you can keep scratching your head because on the day Leicester were sacked, we were not down.

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Well, we werent in the bottom 3. So if his objective was to keep the team up, he was doing.

The situation hadnt reached desperation.

C'mon Donut ...     We were absolute sh1te ....    Embarrassing sh1te.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Losing to a team 2 leagues below us ....     Who only had 10 men ....   lollol

Our champions league campaign is over achievement.

We were abject in the fa cup and deserved to go out. but its not like a 5th round exit isnt normal for our club anyway. Even more so when the players have all but given up

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

I just find it funny when you have a manager that has clearly massively overachieved with a bunch of players that you would say the previous manager had "built" a title winning squad. When he just hasnt.

Course i understand you can love and respect both managers. What puzzles me, is the balance of love and respect is so badly skewed to the point it makes no sense.

Well he did, Ranieri added the missing ingredient but Pearsons foundations were there for all to see.

The whole defence signed by pearson.

The whole midfield signed by Pearson, lets not forget Ranieri admitted Walsh (brought in by Pearson) had to twist his arm to bring in Kante.

The whole strike force was signed by Pearson.

You can't deny his influence, in the same way its impossible to deny Ranieri's. It just makes you look stupid.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Looks at league table, looks at form table... scratches head.

Right, so heres a question.

If a new manager comes in, and we go down, is it his fault?

Bearing in mind, hes got ages to turn it round, he has 1/3 of a season, and he has games vs Hull and Sunderland at home, he has Palace away, he has Bournemouth at home, Watford at home?

Where does the blame game end in this scenario?

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

I just find it funny when you have a manager that has clearly massively overachieved with a bunch of players that you would say the previous manager had "built" a title winning squad. When he just hasnt.

Course i understand you can love and respect both managers. What puzzles me, is the balance of love and respect is so badly skewed to the point it makes no sense.

He signed pretty much every player that won the league and finished the last quarter of a season with championship winning form. To which he added Fuchs, Okazaki and Kante was their pick. And they were going back to 4411 as Okazaki confirmed when he said they told him that's what they wanted him for.

There is a fair amount of evidence there that would say we would have had a very good season either way.

Nobody will ever know if we would have done it with or without Pearson. But his signings  with Walsh, the spirit he created, the sports science etc were obviousky absolutely critical.

Ranieri will go down as the winning manager and rightfully so, but his team building and man management skills are looking decidedly dodgy. 

9 hours ago, Donut said:

Neither did Pearson lol

Ranieri won the league not Pearson.

This "title winning squad" thing is so naff it really is. Pearson assembled a group of players.

Celtic have won all but one of their games this season in the SPL. So we should credit Ronny Deila for that?

Liverpool have improved a lot under Klopp. But the credit is Brendan Rogers' because he signed the majority of the players?

What youre saying is, if Mick McCarthy had a son who had his bumhole licked by a prostitute and was sacked, then whoever took over and won the league with them actually didnt win the league. Mick McCarthy did. Because he had good old Marcus Stewart up front and Gary Breen at the back lol rather than the new manager making them miles better.

Thats what happened at Leicester and whether you choose to accept that or not is your perogative but thats what happened.

I suppose the argument runs like this: We know how form at the end of one season can impact on the start of the next. See Taylor's era - topping the table in October 2000, then a year later beginning his second season dreadfully when Bill Anderson had assured us that poor form at the end of one season has no bearing on the start of the next.

Some would argue that we'd been the second best PL side for the final quarter of 2014-15, and that Ranieri's genius was in maintaining that momentum, and building on it, while working within already-established structures. I'm sure there's a degree of truth in this too. I always argue that we weren't lucky, because you can't be the best side in the league for a season-and-a-quarter through pure good fortune.

I credit Ranieri for winning the title. How many times have we left sound foundations but failed to make the most of them? He went way, way beyond that. But Pearson had a part in this too, and of course takes the credit for the two previous promotions, not to mention the Great Escape, which enabled us to be in the top flight in the first place.

And I wouldn't understate the quality of his squad. It wasn't just 'a group of players'. You talk about 'groups of players' as if they're homogenous - much the same wherever you go, with the emphasis being on what you do with them, rather than their quality. Leicester won the title in 2016, and Ranieri won his first ever title in 2016 despite having managed far more high-profile players, because some of those players were better than their transfer fees suggested. Even if they were all over-valued by the start of this season, we must be able to accept the importance of spotting little-known talent like Mahrez, Vardy and Drinkwater, and the role this played in our success.

They also won it because he was the perfect man for that moment, and could get players to perform to a previously unimagiable level. That's written in stone.

That said, you can always give credit where due, even when the people in question were apparently not up to much. I'd give Holloway a smattering of credit for bringing in Oakley and Howard, or helping in King's development, even though he was a dreadful boss. And I think it's worth remembering that Sven signed Schmeichel, Konchesky and Nugent, in spite of not being an especially great manager. Further back, you could credit Pleat for Wright and Russell, or Hamilton for Walsh. You can be gracious about someone even if they weren't perfect.

But Pearson was a far, far better manager than Pleat, Holloway or, where Leicester are concerned at least, Sven. You know this too. He also set the foundations for something far more special. And it's time some people were more sincere in their acknowledgement of that.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Well he did, Ranieri added the missing ingredient but Pearsons foundations were there for all to see.

The whole defence signed by pearson.

The whole midfield signed by Pearson, lets not forget Ranieri admitted Walsh (brought in by Pearson) had to twist his arm to bring in Kante.

The whole strike force was signed by Pearson.

You can't deny his influence, in the same way its impossible to deny Ranieri's. It just makes you look stupid.

Yes, but Pearson's influence was not to build a "title winning squad", it was MADE a title winning squad by Ranieri.

Its really irrelevant to say he bought the players when someone else was making them play miles better.

Thats not to say Pearson had NO influence, im saying he didnt have the influence of building a title winning squad.

Heynckes passed on a treble winning squad at bayern to Guardiola. Guardiola added Alonso, Douglas Costa, Coman onto Ancelotti, this is passing on a "title winning squad"

Pearson had no idea for the best part of 29 games. Cambiasso inspired the 9 game run whilst Pearson lost the plot strangling players on the touchline, arguing with fans and sidelining the likes of Albrighton. If Pearson is the only option then might aswell stick with Shakespeare. Pearson is a lunatic.

Just now, Donut said:

Yes, but Pearson's influence was not to build a "title winning squad", it was MADE a title winning squad by Ranieri.

Its really irrelevant to say he bought the players when someone else was making them play miles better.

Thats not to say Pearson had NO influence, im saying he didnt have the influence of building a title winning squad.

Heynckes passed on a treble winning squad at bayern to Guardiola. Guardiola added Alonso, Douglas Costa, Coman onto Ancelotti, this is passing on a "title winning squad"

Blimey you've dug yourself a bloody hole in this thread mate. We get it.

:nigel:

let me put my above post in massive letters just so its clear

I AM NOT SAYING PEARSON HAD NO EFFECT ON WHERE OUR CLUB IS NOW.

I AM SIMPLY SAYING HE DID NOT BUILD A "TITLE WINNING SQUAD"

Just now, Donut said:

You compared him to Mick McCarthy and Paul Lambert and i am pointing out the difference.

Could Ranieri have turned Paul Lamberts Norwich into premier League champions?

Could he have turned Wolves into Premier League champions? 

Now think about what you are saying, then go take your face for a shit because youve talked enough crap for one night.

Archived