Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

9 hours ago, Donut said:

Yes, but Pearson's influence was not to build a "title winning squad", it was MADE a title winning squad by Ranieri.

Its really irrelevant to say he bought the players when someone else was making them play miles better.

Thats not to say Pearson had NO influence, im saying he didnt have the influence of building a title winning squad.

Heynckes passed on a treble winning squad at bayern to Guardiola. Guardiola added Alonso, Douglas Costa, Coman onto Ancelotti, this is passing on a "title winning squad"

Okay, but this sounds like you're in agreement with pretty much everyone else on here. So Pearson took us up two leagues, kept us up, and had an influence in us winning the title a year later. That alone surely is enough for you to think the guy's amazing. Possibly even worth a third crack of the whip.

Is that the case?

There's so much I like about him but I do wonder if this time things did get fractured beyond repair.

But if the players really want him then that's a very strong case for him, and say what you like about the bloke, the fact these players can win the league and STILL want Pearson over Ranieri is quite incredible. That's a completely unheard of level of respect for a manager.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

As said above. He was not in the bottom 3 when he was sacked. So you can keep scratching your head because on the day Leicester were sacked, we were not down.

We are in the bottom three before we've played a game since the sacking, it was going to happen and it has happened. You don't need to be Nostradamus to have see this coming.

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Essentially it is the same people who were against him from day one.

"He'll never get us out of league one"

"He'll never get us out of the championship"

"He'll never keep us up"

People don't like being made to look stupid, as invariably he did at every turn. So they keep trotting it out. Eventually they'll be right and claim victory, but as the old saying goes a broken clock is right twice a day.

I was talking about both sides. From those that refer to him as 'coco' to his most loyal supporters, he certainly provokes opinion.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You compared him to Mick McCarthy and Paul Lambert and i am pointing out the difference.

Could Ranieri have turned Paul Lamberts Norwich into premier League champions?

Could he have turned Wolves into Premier League champions? 

Now think about what you are saying, then go take your face for a shit because youve talked enough crap for one night.

Saying "take your face for a shit" is ridiculous for one.

And who knows, the Leicester team was no better than the one Mick McCarthy brought Sunderland up with. What makes you think they were?

It all boils down to this mini run at the end of the great escape season. I could rattle off loads of teams who have had mini runs. It means next to nothing.

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You are so wrong, It was Pearsons great escape team that won the league.  

Yet virtually everybody says we would never have won the league under Pearson. We could of. The same players with 2 up front. How could it possibly be dismissed so easily. I don't think we would have got as many wins but we won with 3 matches in hand.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yes, but Pearson's influence was not to build a "title winning squad", it was MADE a title winning squad by Ranieri.

Its really irrelevant to say he bought the players when someone else was making them play miles better.

Thats not to say Pearson had NO influence, im saying he didnt have the influence of building a title winning squad.

Heynckes passed on a treble winning squad at bayern to Guardiola. Guardiola added Alonso, Douglas Costa, Coman onto Ancelotti, this is passing on a "title winning squad"

Again, I'll point out the championship winning form before he arrived. You can't say he got them playing better when it had already  started before he arrived.

It that hadn't happened fair enough, but Pearson got it right in the end and was in the process of fixing the remaining issues with signing of Kante etc.

He never had the luxury of playing a game with Kante and Fuchs, so you'll never know what he would or wouldn't have done with them.

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

Saying "take your face for a shit" is ridiculous for one.

And who knows, the Leicester team was no better than the one Mick McCarthy brought Sunderland up with. What makes you think they were?

It all boils down to this mini run at the end of the great escape season. I could rattle off loads of teams who have had mini runs. It means next to nothing.

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

take your face for a shit because youve talked enough crap for one night.

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Okay, but this sounds like you're in agreement with pretty much everyone else on here. So Pearson took us up two leagues, kept us up, and had an influence in us winning the title a year later. That alone surely is enough for you to think the guy's amazing. Possibly even worth a third crack of the whip.

Is that the case?

If he came back to manage us, then id be happy in the sense I think we would have a not just a realistic chance of survival, i think we would stay up comfortably. But beyond that, im not so sure.

My beef really is partly the way Ranieri has been utterly shat on, partly the way this will be swept under the rug by everyone when players can be bothered again, its partly him not receiving anything like the respect he deserves compared to what he has achieved, and its also with the way we have not stayed true to values we have displayed with other managers, even in spite of this success.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Nope. It's Donut versus the world .....     :)

Im happy putting my opinion over, its an opinion. Its a game of opinions.

It doesnt need to turn into what it turned into with that comment, i have my beliefs and he has his.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Unfortunately as inkley said people get defensive because it almost defies belief that so many people down play what he did for this club. 

Or maybe some people appreciate what he did but can see his flaws as well. Thinking we can do better than Pearson doesn't make you a bad person.

Archived