Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Most Important Goal In the Clubs History

Tony James. The ramifications if he hadn't etc.....

I still get shivers down my spine thinking about it. It wasn't a pretty goal or anything, but as Katy said you wonder where we'd be now without it.

At least this topic is sorting out the young uns from the oldies!! :o:P:D

That's a joke, by the way. :thumbup::rolleyes:

I still get shivers down my spine thinking about it. It wasn't a pretty goal or anything, but as Katy said you wonder where we'd be now without it.

At least this topic is sorting out the young uns from the oldies!! :o:P:D

That's a joke, by the way. :thumbup::rolleyes:

I actually have this game on video, it was back in the day when the club used to produce individual games on video to buy. My mum very kindly purchased it for me for my birthday in 1991 and, although its 14 years old, its still playable (I think) and its something that will never end up on ebay...its too precious!

I actually have this game on video, it was back in the day when the club used to produce individual games on video to buy. My mum very kindly purchased it for me for my birthday in 1991 and, although its 14 years old, its still playable (I think) and its something that will never end up on ebay...its too precious!

Well worth another view that Katy. You should get it put on DVD to protect it, I'd buy a copy of that.

Like people say we don't know where we would be without that goal, you never know, it might have even been better for us in the long run.

It has to be the most important goal in my mind but the one I'll never forget is Walshy's second against Derby at Wembley. For me it was fairy tale stuff for the man and the club.

Tony James' is the most important for sure, we might be rotting in division 4 now if it wasn't for that goal as Katy suggests.

I remember listening to the game on the radio as a 7 year old nipper and being extremely happy when the final whistle was blown :D I was yet to go to a City game as it was deemed too expensive so Tigers took preference :cry:

The most important goal I've ever seen City score will have to be Stevie Claridge's at Wembley in the play off final vs Palace :D That ensured Leicester's finest ever few seasons in history. Scored in the last few seconds of extra time just makes it all the more fairy tale esque :D :D :cry: Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime.

May 11th 1991 @ Filbert Street

Tony James against Oxford Utd to give us the 1-0 win that prevented us going into Division 3 for the first time in our history.

Let's hope we don't have similar problems this season.

We'll I was eight and this was one of the first games I went to.

Well worth another view that Katy. You should get it put on DVD to protect it, I'd buy a copy of that.

Like people say we don't know where we would be without that goal, you never know, it might have even been better for us in the long run.

It has to be the most important goal in my mind but the one I'll never forget is Walshy's second against Derby at Wembley. For me it was fairy tale stuff for the man and the club.

Good plan Jase, ill see if I can get it done. The commentary is soooo amaturish which adds to its charm I guess lol

Tony James' is the most important for sure, we might be rotting in division 4 now if it wasn't for that goal as Katy suggests.

I remember listening to the game on the radio as a 7 year old nipper and being extremely happy when the final whistle was blown :D I was yet to go to a City game as it was deemed too expensive so Tigers took preference :cry:

The most important goal I've ever seen City score will have to be Stevie Claridge's at Wembley in the play off final vs Palace :D That ensured Leicester's finest ever few seasons in history. Scored in the last few seconds of extra time just makes it all the more fairy tale esque :D :D :cry: Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime.

Or we could be where WBA are now! But saying that i wouldn't swap place's with em :)

I was follwing Liverpool in my early years so i don't remember the importance of the Tony James goal.

But My View as the most important goal in the Clubs history was Walsh's second in the Derby Playoffs Final.

Local Derby, were 1-0 down, 1-1 84th minute.. Joachim gets the ball on the wing, Ormondroyd forces a great save from Taylor then we all know what happened after.. pure immenseness.

This goal meant we got some of the coffers from the premiership which then enabled us to sign the likes of Lennon Claridge Keller etc which were so successful afterwards.

I was follwing Liverpool in my early years so i don't remember the importance of the Tony James goal.

But My View as the most important goal in the Clubs history was Walsh's second in the Derby Playoffs Final.

Local Derby, were 1-0 down, 1-1 84th minute.. Joachim gets the ball on the wing, Ormondroyd forces a great save from Taylor then we all know what happened after.. pure immenseness.

This goal meant we got some of the coffers from the premiership which then enabled us to sign the likes of Lennon Claridge Keller etc which were so successful afterwards.

Twas 1-1 actually :cool:

:P

Archived