Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Tudgay

Marcus Tudgay is looking to secure a loan move away from Derby after being overlooked for first-team duties by boss Phil Brown.

The 22-year-old striker has not featured for The Rams since starting the 1-1 home draw with Coventry on September 14.

Brown's side are struggling for form and goals having not won in nine games, but despite that Tudgay has been discarded with the likes of Paul Peschisolido, Stern John, Mounir El Hemdaoui and even Brown's assistant coach Dean Holdsworth being preferred up front.

The hit-man, who won February's Championship Powerade Player of the Month award last season in a campaign that yielded nine goals in 22 appearances, is now desperate to secure the chance to display his talents elsewhere with both Crewe and Sheffield Wednesday thought to be monitoring his situation.

"I am obviously disappointed with the way things have worked out, but I accept that's football and just want to get on with my career," he told skysports.com.

His agent Saif Rubie confirmed that there had been interest in his client and insisted Tudgay would only be interested in remaining in The Championship.

"Championship sides have already shown an interest but we will not discuss names until Derby have received a concrete approach through the right channels," added Rubie.

"Marcus is out of contract in the summer but is hoping to go out and play regularly in The Championship in the meantime.

"He has already proved his ability at this level and just wants the chance to show what he can do."

Why can't he get in the Derby team? And that being the case - why would he be a worthwhile signing for us?

Just questions - cos I can't recall ever seeing him play.

Because their manager plays Dean Holdsworth and Stern John ahead of him. ;)

No idea why.

I think Levein sees de Vries, Hammond and Hume as enough in attack, with Dublin to support, so I can't see him splashing out on wages to bring in another striker who would probably be 3rd/4th choice. If we had an injury crisis, then it's an option worth exploring.

Because their manager plays Dean Holdsworth and Stern John ahead of him. ;)

No idea why.

There manager also played ex Leicester player and the Derby GK coach, Kevin Poole at the age of 40-odd in goal at the weekend.

He did have a good game though :whistle:

I rate Tudgay, but I think he's very similar to Elvis in the way he plays. I also think that with a few goals behind him Elvis will be the better player aswell.

I was calling for us to sign him at the end of pre-season but then Elvis was signed and i'm relatively happy with him.

Tudgay isn't going to give us anything we haven't already got. He's hardly prolific himself, having said that he did score some important goals for the shaggers last season.

If we require a striker on loan then Lupoli should be targeted from Arsenal.

I rate Tudgay, but I think he's very similar to Elvis in the way he plays. I also think that with a few goals behind him Elvis will be the better player aswell.

I was calling for us to sign him at the end of pre-season but then Elvis was signed and i'm relatively happy with him.

Tudgay isn't going to give us anything we haven't already got. He's hardly prolific himself, having said that he did score some important goals for the shaggers last season.

If we require a striker on loan then Lupoli should be targeted from Arsenal.

I agree if we are to get another striker lets get one that has more to offer than the existing ones

Ugarte could be an option, as he may be farmed out on loan by Crewe

If he can't get in for Crewe, what use is he to us? I thought he was worth the gamble after what he did for Wrexham but if Crewe have found him crap then what's the chances of us getting anything out of him considering our track record with strikers recently? He also scored most of his goals in not that many games, what I mean by that is he got quite a few hat-tricks and 4/5 goals a game, but also had alot of games where he didn't score. That could indicate he's been found out at this level.

Archived