Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Xbox One Issue

So, month ago I decided to sell my console and completed a factory reset. After selling it I got a message to say it doesn't work, they have sent it back and it doesn't read games.

Its outside of warranty by about 7 months and I would say is a very underused console. Has anyone has this issue? I'm not paying the £90 odd to get it repaired by them that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

So, month ago I decided to sell my console and completed a factory reset. After selling it I got a message to say it doesn't work, they have sent it back and it doesn't read games.

Its outside of warranty by about 7 months and I would say is a very underused console. Has anyone has this issue? I'm not paying the £90 odd to get it repaired by them that's for sure.

Are you sure they sent you back your console and not one they had that was already broke?

You were right to make a note of the serial number before selling, that's a really common scam at the moment. I would sell it as it is just make it clear it's not reading disks. Used Xbox One's are worth **** all since the Slim came out.

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

You were right to make a note of the serial number before selling, that's a really common scam at the moment. I would sell it as it is just make it clear it's not reading disks. Used Xbox One's are worth **** all since the Slim came out.

I will recheck because the buyer was a bit dodgy but pretty sure it's the same one.

I sold it before for £130 and I know I won't get anywhere near that broken so hopefully I either get Royal Mail to pay out or Microsoft fix it for free.

If it was in full working order when you sold it, I would be very surprised if the odd bump in delivery would cause it to stop working entirely. I'd be very suspicious of the buyer to be honest

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

If it was in full working order when you sold it, I would be very surprised if the odd bump in delivery would cause it to stop working entirely. I'd be very suspicious of the buyer to be honest

I am very suspicious of the buyer however their are no obvious signs of tampering, The tamper sticker is in tact and the serial number photographed is the same one as when I log onto the console now.

Am I right in saying that under EU law we get a 2 year warranty?

Also, does anyone know of anyway the buyer could have tampered with the console but either not touched the seal or replaced it? I am tempted to open it up but don't want to cause Microsoft to be any more of a dick than they are already being.

45 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Sounds like it the same console then, did you have insurance on the postage?

I did but that's an utter ballache to sort out. On the off chance Game will take it back i've called them and its going to them this afternoon. Some retailers honour the EU 2 year warranty and it sounds like they are one of them.

Will be amazed if this goes as smoothly as they have made out.

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I did but that's an utter ballache to sort out. On the off chance Game will take it back i've called them and its going to them this afternoon. Some retailers honour the EU 2 year warranty and it sounds like they are one of them.

Will be amazed if this goes as smoothly as they have made out.

Good luck with that, you might be able to sell a brand new xbone lol 

Predictably it didn't. Despite game actually agreeing to take it back as long as it hasn't been maliciously damaged, which it hasn't, when I got there the exact department that told me "Go into branch and they will exchange or refund it" declined this.

Losers.

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Predictably it didn't. Despite game actually agreeing to take it back as long as it hasn't been maliciously damaged, which it hasn't, when I got there the exact department that told me "Go into branch and they will exchange or refund it" declined this.

Losers.

Could you not call them again and arrange it all again, not telling them you'd already tried once and failed, but record the conversation as evidence? 

4 hours ago, stix said:

Could you not call them again and arrange it all again, not telling them you'd already tried once and failed, but record the conversation as evidence? 

That's exactly what im doing today.  

So I did this but instead of pretending I hadn't called I made it clear I had and was misinformed. I spent another hour and a half on the phone and they come back and again say go into store and we will exchange it. I asked if it would be for a new one and was placed on hold for them to come back again and backtrack saying they wouldn't even replace it but I could trade it in lol.

I kicked off and they offered me £155 on a gift card which is crap because I couldn't buy a like for like.

I have spoken to citizens advice and they are in breach of the consumer goods act and so I can either log this formally with them or go to my credit card provider and raise a section 75 claim.

Such a ball ache.

• 1 month later...

Over a month later and this has finally been resolved due to me raising a claim at the small claims court. Brand new Xbox One S is arriving on Wednesday lol. Amazing what happens when they get a letter from the courts.

Archived