Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

A safe, secure way to sell seat for season ticket holder

Apologies if this is elsewhere but if it is I can't find it.

What's the best way to sell my seat for a match that I can't attend ?? I'd hate for my seat to be empty when I know that many can't get tickets.

The ticket office say they can print off a ticket for a fiver but only once per season and I obviously don't want to lend or post my season card to someone that I don't know.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It seems strange that you can only have a printed ticket once a season.

I know you can upgrade to a higher age bracket unlimited times, apart from a four a season limit in The Family Stand, but maybe that is because they are getting easy extra money rather than just a fiver. 

I think the ST brochure is somewhere on the lcfc site. I'd always get a second opinion after getting advice from the ticket office anyway. :ph34r:

Spudulike - I had exactly the same problem and was a bit nervous about lending my season tickets out.  In the end I decided to rely on mutual trust.  99.9% of Leicester City supporters I've met are decent people, and the deal is a fair one.  I only ask for face value, we split the cost of the postage, and in return they look after the season tickets and send the back quickly. 

In terms of practicalities, I look people up on Foxestalk to see if they have got any feedback from other sellers.  If they do, it's a bonus, but I'll still give people with no feedback a chance.  But I won't sell to anyone to lives near the team we're playing, unless they have enough posts to reassure me that they're not an away fan.  I then send people a photo of my season tickets so they know what my name is and have some reassurance that I'm not going to mess them around.  I ask them to send me half the money by paypal up front (the trust has to work both ways), and then the rest when they get the tickets.  And we use registered post each way so we know the tickets have arrived safely.

It's not a perfect system, but if it all goes wrong, I'll just report the season tickets as lost and get new ones issued, and leave some negative feedback for the buyer.  If that ever happens, I'll almost certainly stop lending them to people I don't know.  But I hope it doesn't come to that.  

Thanks for that Winchester :thumbup:

Just reading the Foxes Trust page in the Fox talking about the new LCFC website innovations. "One new innovation is that a season ticket holder (STH) can notify the club up to one hour prior to kick off if they cannot attend a match. The club will attempt to sell the ticket and, if successful, will reimburse the STH 1/19th of the Season Ticket value".

Anyone know anything about this ?? Is it possible ?? I can't find anything on LCFC.COM.

Archived