Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Train to Watford

Just wondering which route most people are going to get to Watford.

I'll be getting the 9.30 train From Melton which gets to Leicester at about 9.50 and then gets in Birmingham New street for about 10.45, there we will catch a direct train to Watford which artives approx 12.15.

From what I've read there are two stations in Watford, the one we are going to is Watford junction which is the one further away but is easier to get to, Apparently the ground is a 20 minuite walk. From what I've heard the main boozer is called Marcs bar, but I haven't been myself.

How are the rest of you getting there? and I look foward to seeing some of you there :D

Anyone got a spare ticket?

I think you'll be able to pay on the gate.

Teeno - the station in the town centre is better, more choice of pubs and all that. Don't ask me which one it is though, the last time I was there, I was very, very drunk.

Just wondering which route most people are going to get to Watford.

I'll be getting the 9.30 train From Melton which gets to Leicester at about 9.50 and then gets in Birmingham New street for about 10.45, there we will catch a direct train to Watford which artives approx 12.15.

From what I've read there are two stations in Watford, the one we are going to is Watford junction which is the one further away but is easier to get to, Apparently the ground is a 20 minuite walk. From what I've heard the main boozer is called Marcs bar, but I haven't been myself.

How are the rest of you getting there? and I look foward to seeing some of you there :D

Ask the lads on the foxfanzine website where the main pub is, I think they know someone who owns it and they all drink in there when City play Watford.

I think you'll be able to pay on the gate.

Teeno - the station in the town centre is better, more choice of pubs and all that. Don't ask me which one it is though, the last time I was there, I was very, very drunk.

It is, but the trains from Brum New Street go to the t'other one (Watford Junction).

I imagine you'd be able to gerra train from there to the station in the centre no probs though :cool:

Why are you getting a train from Leicester to Birmingham then on to Watford? Surely it's quicker from Leicester isn't it?

There are not always trains that go direct to where you wanna go :thumbup: For example, to go to Manchester, you have to change at Sheffield.

To go to Watford you have to change at Birmingham New Street.

Why are you getting a train from Leicester to Birmingham then on to Watford? Surely it's quicker from Leicester isn't it?

Thats the cheapest way mate.

The train we are on goes to Watford junction but yet can get a train from there to the other place which onlyy takes 4 minuites

There are not always trains that go direct to where you wanna go :thumbup: For example, to go to Manchester, you have to change at Sheffield.

To go to Watford you have to change at Birmingham New Street.

That's annoying because you will have to get on that horrible train from Leicester to Birmingham that is always rammed as they only ever send 2 carriages and it takes well over an hour!

I'm going to do some investigating, have you already bought your tickets?

That's annoying because you will have to get on that horrible train from Leicester to Birmingham that is always rammed as they only ever send 2 carriages and it takes well over an hour!

I'm going to do some investigating, have you already bought your tickets?

I'm not going :cry:

Scowy is going by train mind. There will be other routes you can go too, but I think Brum is the most direct and has fewest changes.

I'm driving down to hemel hempstead to a mates house going for a few beers in his local. then gettin the train to watford centre which will be about 15 mins than going on the piss in watford.

There's an offer of a lift folks :thumbup:

Archived