Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Watford Match Thread

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. I hate managers having favourite players. Plus I don't think Joey has done anything to get dropped and Kisnorbo hasn't proved to me that he can pass well enough to play in midfield.

Why do we keep employing people from the opposition to do our commentary?

Beats me but he sounds like a right gimp.

:o

Why are people surprised about Kisnorbo replacing Joey, it was always on the cards from the moment CL signed him as I'm sure it's always been his intention to have Hughes in midfield. The only reason it's taken so long is they ewern't fit enough. Barring injuring the tinkering in midfield is now over it WILL be Kisnorbo & Hughes.

Just because it was always on the cards it doesn't mean it's right. Yes Joey was very average last season and we did probably need another defensive midfielder which is why Kisnorbo was signed. But Joey has been playing really well and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Additionally, Kisnorbo hasn't looked particularly great whenever he's played, and certainly offers nothing going forward. At least Joey can hit a strong powerful shot, even if it is over the bar most of the time ;)

Unfortunately Joey has been the only consistant in producing 12 points from 12 games, so from a team perspective it's not exactly a successful scenario.

Unfortunately Joey has been the only consistant in producing 12 points from 12 games, so from a team perspective it's not exactly a successful scenario.

I think you'll find both Johansson and Hammond have played every game and yet still have managed to play today....

I think you'll find both Johansson and Hammond have played every game and yet still have managed to play today....

Maybe but not in the same position, I'm not saying it's an exact science just trying to put some logic to the decision.

Maybe but not in the same position, I'm not saying it's an exact science just trying to put some logic to the decision.

I understand that there is a case for him being left out, and if it was Weso replacing him then I wouldn't complain. However, is Kisnorbo any better than Joey?

Archived