Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Watford Match Thread

1 (GK) Rab Douglas

17 Richard Stearman

5 Patrick McCarthy

9 Dion Dublin

15 Nils-Eric Johansson

7 Momo Sylla

3 Patrick Kisnorbo

4 Stephen Hughes

23 Joe Hamill

10 Mark De Vries

18 Elvis Hammond

SUBS:

8 Iain Hume

11 Danny Tiatto

13 (GK) Paul Henderson

16 Joey Gudjonsson

24 Patrick Gerrbrand

I'd just love to here his explanations about Sheehan. Nils is just not in the same League at left back and why play such a potentially attacking line up and then leave the best passer, best striker, best flighter of the ball (as well as the most visionary player out of the side. It just doesn't make any sense. One of the best players at the club and he doesn't get a sniff.

Well I weren't far off

Rab

Stearman / to be replaced by Maybury

Gerrbrand

Nissa

Gilbert

Sylla / to be replaced by Smith

Kisnorbo

Hughes

Tiatto

MDV

Hammond

Subs Henderson, Dublin/McCarthy, Joey, Hume, Williams

CL obviously still has a problem at finding a left back, I'm a bit surprised by Hamill, I assume Gerrbrand is still not considerd to be 100% fit enough, but apart from that I'm not too far out.

1 (GK) Rab Douglas

17 Richard Stearman

5 Patrick McCarthy

9 Dion Dublin

15 Nils-Eric Johansson

7 Momo Sylla

3 Patrick Kisnorbo

4 Stephen Hughes

23 Joe Hamill

10 Mark De Vries

18 Elvis Hammond

SUBS:

8 Iain Hume

11 Danny Tiatto

13 (GK) Paul Henderson

16 Joey Gudjonsson

24 Patrick Gerrbrand

Theres only 2 i dont get, dubs and lump de lump, and dont get johanson ahead of sheehan, thats bizare.

The club captain cant even get on, makes you wonder what goes on in the minds of managers heads.

We have 4 attacking players plus de lump, can we score enough?

I really believe Alan Sheehan will have to leave the club before anyone is going to appreciate him.

It'll only be when he's spent three months with a club that believes in him that everyone will be saying "how on earth did we ever let him go?".

Stearman is an action man (terrific defender in his own way) but Sheehan is the only defender I've seen at the club who has genuine class. I can't believe we're wasting it - and that when we're in the middle of a wretched run of results.

I really believe Alan Sheehan will have to leave the club before anyone is going to appreciate him.

It'll only be when he's spent three months with a club that believes in him that everyone will be saying "how on earth did we ever let him go?".

Stearman is an action man (terrific defender in his own way) but Sheehan is the only defender I've seen at the club who has genuine class. I can believe we're wasting it - and that when we're in the middle of a wretched run of results.

Agree. But Levein does take note of the academy. I still have faith that Sheehan will break through soon. But if he isn't a regular by February, I'll want him to leave, just so he can prove his talent.

I'm very disappointed in the team news.

1) Johansson is not a left back. By all accounts he's shocking at LB.

2) Kisnorbo ahead of Joey. That takes the piss. Joey has been our most consistent player this season and has done nothing to warrant being dropped.

3) De Vries :( Hume should be starting, he's quicker, works harder, and gives defenders more grief than De Vries.

4) Dublin should not be playing with Gerrbrand available, he's a short term measure and results haven't improved with him in the team.

The only good things about the lineup is that Williams is dropped completely with Hughes in centre midfield...hallelujah!!! :D :D

And Levein finally playing with 2 out and out wingers. Let's hope Hammill and Sylla perform because when they are off form they are dire.

Stearman is an action man (terrific defender in his own way) but Sheehan is the only defender I've seen at the club who has genuine class. I can't believe we're wasting it - and that when we're in the middle of a wretched run of results.

I think part of the problem is that he is not comfortable with his centre backs, as in McCarthy & Nessa, and the fact the Maybury is out. He's then forced, in his mind into playing Dublin. Dublin and Nissa are too slow as a central pairing so he puts McCarthy alongside Dublin. He's then got to consider does he want Stearman, McCarthy and Sheehan as a back four with Dublin, probably not. I'd like to think that when he can player Gerrbrand & McCarthy/Nissa then it will come back to Gilbert or Sheehan at LB. Stearman will then be the one fighting with Maybury for the RB spot.

Does that make any sense or have I written a load of old bollocks?

Poor Joey, annoyed by him being dropped. Can only think that CL is citing Kisnorbo's better aeriel ability in the midfield really as why he's picked him...

Tiatto gone, hurrah!

Williams ditto, ditto!

Surprised at Hume being dropped, he does get knackered though as he works his arse off all game so maybe CL is looking to Burnley?

Archived