Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Stearman or Maybury

Stearman or Maybury  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be at right back on tuesday?

• Stearman
    • Maybury

...But if we're playing a team that doesn't use strikers who are particularly strong, or has a big man little man combination, Stearman's strength shouldn't matter to much. He's looked fairly strong to me anyway.

I just think that if it's clear that he is going to develop into a centre half, there's not much point playing him out of position for any prolonged period of time, especially when the players used in the centre so far this season have all been less than convincing.

If it were me, I'd pick Stearman and Gerrbrand as the central defensive partnership against Cardiff in the cup. Even if it doesn't work, we haven't really lost anything.

...But if we're playing a team that doesn't use strikers who are particularly strong, or has a big man little man combination, Stearman's strength shouldn't matter to much. He's looked fairly strong to me anyway.

I just think that if it's clear that he is going to develop into a centre half, there's not much point playing him out of position for any prolonged period of time, especially when the players used in the centre so far this season have all been less than convincing.

If it were me, I'd pick Stearman and Gerrbrand as the central defensive partnership against Cardiff in the cup. Even if it doesn't work, we haven't really lost anything.

With full backs spending a lot of time going forwards centre backs spend a lot of their time playing a fullback type roll so playing Stearman there won't be a problem and will give him the opportunity to sharpen up his tackling skills, it also gives him the opportunity to be creative without too much risk. When he eventually moves to centreback both those attributes will make him a much better more rounded centreback

CL has stated previously that stearman is cb in waiting, he's just not physically strong enough yet

Stearman stated in an interview that he is on a high-protein diet and doing extra weights. Anyone noticed any difference? :)

Stearman all the way for me, but as already suggested I think Maybury is a too good player to leave out and will have a point to prove when he comes back. Hearts fans warned us when he signed that every so often he can get sent off but when he comes back he's so focused and plays better than ever, so i'd be tempted to throw Alan in at left back if Levein isn't going to play Sheehan.

Nissa isn't a left back that gives me confidence, he had an awful time on saturday in my opinion when Watford were running at him. Stearman has played about 20 times for us now and i'd say that in 15-17 of those games he's been exceptional, for a lad of 18 to be as consistent as he is you can't drop him.

i think stearman is a brillant player but i will still go with maybury he had loads of experience in the euro cup and the scottish league i would stick with him for now but in a couple of years stearman will be playing at right back every game and will be playing for england under 21`s

i think stearman is a brillant player but i will still go with maybury he had loads of experience in the euro cup and the scottish league i would stick with him for now but in a couple of years stearman will be playing at right back every game and will be playing for england under 21`s

in a couple of years stearman will have moved to centreback, his natural position

Archived