Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Is there any hope for Coventry?

That 'lack of money point' was craap!! Most teams in this div have no money and are performing MUCH better than us.

Look at it this way has Adams improved the team at all since last year-- answer NO.

We are playing a long ball game, dont know when to change it, our best quality players are poor, our moral is terrible. Our young players (Whing, Osbourne, Read)-- dont get a game, at the expense of ex-Lestuh rejects.

Adams needs to admit when he gets it wrong and own up. Its his problem.

No good MA saying Palace had a £9million player to replace a £3 million player,no differenece.The lay out of the team/formation tactics were not good enough,pure and smple the bottom 3 beckons.Questions need to be asked now of MA,Why will he not play McSheffrey up front in his preferred position,why are players loaned out to be replaced by inferiour ones ,why bring in Flood but not play him and are our reserves/youth team players worse than that lot if they are why are they still here.there seems to be more questions than answers.

No, I wouldn't sack Adams, but his policy of signing ex-Leicester players is starting to p*iss me off. I know we've got no money and are very limited in who we can bring in, but he needs to pull his thumb out his arse and look elsewhere. If these players were any good in the first place, then Leicester wouldn't have been relegated, and they wouldn't have been released by other clubs.

lol lol

Deja vu or what. :o Strikers playing on the wing, falling out with players, long ball, youth not getting a chance, favourites and with different names this "'At the end of the day they took Clint Morrison off who is a 3 million pound player and put on a 9 million pound player in Andrew Johnson'." could be exactly what he used to say in post-match interviews with us.

From a Cov fan :thumbup:

I didn't post last night because i was so angry after that performance that i thought i'd wait till the morning to cool off!

Point 1

Formation - Why did MA change a formation that was working well at home? Adebola had no chance up front on his own with 4 defenders marking him.

Point 2

McSheffrey - How this bloke can call himself City through and through is a disgrace. What position was he actually playing in yesterday? Will he ever pass the ball to another member of the team?

Point 3

Micky Adams - He wasn't interested in the game yesterday, he just stood there sulking with no communication to the players whatsoever. Alan Cork just stood virtually behind the dugout on his own and Heath was just sat at the back of the dugout at the other end to Cork. I didn't see the three of them talk to each other once. Then take a look at the Palace bench, the enthusiasm Dowie had is outstanding and him and his coaches just communicated with each other and the players from the start of the match until the final whistle.

Also spoke to an old friend of MA from when he was a player here and he told me he's had enough. The players are not interested and he has no money to make any changes. Looks like yet another manager could be on his way from City before long.

Point 4

Defense - especially Marcus Hall - Absolutely awful! How many times does this prat get caught out at the back by bombing forward at inappropriate times.

Point 5

Money - Jimmy Hill, Richard Keys, John Motson are regulars at the Ricoh in the directors box. Surely if 2 of the 3 mentioned love this club so much they could help us out somewhere along the line?

Point 6

WE ARE IN SHIT! Baring a miracle i can't see us pulling away from the relegation zone, there is absolutely no confidence or interest from the manger, coaching staff or players.

Go to see MM back at the game, i bet he wished he'd stayed away!

Sounds pretty terminal to me.

Your point about Dowie was interesting though. Animation from the touchline is important to players.

As for MA it's no use sulking. Lots of managers have difficult situations - look what he left Levein - but they think their way through and out of it.

The problem with Mickey is he doesn't change his thinking. Even if something fails he bombs down the same road with the same result.

Vision and the strength of character to pursue it. MA has no vision and if he's "had enough" then he hasn't got the character to pursue it anyway.

Can you imagine Dolwie saying he's "had enough". If things were going wrong he'd look first to himself, he'd think about it (a renowned thinker is Ian Dowie) and he'd try something else.

He found out what its like to be relegated. But you don't see HIM sulking. Good boss Dowie.

Archived