Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rusko187

The future of football?

After going to the Wolves game yesterday it's got me thinking about how the future of football clubs are run and if the agents are going to have a more prominent role in the way things are managed.

To clarify I do not know the details about the relations with the owners of Wolves and Jorge Mendes but could we see that instead of a Director of Football/scouting teams being responsible for buying players, clubs would instead approach or employ agents solely to bring their clients (players) to whichever club they're employed to? My thoughts were Ruben Neves is clearly a gifted and brilliant player who will be destined for bigger things, if a Manchester City-esque club of that scale were to come in for someone like Neves would the agent be a conflict of interest and purposefully sabotage any deal in order for his client to remain at the club?

British football is quite unique as agents often approach clubs with players and clubs sometimes buy and sign the player. It doesn't really happen in continental Europe as typically clubs are a bit more savvy than here. Eventually I think agents will be more heavily regulated and there'll have to be greater transparency in football but given how corrupt football associations and governing bodies are it will be a while yet. 

Jorge Mendes wants money above all else. He'll use Wolves to showcase him for a season or two and then catch a massive, massive cut of a sale when he goes to a bigger club. 

Wolves fans would be naive to think Mendes values the success of their club over his cash flow. Wolves are a means to an end for him. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Different cities around the globe will bid for the rights to host Premier League matches blowing TV rights out of the water and season tickets will become redundant.

Sadly with what La Liga has done I fear this will happen to the Premier League.

6 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

After going to the Wolves game yesterday it's got me thinking about how the future of football

James Maddison and Ryan Sessegnon are the future of football, and will win England the World Cup in 2022. 

Jack Grealish might make the 23 man squad, but will only get 10 minutes in the meaningless final group stage game so he can pick up a token winners medal.

Regards,

Somebody who watched a lot of Championship football last season.