Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Which players do you think Rodgers will stick with or bin?

On 08/03/2019 at 15:02, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

People do this all the time if they've decided they dont like a player

Gray came on the other day and his first action wasnt great so you get the immediate 'typical Gray' when in fact its not typical at all.  The fact that he's played well for the majority of his time on the pitch recently isnt even registered

Bizarre prejudices against young players

Ghezzal being the worst for it. I honestly don't think he's done much wrong at all, but large chunks of the fanbase seem to have already decided that because he's not running rings around opposition defenses and tw*tting it in the top corner every game like Mahrez did, he's deserving of some occassionally very nasty criticism every time he so much as touches the ball.

I have a weird siege mentality with such players and find myself backing them more as a result. I remember Matt Oakley getting dog's abuse for months on end in the 2010-11 season despite not doing anything particularly wrong, then suddenly being everybody's best mate again when he scored in back to back games against Palace and Forest. We've always been a fickle fanbase that has a weird fixation on the worth of any player outside of the back 4 being based on how often they score, to the detriment of their other abilities. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...