Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Which players do you think Rodgers will stick with or bin?

20 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

He's done no worse than any other player over the last month or so and only gets 5-20 mins a game. What are honestly expecting to see from him?

Umm, now let me think about that one. 

Perhaps I'd like to see a £21m player at least be able to control the ball properly, run around a bit more, not help the opponents defence with clearance headers, and generally look a tad more like an expensive multi million pound footballer. 

Don't you think he should be doing a little better than we've seen of him ever since he's been here? 

39 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

People do this all the time if they've decided they dont like a player

Gray came on the other day and his first action wasnt great so you get the immediate 'typical Gray' when in fact its not typical at all.  The fact that he's played well for the majority of his time on the pitch recently isnt even registered

Bizarre prejudices against young players

Honestly it completely baffles me mate.

It's the same for our managers as well, everyone hated Puel's "negative" play style, backwards and sideways passing. When Brendan was appointed manager everyone went crazy about how great of an appointment it was with his "attacking" play style. Then Brendan himself comes out in a press conference and says just because a pass isn't forward doesn't mean its a negative pass. No doubt he will be getting praised for backwards and sideways passing next season if we do well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

BR should perhaps produce a league table of the players, based on a weighted (no pun intended) average of their BMI and age. Those at the top (Wes and Shinji?) and should then be binned. Maybe a formula like (7*BMI + 3*age)/10 would do.  

This is a great idea but needs combining with The Duckworth Lewis System to ensure any binning makes logical sense.

We have half a dozen players out of contract in the summer. Then there's the problem of King, James, Slimani etc. Then there are guys like Ghezzal, Gray etc whom I don't know what we do with.

Puel did half the job of clearing out deadwood. Brendan need to finish it off. 

36 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Wes and King to be first out of the door, followed by Slimani, and Silva, with another two or three to go.

The distaste for those two is disproportionate. BR wants Wes around and it's presumably not for his playing capacity. 

Sometimes it pays to have some faces around the club who have a bit of pride. 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think Ghezzal could prosper under Rodgers. The one thing that is missing from his usual game is intensity. I know this is a word that Puel used a lot but for Rodgers it's all about his team playing at their maximum. Ghezzal has a languid style about him that often makes it hard for him to get involved in games, but I do wonder if Rodgers can get on a level with him that he might add this to his game and he could be the surprise story of this regime. Everything is pointing to him being done here now Puel has gone, but i'm intrigued to see what becomes of him.

Iheanacho is another who needs to find that zip about his game again.

There is nothing in Ghezzal's past (apart from a part season previously under Puel) that suggests he is of Premier League standard.

7 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I think whoever has their contract running out will leave. Maybe Morgan will get another 3 years as our new managers are always eager to play him. 

King, Jak, Diabate, Slim and Silva out. 

Whatever has happened to him?

When he played excellently in the Cup at Peterborough, thought the club had got a potential gem in him to put their teeth into in the future. Suppose he was only really meant to be a 'bit-part' player behind Vardy?

But, it appears as if he's been wiped away from the club's presence (including rarely seeing in more recent training ground photos, for example).

What a waste of a potential talent - he's wasting his time at the club and surprised the club hasn't loaned him out to this point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Whatever has happened to him?

When he played excellently in the Cup at Peterborough, thought the club had got a potential gem in him to put their teeth into in the future. Suppose he was only really meant to be a 'bit-part' player behind Vardy?

But, it appears as if he's been wiped away from the club's presence (including rarely seeing in more recent training ground photos, for example).

What a waste of a potential talent - he's wasting his time at the club and surprised the club hasn't loaned him out to this point.

He is loaned out to Sivasspor in the Turkish league. Think he got 3 assists in 4 games at one point.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see more of Ghezzal, under Rodgers, if anyone can bring the best out of him Brendan can. There must be more to his game than we've seen. A decent goal against Fleetwood has been about the only decent thing he's done so far. I reckon he could be a good player under the right manager.

19 hours ago, weller54 said:

Umm, now let me think about that one. 

Perhaps I'd like to see a £21m player at least be able to control the ball properly, run around a bit more, not help the opponents defence with clearance headers, and generally look a tad more like an expensive multi million pound footballer. 

Don't you think he should be doing a little better than we've seen of him ever since he's been here? 

He has a normal workate usually, at times he has played sluggishly but often you can tell he is putting runs in. The fact that he isn't as rapid as Vardy nor possessing of his prodigious stamina should not count for anything. And in all fairness to him, his awful "clearance headers" as you say were largely down to poor delivery. If he's the first man and facing away from goal with a man on his back, there's not much he can do with a ball headed for his face. He shouldn't be in that position, agreed, but I don't think they're a major talking point. 

On 08/03/2019 at 12:41, RoboFox said:

Bin (their career at this level is finished)

James

Fuchs

Okazaki

Compost heap (a loan deal, could be useful for us in the future)

Iheanacho

Soyuncu

Kapustka

Recycling (someone else will probably get more use from them)

Ghezzal

Diabate 

Amartey

Jakupovic

Silva

Add gray to the compost heap and I like your thinking 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:21, Ric Flair said:

I actually think Ghezzal could prosper under Rodgers. The one thing that is missing from his usual game is intensity. I know this is a word that Puel used a lot but for Rodgers it's all about his team playing at their maximum. Ghezzal has a languid style about him that often makes it hard for him to get involved in games, but I do wonder if Rodgers can get on a level with him that he might add this to his game and he could be the surprise story of this regime. Everything is pointing to him being done here now Puel has gone, but i'm intrigued to see what becomes of him.

Iheanacho is another who needs to find that zip about his game again.

Oh come on! He is also way off the quality required for this level.