Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Which players do you think Rodgers will stick with or bin?

With a new manager often comes a preference for new players, offloading some existing ones and generally having a bit of a shake up

Who do you think will suffer the fall of Brendan’s axe?

Personally I can’t see much of a future here for Ghezzal, Diabate, big Wes and dare I say it, Amartey

What do you think? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

With a new manager often comes a preference for new players, offloading some existing ones and generally having a bit of a shake up

Who do you think will suffer the fall of Brendan’s axe?

Personally I can’t see much of a future here for Ghezzal, Diabate, big Wes and dare I say it, Amartey

What do you think? 

I agree Col and I can actually see him cashing in on Kasper as well.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Glad you said players Col and not posters. You would not even last till the summer lol lol

Are you having your Friday morning brain fart again my friend?

Go and lie down before this evenings barn dance... hey down, ho down, Derry Derry down..

:D

B630D85B-693A-4775-971F-3B8CF2B7D336.png

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 2

With the exception of big Wes, who may get a one year extension with a coaching option, I think the out of contract players will go.

Silva is doing ok and in favour so a permanent deal looks on the cards there (hopefully involving Tielemans coming the other way)

As for the rest, I believe he will try and give them all a chance to prove themselves between now and the end of the season. It would not surprise me to see the likes of Ghezzal and Nacho given a new lease of life

Definitely need to offload Slimani on a permanent deal. Don't see much of a future for Diabate or King.

There could be a surprise departure or two also. He may decide to cash in on Gray, as we have plenty of back up in Barnes Ghezzal albrighton (although he may move on if he does not get a regular starting spot) etc. and I am sure that James would be let go if an opportunity arose.

I do not think he will be willing to let Chilwell go anywhere for the time being but again no surprise if we cash on Harry. Rogers has first hand experience of Benkovic after all and will now his potential better than any of us.

• Like 1

Bin (their career at this level is finished)

James

Fuchs

Okazaki

Compost heap (a loan deal, could be useful for us in the future)

Iheanacho

Soyuncu

Kapustka

Recycling (someone else will probably get more use from them)

Ghezzal

Diabate 

Amartey

Jakupovic

Silva

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Bar not taking that through ball in his stride, I thought Iheanacho put himself about well and positively contributed in the final 10mins or so at Watford. Nacho turning a corner with us would be great to see as he cuts such a forlorn figure at times

Yeah, I noticed that too.

I actually thought Nacho was a bit of a coup signing but one for the future. He had a good pre season with JV away at world cup but just does not seem to have been able to produce the goods when it mattered. I really do believe that he should be given a decent run of games and then judged after that. I seriously hope he can come good.

20 minutes ago, String fellow said:

BR should perhaps produce a league table of the players, based on a weighted (no pun intended) average of their BMI and age. Those at the top (Wes and Shinji?) and should then be binned. Maybe a formula like (7*BMI + 3*age)/10 would do.  

Based on the current conception regarding our players intelligence, could imagine breaking that formula to them as the reason they have no future here lol

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I actually thought Nacho was a bit of a coup signing but one for the future. He had a good pre season with JV away at world cup but just does not seem to have been able to produce the goods when it mattered. I really do believe that he should be given a decent run of games and then judged after that. I seriously hope he can come good.

Unfortunately the very high intensity game we played in preseason that looked so promising was only for fitness purposes

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think Ghezzal could prosper under Rodgers. The one thing that is missing from his usual game is intensity. I know this is a word that Puel used a lot but for Rodgers it's all about his team playing at their maximum. Ghezzal has a languid style about him that often makes it hard for him to get involved in games, but I do wonder if Rodgers can get on a level with him that he might add this to his game and he could be the surprise story of this regime. Everything is pointing to him being done here now Puel has gone, but i'm intrigued to see what becomes of him.

Iheanacho is another who needs to find that zip about his game again.

The only zip Iheanacho needs is one in a body bag!.. Dead loss! 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

I reckon Wes Morgan will get a new one year deal at the very least.

I sincerely hope. His salary could be put to better use.

Whilst it not everyone's cup of tea I know, I  was listening to Talksport in the car this morning, when Perry Groves gave a very reasonable and compelling argument for Rodgers to get rid of both Morgan and Schmeichel. Largely to do with player power etc etc and past history. He felt it the best way forward to implement his methods with some  of our exciting young players without hinderance and opposition if again they didn't agree with any decisions or methods. I'm afraid I have to agree with him entirely but I think Schmeichel is possibly too far entrenched up our currently vulnerable owners bottom. He suggests that Schmeichel is an average goalkeeper (I agree) and that should they go down, Etheridge from Cardiff is already a better goalkeeper than him (I agree also). No mention of Ward for some reason but I  feel he definitely needs a run of a few games before the end of the season. He did say he'd have to do it craftily by just gradually edging them out like Ferguson did with certain players he named at United when he arrived and also George Graham the same  at Arsenal. He cited Morgan, Schmeichel, Vardy and Marhez as having been the main protagonists and with Marhez gone, Morgan out of contract in the summer, he just needs to get rid of Schmeichel and his unhelpful dad (yes,he mentioned that too). It would then leave Vardy isolated who he felt would be all the better for it and would fall back into the fold and be more productive again. I have to say personally I agree and that we need such a clear out,  Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel can't all be wrong, time to complete the unpalatable job Puel started,  get rid quick! What do you think?

Others I would include are:

King, Slimani, Okazaki, Fuchs, Jakupovic, Silva, Kapustka,Simpson and possibly Iheanacho but would let Rodgers evaluate him first in case he thought he could improve him.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1