Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

MLB World Series

So the White Sox have taken first blood and it's a great match up tonight - Pettitte v Bueherle!

Any one interested?

I watched it with the third baseman making a couple of stops in the field. ;):thumbup:

They've just started showing MLB here in Denmark... Can't say I'm enthralled though <_<

Game 2 was unbelievable...Grand slam homer for CWS, 2 out hit to drive in 2 runs to tie in 9th inning for the Astro's, and a walk off homer to win it for the Sox!! Can't wait for game 3. I'd be the first to admit baseball can be boring to the non-fan..not this game!!!

Finally some baseball fans, I'm a Red Sox fan having been to Boston twice and watched them play at Fenway Park and followed them ever since. Gutted when we lost to the White Sox in 3. I can see Houston pulling it back in game 3, I think Oswalt will pitch a gem and outpitch Garland (think that's the match up). Does anyone follow the ice hockey?

Game 2 was incredible... Scott Podsednik is a speedster who hadn't hit a home run all season until he hit the walk-off HR last night!

The starting pitching on both sides is excellent, there really won't be a bad matchup. However, I think Chicago matches up better overall because of their better team speed and defensive play. Both teams' bullpens have been vulnerable (Jenks blew the save for the ChiSox last night, and what's happened to Brad Lidge????), but if one of Chicago's starters has to leave early, they've got Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez--one of baseball's best ever postseason pitchers--lurking in the background to keep their team in the game.

I'm a big Yankees fan so I don't have much personal interest in who wins. If Houston wins, I'll be happy for Andy Pettitte, a former great lefty pitcher for the Yankees (whom they NEVER should have let go after 2003). If Chicago wins, I'll be happy for another ex-Yankee, Hernandez, who's a legend.

I predicted White Sox in five before the Series started and I think that sounds reasonable now.

...and to answer Samu's question... I also follow hockey and love the New York Rangers... they've sputtered a bit this past week after their great start.

Good stuff, I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan in the ice hockey. Went to see them play also about 4 seasons ago and followed them, like the Red Sox, ever since. Once I get into a sport I really get into it and I really like the baseball. Canucks have made a great start this season, hope it continues. Isn't Contreras also a former Yankee? Also I'd like to point out that I did support the Red Sox before they won the world series, I'm not just a glory supporter!

What a game last night...

The starting pitching on both sides is excellent, there really won't be a bad matchup. However, I think Chicago matches up better overall because of their better team speed and defensive play. Both teams' bullpens have been vulnerable lately ('stros blowing Game 5 against St. Louis and then losing in the last at-bat last night), but if one of Chicago's starters has to leave early, they've got Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez--one of baseball's best ever postseason pitchers--lurking in the background to keep their team in the game.

I'm a big Yankees fan so I don't have much personal interest in who wins. If Houston wins, I'll be happy for Andy Pettitte, a former great lefty pitcher for the Yankees (whom they NEVER should have let go after 2003). If Chicago wins, I'll be happy for another ex-Yankee, Hernandez, who's a legend.

I predicted White Sox in five before the Series started and I think that sounds reasonable now.

...and to answer Samu's question... I also follow hockey and love the New York Rangers... they've sputtered a bit this past week after their great start.

I'm a Yankees fan too :( When i lived in New York i used to go often, i just can't get used to wqatching the game on TV.

Unless i'm in a bar with a nice cold beer :cool: :thumbsup: :D

Its growing on me as Ive just got back from USA and its all over the tv, still prefer basketball, its a great sport! Orlando Magic all the way (yes I know they are shit!!!) But its looking better this season, bring on the Pacers!

Anyone else like basketball, if so what team?

Its growing on me as Ive just got back from USA and its all over the tv, still prefer basketball, its a great sport! Orlando Magic all the way (yes I know they are shit!!!) But its looking better this season, bring on the Pacers!

Anyone else like basketball, if so what team?

CWS sweep the series in four straight. Well deserved..the best team won.

Used to be a big NBA fan. Kind of lost interest the last few years. A much better game to play than watch. The only team sport I follow other than baseball is football..not the NFL..the real football. Know a team I should support? Come on City!!!

Archived