Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Club Calls Open Meeting..

Words are just that, words. To me, a swear word emphasizes a point. For someone who bangs on about PC gone mad, to then suggest that swearing is wrong surprises me. I thought you were all for freedom of expression.

I am, but i respect someones business. LCFC is not our business, but society is all of our business, thats why i complain about the lack of freedom to expression.

Its not just lcfc`s decision to discourage swearing, theres rules that run accross the footballing platform, and no set of football fans belonging to lcfc will change them.

Turning up to this "discussion", is just the lcfc`s bigwigs blagging you the thought that they listen lol

Once again, you feel comfortable with pathetic blagging from lcfc.

Has anyone yet come up with a suggestion the club will, first LISTEN to, then adhere to, no.

on the subject of taking evidence from other sites check this out.

This is the website I use normally before traveling away to grounds I havent been to before

Go to our ground and click the review from a plymouth fan and u will see this.

It has been years since Argyle have played Leicester, and with Argyle being newly promoted, this was our first visit to a former Premiership ground of the previous season so the expectations were high and lots of us had been looking forward to this game and seeing the stadium. Visits to Leeds and Wolves were to follow later in the season.

The journey up was fine. Once in Leicester there was the problem of finding the ground! We eventually found it, and before we left home, we were told there was plenty of parking. This is actually true, the problem was that the Leicester Tigers were also at home to Harlequins, so essentially, there were four sets of football and rugby supporters trying to park within a one mile radius of two sporting stadia, which was absolute chaos. We eventually parked a short distance away in a Leicester University campus - for a fee of £4.

We found a pub called "The Counting House" next to the complex of the ground, which was very welcoming - but extremely busy - again because there were rugby fans also present! I don't think this this will be a problem if both City and the Tigers end up doing a 'ground share' of the Walkers Stadium, as then only one team can play on any given day.

On entering the stadium, we were very impressed with the concourse facilities, except for the fact you cannot buy alcohol (we were to discover why a bit later)... There are the usual food outlets and betting stalls. A point worth noting is that smoking is not permitted under the stands. The overall look of the concourse area reminded us of what league we were now in, so we hastily ate our food and made our way out to our seats.

The away section is right in one corner of the stadium and our seats were in the middle of this, right at the back so we had a view across both stands on either side of us. The view is excellent and for a new stadium, you can really get some noise going, especially when there are 3,000 of you! The acoustics really are great, and we waited in anticipation of when the ground was full and the match could start! City have what's known as the 'fox hunt horn' which sounds when the players are warming up, when the teams come out, and (unfortunately for us) when the team scores. It does wonders for the build up and the tannoy system is quite good so it sounds amazing when this happens!

Then, the match began, and this is unfortunately where everything about the day was ruined. As it turned out, we lost 2-1, but ignore that fact. We were new to the league and didn't go there expecting to trounce Leicester. That was not the problem. The problems started when Argyle opened the scoring on 8 mins. There was the usual jumping around, singing, dancing and chanting - nothing malicious - just things like 'who are ya' and a little bit of finger pointing. Banter. Nothing more, nothing less.

The stewards pounced.

There were fans from our side being ejected from the ground - quite heavily handed I might add - by the stewards who all game must have expected us to sit there on our thumbs and clap quietly. They were making the situation worse by ejecting people for no reason other than they were chanting of pointing or cheering for their side, and this was just making people angry. I thought we were being picked until a saw the same thing happening to the Leicester fans too!!! By the time the game finished there must have 20-25 less fans in that corner. It was a complete joke.

The Leicester fans didn't help matters, the big noisy crowd we expected were non existent. 20,000 of them and they must have sat there in complete silence all game, except for the ones immediatley to our left. The only two times they got up were when they scored and even after the goals, they just all sat back down again.

Worse was to come outside. As we left the ground, the police saw fit to buffett us around and push and shove whilst they were looking for people they'd 'had their eye on' during the match in case they caused any trouble???? There was no violence or trouble during the game so quite what they were looking for I don't know. By their sheer numbers, they must have been expecting a riot. Leicester City and Plymouth Argyle have been leagues apart for decades. There have been no rivalries. They don't hate us and we don't hate them, so why the police and stewards acted the way they did completely beggars belief. My brother was made to stand against a wall until it was clear he wasn't who they were looking for, and when they were done with him, he was 'pushed' quite harshly aside.

All of this completely ruined the whole 'away day' experience for us, and after such high expectations the day was a complete let down. From the fans who wouldn't sing, to the heavy handed police and stewards who all acted completely unnecessarily. The supporters who came up by coach weren't allowed off them until 2.30, leaving them no time to visit a pub or have a walkabout for a while. The police said they didn't have the resources to police all those extra people!!!! If I'd have been a coach traveller, I would not have been happy having spent hours on it (which is normal for us) and not being allowed to get off until the match! Ridiculous state of affairs.

For a club that is used to hosting Premiership matches, I thought this was a pretty bad show. I have been treated better at Cardiff and Millwall.......no joke!

All was well in Leicester until Argyle opened the scoring, and it was all downhill after.

If you're planning a visit to the Walkers, sit down, be quiet and don't cheer if your team score. That's probably why the home fans were so quiet!

The Stadium - great

The Match - great

The Hospitality - stone age

I dunno how many other football grounds uve been to Lush but like i said. Most places you will be able to swear and gesture until ur hearts content.

Our ground is a joke, its a problem that needs sorting, hence the meeting. Its well you saying uve never had a problem with a steward, neither have I. Doesn't mean u cant recongnise the problem go along to the meeting and try and change things.

If they werent ready to comprimise then I doubt they would of called any meeting they would of carried on as they were.

Most places you will be able to swear and gesture until ur hearts content.

:rolleyes: IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ELSEWHERE, AT LCFC AND ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS UP AND DOWN BRITAIN, IT IS AGAINST THE RULES TO SWEAR.

Why do people think that breaking the rules is a good idea? Ok, you want to change that rule, good luck, but you wont. Football has been given/forced a "respectable" image from the days of "awful" fan behaviour.

Dont get me wrong, i think saying fvck should be allowed, but those that have MADE the decision, dont agree with us, and for the last time, YOU WONT CHANGE THEIR MIND, unless you gather something like 50% or more fan agreement from ALL OVER britain, and you MEAN IT.

Going to filbert way on the 17th will acheive NOTHING.

If you want change so much, go get some mass support. If you want to pay less, go get mass support.

You are being comforted by those who work at lcfc. They dont give a flying fvck about 20/30 people turning up on a thursday night, but they`ll make you feel as tho they do.

They`ll provide you with the inside walls of past players in pictures. They might give you a pen and bit of paper with a lcfc logo on, sell you a pint with a city badge on the glass, you`ll walk on a carpet with the city badge on it. They`ll be people their with lcfc ties and a badge on their suit, its all designed to comfort you.

Ive asked the question of fans forums, what have you done to change the policy of lcfc for the better, many times, and do you know what the answer is, NITTO!!!

rolleyes.gif IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ELSEWHERE, AT LCFC AND ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS UP AND DOWN BRITAIN, IT IS AGAINST THE RULES TO SWEAR.

That is the most Contridictory sentance ever written, Does matter what happens elsewhere, rule up and down the country?

Also Lush do u think im stupid? you think if i go their and listen to that crap im going to say " actually mr Davis ur totally right, U have blagged me I now see that its ok to throw people out of stadiums for doing blatently nothing, its ok that ur shit stewarding ruins the atmosphere at our new state of the art ground, The pint was lovelly and i was made to feel so comfortable i forgot there was a problem in the first place. I see now that our stadium needs to be stewarded more then that of other grounds because its shiny and new. I also think the prawn sandwich stall is a quality idea"

No I dont think I am

:rolleyes: IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ELSEWHERE, AT LCFC AND ALL FOOTBALL CLUBS UP AND DOWN BRITAIN, IT IS AGAINST THE RULES TO SWEAR.

Why do people think that breaking the rules is a good idea? Ok, you want to change that rule, good luck, but you wont. Football has been given/forced a "respectable" image from the days of "awful" fan behaviour.

Dont get me wrong, i think saying fvck should be allowed, but those that have MADE the decision, dont agree with us, and for the last time, YOU WONT CHANGE THEIR MIND, unless you gather something like 50% or more fan agreement from ALL OVER britain, and you MEAN IT.

If you want change so much, go get some mass support. If you want to pay less, go get mass support.

You are being comforted by those who work at lcfc. They dont give a flying fvck about 20/30 people turning up on a thursday night, but they`ll make you feel as tho they do.

They`ll provide you with the inside walls of past players in pictures. They might give you a pen and bit of paper with a lcfc logo on, sell you a pint with a city badge on the glass, you`ll walk on a carpet with the city badge on it. They`ll be people their with lcfc ties and a badge on their suit, its all designed to comfort you.

Ive asked the question of fans forums, what have you done to change the policy of lcfc for the better, many times, and do you know what the answer is, NITTO!!!

And on such sentiments the revolution was born. :rolleyes:

That is the most Contridictory sentance ever written, Does matter what happens elsewhere, rule up and down the country?

you think if i go their and listen to that crap im going to say " actually mr Davis ur totally right, U have blagged me I now see that its ok to throw people out of stadiums for doing blatently nothing, its ok that ur shit stewarding ruins the atmosphere at our new state of the art ground, The pint was lovelly and i was made to feel so comfortable i forgot there was a problem in the first place. I see now that our stadium needs to be stewarded more then that of other grounds because its shiny and new. I also think the prawn sandwich stall is a quality idea"

I meant that just because people are swearing at plymouth or wherever, doesnt mean it should be ok at city.

I dont rate the people who work at city in comparison to their wages, but im confident that they dont chuck people out of our ground for nothing, and if they did and you appealed you`d get a sorry and let back in.

You wont make the slightest difference at the club. Tell me what your going to tell/ask them?

Manwell: lcfc, the stewards are poor etc...

LCFC: well there not really, you cant say their all poor, thats too much of a generalisation. Our stewards go through a training excercise. If you can provide us with a specific complaint, then we`ll deal with it (i guarentee they`ll say that), and we`ll get back to you.

Mawell:, but....

LCFC: if you want a civilised debate...

Manwell: but your not listening....

LCFC: weve heard what you said, and weve given you our answer....

Manwell: well what you going to do about it?

LCFC: your concern has been noted lol

City fan: hi there, we`d like the kop changed over with FE, because the family`s have to put up with away fans swearing.

LCFC: thats quite a big step for the club to make.

City fan: is it feesable?

LCFC: well possibly, but we cant do it yet through mid season.

City fan: for the start of next season?

LCFC: we`ll think about it. You see, its not just about the people already in FE, what about the kop supporters, do they want it. We`ll have to consult the police because the current kop fans are more rowdy, and that could ignite more harm than good.

City fan: so you`ll think about it?

LCFC: dont hold your breath mate lol

That's the attitude. :thumbup::rolleyes:

That's the attitude. :thumbup::rolleyes:

Some people just don't have the guts to stand up and say what they are happy to sit at a keyboard and write. If you can go and speak up - as someone who the club know, then you have a opportunity to make a difference. Which is one step further down the road to changing somehting that not having a voice at all.

You`ll be there then Jon? Im not going, because im happy with the rules.

I live in London , so I won't be able to make it. That's why I'm encouraing people like Lisa to go and speak up. Negative attitudes discouraging people who can go from turning up and speaking are in my view bad for Cuty and their reputation.

You are happy with Plymouth Fans coming to the Walkers and being treated like hooligans for a bit of banter? How would you feel if you went down their on Tuesday and got chucked out after 10 minutes for celebrating a goal?

Negative attitudes discouraging people who can go from turning up and speaking are in my view bad for Cuty and their reputation.

You are happy with Plymouth Fans coming to the Walkers and being treated like hooligans for a bit of banter? How would you feel if you went down their on Tuesday and got chucked out after 10 minutes for celebrating a goal?

I agree, negativeness wont help. Did you say discouraging people from going is bad for city`s reputation?

No im not, are you? I would be peeved, and i would have just cause to complain. What makes you think that by celebrating a goal, i`d be chucked out, do all fans get chucked out? :rolleyes:lol

I meant that just because people are swearing at plymouth or wherever, doesnt mean it should be ok at city.

I dont rate the people who work at city in comparison to their wages, but im confident that they dont chuck people out of our ground for nothing, and if they did and you appealed you`d get a sorry and let back in.

You wont make the slightest difference at the club. Tell me what your going to tell/ask them?

Manwell: lcfc, the stewards are poor etc...

LCFC: well there not really, you cant say their all poor, thats too much of a generalisation. Our stewards go through a training excercise. If you can provide us with a specific complaint, then we`ll deal with it (i guarentee they`ll say that), and we`ll get back to you.

Mawell:, but....

LCFC: if you want a civilised debate...

Manwell: but your not listening....

LCFC: weve heard what you said, and weve given you our answer....

Manwell: well what you going to do about it?

LCFC: your concern has been noted lol

City fan: hi there, we`d like the kop changed over with FE, because the family`s have to put up with away fans swearing.

LCFC: thats quite a big step for the club to make.

City fan: is it feesable?

LCFC: well possibly, but we cant do it yet through mid season.

City fan: for the start of next season?

LCFC: we`ll think about it. You see, its not just about the people already in FE, what about the kop supporters, do they want it. We`ll have to consult the police because the current kop fans are more rowdy, and that could ignite more harm than good.

City fan: so you`ll think about it?

LCFC: dont hold your breath mate lol

the very least i expect to happen is for no one to be kicked out for giving a willy puller sign without a prior warning first ever ever again cuz that is stupid i also expect C-Man to be given his season ticket back.

im so glad u like the rules Lush. as long as nothing happens to u u dont need to do anything about it hey? Guess it dont matter the people from Plymouth being Ejected after 8 mins after a god knows how long trip? for cheering. oh im sure an apology went down a treat, with them, presuming they got one.

I agree, negativeness wont help. Did you say discouraging people from going is bad for city`s reputation?

No im not, are you? I would be peeved, and i would have just cause to complain. What makes you think that by celebrating a goal, i`d be chucked out, do all fans get chucked out? :rolleyes:lol

Didn't you read the PAFC fan's piece properly?

Do all fans have to be thrown out before it becomes wrong, or before doing something about it?

the very least i expect to happen is for no one to be kicked out for giving a willy puller sign without a prior warning first ever ever again cuz that is stupid i also expect C-Man to be given his season ticket back.

im so glad u like the rules Lush. as long as nothing happens to u u dont need to do anything about it hey? Guess it dont matter the people from Plymouth being Ejected after 8 mins after a god knows how long trip? for cheering. oh im sure an apology went down a treat, with them, presuming they got one.

Im aware that you do get a warning, but if he did this next to the away fans, then it might be percieved as incitement to violence. There should be a club spokesman on here.

How come you dont start a sentence with a capital, but spell my name with one, strange.

No mate, but im not aware of the facts regarding the plymouth incident. 8 minutes now, it was 10 a min ago.

NO ONE GETS CHUCKED OUT A GROUND FOR SENSIBLE CELEBRATIONS. There mustve been an angle to it mate.

Well it can't be good for the club to hold a fans forum about stewarding and no one cares enough to turn up. Apparently the Plymouth fan quoted thinks City fans are allowing themselves to be kept quiet by the stewards. It does rather imply that the club is getting a reputation for bad stewarding, and that the fans don't care.

I actually don't get to many games, so it doesn't really affect me personally that much, but when I do get to the Walkers it bothers me if the atmosphere is crap and fans are not allowed to enjoy themselves (I'm not condoning agressive or inflammatory behavour - see earlier posts). It bothers me that fans of other clubs might be having a bad view of City. When we were in the Prem a lot of my mates would like to see City win as they liked the club. I wouldn't want people to disike City generally becuase of not enjoying their visit to the Walkers.

Im aware that you do get a warning, but if he did this next to the away fans, then it might be percieved as incitement to violence. There should be a club spokesman on here.

How come you dont start a sentence with a capital, but spell my name with one, strange.

No mate, but im not aware of the facts regarding the plymouth incident. 8 minutes now, it was 10 a min ago.

NO ONE GETS CHUCKED OUT A GROUND FOR SENSIBLE CELEBRATIONS. There mustve been an angle to it mate.

It's there in black and white. What was the one thing that recked his day, the stewards.

Having a shot at my grammar just shows ur grabbing at straws and u know ur wrong. I do honestly think u argue for the sake of it sometimes.

Well it can't be good for the club to hold a fans forum about stewarding and no one cares enough to turn up. Apparently the Plymouth fan quoted thinks City fans are allowing themselves to be kept quiet by the stewards. It does rather imply that the club is getting a reputation for bad stewarding, and that the fans don't care.

Im not calling that pa fan a lier, but its only his word, we dont REALLY know why he was ejected. I suspect his and others reactions to celebrating the goal was incitement to violence. There are ways of celebrating.

There is nothing in the rules that state fans must keep quiet.

Look, hes probably peeved we come from behind to beat them.

Manwell:

"It's there in black and white. What was the one thing that recked his day, the stewards.

Having a shot at my grammar just shows ur grabbing at straws and u know ur wrong."

Its just his opinion. The stewards might well have done their job very well, but you`ll never know. I`ll bet the stewards care more about city and city fans than they do about the opposition.

I never mentioned your grammar.

Im not calling that pa fan a lier, but its only his word, we dont REALLY know why he was ejected. I suspect his and others reactions to celebrating the goal was incitement to violence. There are ways of celebrating.

There is nothing in the rules that state fans must keep quiet.

Look, hes probably peeved we come from behind to beat them.

Manwell:

"It's there in black and white. What was the one thing that recked his day, the stewards.

Having a shot at my grammar just shows ur grabbing at straws and u know ur wrong."

Its just his opinion. The stewards might well have done their job very well, but you`ll never know. I`ll bet the stewards care more about city and city fans than they do about the opposition.

I never mentioned your grammar.

"How come you dont start a sentence with a capital, but spell my name with one, strange."

Hows it that "not mentioning" my Grammar, dear god man!!!

he wasnt ejected loads of other fans were.

If it was a one off incident i might argee with you. but everybody moans about the stewarding on this site. and loads of neutrals I know say "the stewarding at Leicester is total crap"

If lots of people are upset with it then there is a problem. simple as.

for about the 4th time i find myself pointlessly arguing with you and I am now again going to be the bigger man and drop it for the sake of everyone else on this board.

Lush, you obviously aren't stupid which makes your nonsensical stance on this all the more confusing.

If you go along to the meeting, make reasonable representations and nothing is done about them then that is the time to complain. You have no right to if you don't have your say and don't give the club the opportunity to do something about it.

If you go along to the meeting, make reasonable representations and nothing is done about them then that is the time to complain. You have no right to if you don't have your say and don't give the club the opportunity to do something about it.

I totally agree with you, well put.

So you are going to go to the meeting and not just moan on here about how going is pointless and club won't listen so why bother?

No way, ive got better things to do than ask them lot to change club policy that they wont/cant.

You said "If you go along to the meeting, make reasonable representations and nothing is done about them then that is the time to complain"

You see, i doubt anyone will make a reasonable complaint/suggestion, that the club will ignore.

Suffolk Fox and Shipman Out make a lot of good points - indeed there appears to be far more common sense talked on here than I saw at the stadium on Saturday.

There seems to be something about putting a uniform on a man or woman which seems to change their personaility.

It's almost as if the "coat" represents authority and they have to SHOW they have power over you ... at least so long as there's lots of other "coats" to back them up.

Have you ever met policemen, stewards, traffic wardens out of uniform?. They are often quiet, reserved, perfectly reasonable sorts of people.

But, as I've said in other contexts, give them a uniform, give them authority and some become confrontational bullies to such an extent that - as in history - they would even slay the first born children to demonstrate their status and their subservience to whatever law is written (however stupid).

They take the opportunity to intimidate but in reality are just sheep. On their own, with no back up, they would be much more understanding. And that is what we want them to be on match days. Reasonable, understanding and intent only on making sure we all enjoy watching the match safely.

People chosen for the job should first and foremost be diplomats rather than hard cases. There is even a case for SOME (not all) stewards to simply wear/carry a badge (or something discreet) that allows them to move in quietly to take the steam out of situations.

Those bright orange coats are wonderful for being seen but they are like flames to petrol. They can be highly provocative and when I saw those 8-10 stewards racing up the Kop-end steps and some manhandling the fan I thought that any minute there would be a reaction.

It really wasn't the way to deal with the situation and it could have caused the sort of riot which would have resulted in the game being abandoned.

The fan was doubtless out of order. But the stewards were the professionals and they should have reacted calmly and with the sole intention of cooling the waters rather than making them boil.

I hope Leicester City in their inevitable desire to show support for their helpers doesn't fail to acknowledge that what happened was dangerously counter productive. They should ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Archived