Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Religion

26 minutes ago, Benguin said:

There would need to be irrefutable proof that God does not exist for me to waiver, given that I believe I have received irrefutable proof of his existence. 

This is an interesting statement, I am curious what such irrefutable proof would look like?

Sorry, I feel the need again to reiterate that I am not being awkward or pedantic, and I realise you get lots of queries regarding your faith, but this topic raises many interesting questions is all

3 hours ago, Fktf said:

I'm stuck in a loop. I want to understand what believers have taken to be absolute proof - but the answer (which gets phrased as a question) seems to be 'find out for yourself, once you've decided you want to accept the proof'. Like @Babylonhas been saying, it sounds like belief (or lack of) determines whether people attribute events to being related to God (or not). How could a non-believer ever break the cycle, if accepting proof means you first have to believe.

Which brings me back to the question - what does absolute proof look like

Winning the jackpot on the  lottery. Every time i put my numbers on i say a little prayer, please god i don't ask for much, just let me win. I'd be god's biggest fan if i did that, and i'd be straight on to every football forum in the country trying to convert everyone with live pictures of the evidence, beamed straight from a yacht in the caribbean. 

• Haha 1