Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Maximum posts reached

Saw this for the first time yesterday, and I'd only made 5 posts in the day. Although it had disappeared a few hours later when I logged on for a bedtime browse.

It doesn't say on my profile there are any restrictions and not had any warnings etc recently.

is this a new Foxestalk rule or is a restriction being applied to me? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Saw this for the first time yesterday, and I'd only made 5 posts in the day. Although it had disappeared a few hours later when I logged on for a bedtime browse.

It doesn't say on my profile there are any restrictions and not had any warnings etc recently.

is this a new Foxestalk rule or is a restriction being applied to me? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

You have been restricted to a 10 posts in 24h period. Usually lasts for about a week, depending on how much of a naughty boy or girl. :P you have been  

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You have been restricted to a 10 posts in 24h period. Usually lasts for about a week, depending on how much of a naughty boy or girl. :P you have been  

Thanks Suzie! Appreciate the explanation. Although I don't understand, seeing as I have no warning points or restrictions applied showing, etc.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Thanks Suzie! Appreciate the explanation. Although I don't understand, seeing as I have no warning points or restrictions applied showing, etc.

As i understand it you only get the warning points when you have been abusive or really aggressive. Maybe one of the mods can give you a more detailed explanation? @Mark ... 

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Unfortunately this is rare thing that’s not good on here, mods should be made to give an reason why someone gets restricted, if they already are for internal records then that should be relayed to the person who’s restricted as well 

In my time here I have seen quite a few people mention they have been restricted or blocked from certain parts of the website with no reason given

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It was a temporary solution to the tirade you took against Luke Thomas which was in danger of taking over his topic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The word 'temporary' is useful, I think. I got restricted yesterday, and I really didn't think I was taking anything over, diverting, being aggressive or personal. Sometimes, looking at the world from a different angle gets punished. I suppose I am at least used to being an outsider generally, but it always depresses me a little when I get a restriction, given some of the absolutely hateful guff people spew out apropos of nothing. I might ask tricky questions, but I avoid name-calling and so forth. You know it's a weird time when someone calls you sanctimonious for simply disagreeing with them.

On 12/09/2020 at 10:29, HighPeakFox said:

The word 'temporary' is useful, I think. I got restricted yesterday, and I really didn't think I was taking anything over, diverting, being aggressive or personal. Sometimes, looking at the world from a different angle gets punished. I suppose I am at least used to being an outsider generally, but it always depresses me a little when I get a restriction, given some of the absolutely hateful guff people spew out apropos of nothing. I might ask tricky questions, but I avoid name-calling and so forth. You know it's a weird time when someone calls you sanctimonious for simply disagreeing with them.

The matter has ben referred to Stockley Park and is awaiting decision. You should hear something by early next month. 

• Haha 1