Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Glad to hear that you've made a fighting comeback - I hope that your wife has as well!

My wife and I had it in July. In an ironic twist, we contracted it from my sister. She and my parents live in a very rural area of the country; one that had roughly 150 confirmed cases out of a population of 350,000 or so in the sparsely populated region. We'd been strictly quarantining ahead of the trip, which was a very personal one as it was to say goodbye to my dying grandfathers. Otherwise, we would have stayed in the Carolinas. We took every precaution on the drive north and I was able to see my grandparents without incident. At that point, we had believed that *we* were potential dangers to my family. Turns out, my sister had contracted it but was unaware as she wasn't showing any symptoms. We spent two days with them, mostly outdoors, and that was all it took for the whole family to become ill.

Our symptoms were generally very mild, with the exception of my parents. We've all made a full recovery with no lasting problems that we're yet aware of. Very lucky, and thankful to be okay.

That  sounds truly awful. it’s bad enough that it’s so infectious but to know that you can pass it on without even knowing you have it is scary. Glad you all made a full recovery!!

• Like 3