Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

17 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

Tielemans seems to have slimmed down a lot, and he looks more interested and engaged.

He was our best player today and controlled the second half.

For me, he seems to have 'beefed up' a bit!

It was noticable at the back end of the season that he was a lot more robust in every tackle. Before lockdown he was getting dispossessed easily. He didn't seem any more able to get clear of opponents yesterday, but he was way better at shielding/retaining the ball. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stix said:

I did.....😡😡😡

15BCAD7F-7B73-461F-BF36-9081A92C5AE0.jpeg

Be honest, you bet that every game on the odds one or 2 will leave you in profit for the season 🤣

(like I used to do back in the day, where zeljko kalac cost me a few quid at the hawthorns by "doing a kalac" and diving ove the ball to reduce it to 3-2 - bastard 😡😤🤬🤬🤬🤬

I just think we needed that result. 

It wasn't just us on FT who were piling on the misery about our prospects this season, the media were having a go too. If we'd had lost that, I think our heads would've dropped and we'd have seen a continuation of the sh*t-show from the latter half of last season.

Given, it was a poor WBA team who are nailed on to be battling relegation, but it's remarkable how much a good win can make such a difference. 

We're only going to improve in the next few weeks with injury and suspension returns and hopefully a couple more new faces. Plenty to be optimistic about.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Yes I was nice and calm in the end lol 

I don't know how people can even do the match thread personally. 

The match demands my full attention. A quick pop on at half time. (this information may be massively influenced by dodgy streams which are behind real time and so mobile phone needs switching off to avoid knowing when goagls are scored before they "happen - on my telly ox) 

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Out of interest can anyone shed any light on why Castagne didn't play at left back and Justin at right back? It's where JJ is used to playing for us and presumably when Ricky P returns Timmy will be playing at left back so would make sense to bed him in there

Not a criticism just interested 

I have pondered this and my thoughts are that with barely any training with the rest of the lads, safer to play him where he has been playing most recently. 

Interesting to see if it changes because the right side looked good imo (apologies perez bashers) but it could also improve Barnes with the better player behind him. 

There's merit in both choices. Watch this space. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, urban fox said:

Totally agree. Whilst var checks everything if the ref had not called that First pen, which was great spot because if vardy had not been pulled down he was in for a tap in, then var would not have overturned his decision as it would not have been clear and obvious as a goal scoring oppourtunity 

as you say, apart from the pens and Justin yellow he was fairly unseen which is the sign of a decent ref. Makes the big calls but otherwise lets the game flow. Nothing worse than a pinicity one who blows for every little thing. I thought he was balanced and fair throughout.

Nothing worse than people being PERNICKETY 🤣🤣🤣😘

23 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fantastic after the first 20 minutes.

Castagne looks good and adds much needed height to our team.

Mendy Praet and Tielemans looked good in the middle.

Barnes had a few good runs and created chances, shame he can't finish.

Vardy is a hero.

Just imagine if he could finish,what a player he would be!!Hope it comes to him.

18 hours ago, MPH said:

yes covid has gone- thank you for asking!  feel like i have done ten rounds with Mike Tyson at the end of a days work but everything else is fine.

Stuck at work right now actually... which explains the bah humbug about sport 

You had it as well? Sorry to hear MPH! I know you're just north of me by about 20-30 miles or so.

4 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Just watching the match again , this time without wine and Mendy is a lot better than a lot on here give him credit for. Very efficient very effective, good performance.

Yeah but let’s remember the opposition, there are levels. Looking competent against Livermore and Sawyers is one thing doing it against half decent Prem midfielders is another.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I Dont believe..Soyu hat any "Wild" appearances..more This forum not recognising (again) a new young CB, has to grow into bis position..

Und this forum over analyses, every little Error & cant Balance in the same games or periods the Good solid movements.....

This First Weekend we saw Van Dyke have some incidents....but we wouldnt put his game into question.....!!!

For someone so critical of nagative comments, saying van dyke had some incidents is a bit harsh. 

I think he was excellent 

🤣🤣🤣😘

47 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

You had it as well? Sorry to hear MPH! I know you're just north of me by about 20-30 miles or so.

I was really sick. Worst I have ever felt in my life! They tried to admit me to hospital twice but I refused as my wife also caught it and we had no one to take the kids.. it was awful. I wouldn’t have wished in on my worst enemy!

If you had it I am so so sorry to hear that!  I’m also really hoping you have fully recovered?

Had to watch a replay. That was a solid and controlled performance.

Big shout out to Mendy, who I thought was our best player in the game. Constantly made himself available for a pass for his teammates and had an overall solid game with assured passing and good defensive work. Very impressive and by far the best I have ever seen from him.

JJ also needs a mention. Looked a bit dodgy with his positioning at times and got caught out a few times and had to take a yellow. But then he also had a part in all 3 goals and a massive block towards the end. We got some player in the making here don't we? 

What a great way to start the season. 

• Like 3

i only saw it up to 70 mins as my recording cut off!

The first half was forgettable, same as last season, lots of possession, very little penetration. It was the first game though, so they get a mulligan.

Thought Castagne and Mendy and Praett looked very good.

Perez was invisible (again).

Soyuncu made the back look a lot more solid than those last 3 games.

Wilf had a good game at center back.

Justin  was enthusiastic but his positional play wasn't too good. Rough diamond with plenty of time to improve.

Vardy didn't have much to work  with but ended up  with  two goals (which i never saw due to the cutoff). Same with  Barnes.

The Baggies were pretty poor apart from diangana, a better side would've punished us.

I hope that Rogers has now worked out that he needs to play one defensive mid, one linking mid and one attacking mid if we want to win  games.

That means mendy or wilf, praett, and maddison or teilemans.

play mendy and wilf we're too defensive, play maddy and teile and we're too exposed through the middle on a counter.

i still hope we buy a linking mid, a striker, and maybe a left back, and that we can  sell  perez.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I just think we needed that result. 

It wasn't just us on FT who were piling on the misery about our prospects this season, the media were having a go too. If we'd had lost that, I think our heads would've dropped and we'd have seen a continuation of the sh*t-show from the latter half of last season.

Given, it was a poor WBA team who are nailed on to be battling relegation, but it's remarkable how much a good win can make such a difference. 

We're only going to improve in the next few weeks with injury and suspension returns and hopefully a couple more new faces. Plenty to be optimistic about.

Steady on we thought the same when we beat Sheffield United. We need to beat Burnley and only lose by Max 2 against Man City

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Why lose to that lot? 

After yesterday I'm back to November 2019 and happy to go toe to toe with any caant

Ahh, the beautiful delusion of football. It’s why we all love it and hate it so. One win and we’re world beaters. One loss and its relegation. Love it. 

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I was really sick. Worst I have ever felt in my life! They tried to admit me to hospital twice but I refused as my wife also caught it and we had no one to take the kids.. it was awful. I wouldn’t have wished in on my worst enemy!

If you had it I am so so sorry to hear that!  I’m also really hoping you have fully recovered?

Glad to hear that you've made a fighting comeback - I hope that your wife has as well!

My wife and I had it in July. In an ironic twist, we contracted it from my sister. She and my parents live in a very rural area of the country; one that had roughly 150 confirmed cases out of a population of 350,000 or so in the sparsely populated region. We'd been strictly quarantining ahead of the trip, which was a very personal one as it was to say goodbye to my dying grandfathers. Otherwise, we would have stayed in the Carolinas. We took every precaution on the drive north and I was able to see my grandparents without incident. At that point, we had believed that *we* were potential dangers to my family. Turns out, my sister had contracted it but was unaware as she wasn't showing any symptoms. We spent two days with them, mostly outdoors, and that was all it took for the whole family to become ill.

Our symptoms were generally very mild, with the exception of my parents. We've all made a full recovery with no lasting problems that we're yet aware of. Very lucky, and thankful to be okay.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 3