Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's Slimani. 2 goals against Burnley. 

This feels like a four candles type of affair here. 

Lol, I missed the "league debut" attention to detail bit, probably as I was distracted by another poster saying that he played in the away CL tie at Brugge beforehand! Yes, Slimani in Sept 2016 v the 3.0 v Burnley it was....what a false omen those goals were!  

9 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Fantastic performance.

Castagne looks tailor made for us.

Mendy was fantastic.

Vardy was amazing.

Thought Tielemans was our best player today, he bossed it.

When Ricardo gets back and Castagne moves to the left then watch out EPL.

...dead good wern it.

For about the first 15-20 minutes I was concentrating on Mendy, I hadn't been convinced by him at all up to that point, and during that period of the game, I still wasn't. 

Then, after the understandably gloopy start from all, he started to show the ability that's gained him a new contract.

As many have already pointed out, his close ball skills and confidence to work in tight spaces was clear to see. He moved the ball around basically, but effectively, he kept possession well and recycled cleanly.

He's more a thinking persons type of player, which is too complex and subtle for me, but I did notice it yesterday. 

Great to see Castagne picking up exactly where he did from last season with us....errrr hang on. 

That's the best mix I've ever seen from LCFC, Atalanta into Leicester, both pitched perfectly at 140bpm, seamless and the online crowd went banana's. 

We can only hope he's got more in his collection. 

I also liked seeing Soyuncu looking braver bringing the ball out of defence. I know he was stepping into a clear blue midfield, but it will be a great weapon if he can continue that direction. 

Brendan's post presser above changes the mood as well, seems like he'd just stepped out of an extremely happy dressing room.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

...dead good wern it.

For about the first 15-20 minutes I was concentrating on Mendy, I hadn't been convinced by him at all up to that point, and during that period of the game, I still wasn't. 

Then, after the understandably gloopy start from all, he started to show the ability that's gained him a new contract.

As many have already pointed out, his close ball skills and confidence to work in tight spaces was clear to see. He moved the ball around basically, but effectively, he kept possession well and recycled cleanly.

He's more a thinking persons type of player, which is too complex and subtle for me, but I did notice it yesterday. 

Great to see Castagne picking up exactly where he did from last season with us....errrr hang on. 

That's the best mix I've ever seen from LCFC, Atalanta into Leicester, both pitched perfectly at 140bpm, seamless and the online crowd went banana's. 

We can only hope he's got more in his collection. 

I also liked seeing Soyuncu looking braver bringing the ball out of defence. I know he was stepping into a clear blue midfield, but it will be a great weapon if he can continue that direction. 

Brendan's post presser above changes the mood as well, seems like he'd just stepped out of an extremely happy dressing room.

Soyuncu looked very cultured and he's so rarely fazed. It's odd to see him like this after his early wild appearances.
I particularly liked one episode where WBA pressed high early in the second half forcing Schmeichel to lob an awkward pass to Soyuncu near the corner flag.

Soyuncu takes the ball down calmly and just as the WBA player gets close to him, he swivels seamlessly and knocks a beautiful pass up the line with his left foot.
It looked for all the world that we would get caught out, but for Soyuncu's coolness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The things I would do to see Mertens in a Leicester shirt...

He's 33 years old and just signed a new two year contract at Napoli with a £2 million signing on fee. He absolutely loves Naples and Naples loves him. It's been suggested he'll be getting a job behind the scenes there when he retires.

Edited by l444ry

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Soyuncu looked very cultured and he's so rarely fazed. It's odd to see him like this after his early wild appearances.
I particularly liked one episode where WBA pressed high early in the second half forcing Schmeichel to lob an awkward pass to Soyuncu near the corner flag.

Soyuncu takes the ball down calmly and just as the WBA player gets close to him, he swivels seamlessly and knocks a beautiful pass up the line with his left foot.
It looked for all the world that we would get caught out, but for Soyuncu's coolness.

I Dont believe..Soyu hat any "Wild" appearances..more This forum not recognising (again) a new young CB, has to grow into bis position..

Und this forum over analyses, every little Error & cant Balance in the same games or periods the Good solid movements.....

This First Weekend we saw Van Dyke have some incidents....but we wouldnt put his game into question.....!!!

Just now, l444ry said:

He's 33 years old and just signed a new two year contract at Napoli with a £2 million signing on fee. He absolutely loves Naples and Naples loves him. He will probably get a job behind the scenes when he retires.

Yeah I follow Napoli quite a bit and was really happy when he chose to stay with them

Certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see him stick around the club when he retires

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Proof or it didn't happen 😂🤔🤘💪

You prove I didnt...!!!

I am Happy with my life....proving on squaddly-dit issues is below me....When I fall catastrophically short, I am also mature  enough to say so........

So no such stress,but hunks of wisdom in my life....:celebrate::whistle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1