Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

Very slow start was worried WBA were going to put us to the sword at one point but we grew into the game and ran out comfortable winners in the end.

A convincing win will do wonders for confidence. Need to carry it on now and make the best possible start.

If we had a RW who’s role wasn’t to run about abit and be a wall for the full backs one twos we’d be a really good side. Stop Barnes though and we’d be pretty toothless with the two donkeys who occupy the other side in Perez or Albrighton. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

What is clear after today is that West Brom are not a Premiership side

Unless they spend big they could be effectively relegated by Christmas

That said, you can only beat what’s in front of you and after a lacklustre first half, our quality showed through in the second half

Great to see the new lad get the opener and Vardy is clearly eyeing that golden boot again!

Good win today. Well done the lads

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Also have to say the ref had a good game. You probably think I would say that seeing as we got two penalties, but both were very obvious and other than that the best thing I can say is that I didn't notice him at all, usually the sign of a good refereeing performance.

Rare to say in Premier League games, but there you go!

Some refs definitely would have missed the pullback on Vardy. Like Moss, Pawson, Tierney etc...

Taylor is good at keeping up with the game and I think he's definitely one of the top refs in the league. 

Even though we won, the fact that there's no attention on him shows he had a good game. I'd like to think that West Brom fans are the same in that they lost because they were shite, not because the ref made some dodgy decision(s).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Some refs definitely would have missed the pullback on Vardy. Like Moss, Pawson, Tierney etc...

Taylor is good at keeping up with the game and I think he's definitely one of the top refs in the league. 

Even though we won, the fact that there's no attention on him shows he had a good game. I'd like to think that West Brom fans are the same in that they lost because they were shite, not because the ref made some dodgy decision(s).

From what I've seen on their forums they haven't criticsed the ref at all and some have even praised Leicester which is rare for them. I think they know it's going to be a long hard season and I feel sorry for them because they looked bereft of quality all over the pitch. Maybe their right wing back did OK first half by skinning JJ a few times, but other than that I don't see where their goals are going to come from and also don't think they will keep many clean sheets with the way they defended.

• Like 2

We'll dominate possession first 15 minutes but lack any quality. Then West Brom get on top and score 1-0. Second half, come out firing for 20 minutes, again lack of quality, miss one sitter. Then game dies off. West Brom score 2-0 in last 10 mins.

Not quite the way it played out

Well, the team did better than I expected tbh lol

I thought we would struggle in Midfield, but surprisingly, the team looked up for it. I was very impressed with Castagne. What a player. Strong, intelligent, and deceptively fast.

The team needs a RW and we will be set for a European spot  again next season. And here's a bold statement! I think we can win the league with a few additions to the team

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

Very happy with today’s performance and especially the result. We showed glimpses of our early form from last season defended well and everybody saying we where poor for the first 20 minutes I’d rather we where poor for 20 minutes than 90 which was the case for many a game towards the end of last season.

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

sorry chap but ‘ great’ and ‘cricket’ are not two words I usually use in the same sentence...

Uptil...13.09.2020..21:38...I Really use to like you.....:ill:

Hows family...Covid Now out of the window...???

• Haha 1

To be fair we beat a poor side today so let’s not over do the celebrations.

However it was a solid enough performance and a very decent result. Let’s review in a few games before we start the adoration or castigation nonsense. 
I am sorry if I’ve taken wind out of sails but just giving an opinion... 

• Like 2

Out of interest can anyone shed any light on why Castagne didn't play at left back and Justin at right back? It's where JJ is used to playing for us and presumably when Ricky P returns Timmy will be playing at left back so would make sense to bed him in there

Not a criticism just interested 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2