Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Any sensible answers please?

The squad is finite. Our injury situation is currently ****ing hideous but you can't register 8 CBs and 6 GKs just because you're scared of key defensive injuries. 

You want roughly two players in every position and we've registered four CBs. Seems right to me. 

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Question no. 5: Why on earth don’t we (the premier league) adopt the Italian serie A system, of having 11 substitutes named on the bench for match days?

using this system would keep all teams squad members so much happier. It must be so demoralising for player which currently miss out on the current 18, yet work hard in training. This way, seems so much more logical, especially with the current condensed season 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'd argue it would do the opposite. You'd have players denied moves because the club want 11 on the bench. Would stop youngsters playing under 23s games and more unlikely to get loan deals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The squad is finite. Our injury situation is currently ****ing hideous but you can't register 8 CBs and 6 GKs just because you're scared of key defensive injuries. 

You want roughly two players in every position and we've registered four CBs. Seems right to me. 

Agree...but a few years ago...any Team could also Fall back on decent group of youngsters..ready to make surprise but deserved debuts...

Our Development squad is too far in the wilderness,to offer up regular 1St Team potential...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree with the number 4, I just question the choice of filling the slots