Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

LCFC Women Transfers

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2021 at 15:33, LCFC1996 said:

Didn’t want to start topics for individual transfers because the forum is traditionally for the men’s teams but I’ll keep this updated with any other transfers involving LCFC Women.

In:

Sophie Harris - Goalkeeper - From Watford, contract until 2022 - January 7th

Out:

Ruesha Littlejohn - Forward - To Birmingham City - January 16th

Irish international Ruesha Littlejohn has left the club, joining WSL side Birmingham City...good move from being on our bench most of the season

Edited by LCFC1996

23 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Haven’t heard anything yet, although depending on if Barker/Blanchard are out for any length of time a midfielder wouldn’t be a shock

It would be a shame to falter if we fall short of numbers after doing so well this season, especially as I can see that league getting harder and harder to get out of over the next few years unless they increase the number of teams getting promoted.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It would be a shame to falter if we fall short of numbers after doing so well this season, especially as I can see that league getting harder and harder to get out of over the next few years unless they increase the number of teams getting promoted.

Yeah it’s the one worry. I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see Blanchard depart either, her absence this side of New Years has gone unmentioned and she’s not exactly been getting much game time even before that this season.

4 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Yeah it’s the one worry. I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see Blanchard depart either, her absence this side of New Years has gone unmentioned and she’s not exactly been getting much game time even before that this season.

That’s a shame because she looked good early on. Is it that the squad has improved so much in the last year that she’s struggled for game time? Or injuries?

26 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

That’s a shame because she looked good early on. Is it that the squad has improved so much in the last year that she’s struggled for game time? Or injuries?

I’d assumed injuries but I’d have thought they would have been mentioned before now, could be homesickness, being totally away from family for the last year as a teenager can’t be easy so maybe it’s just an extended break.

• Like 1

New signing! Charlotte Fleming, England youth international from Chelsea

In:

Sophie Harris - Goalkeeper - From Watford, contract until Summer 2022 - January 7th

Charlotte Fleming - Midfielder - From Chelsea, contract until Summer 2022 - January 21st

Out:

Ruesha Littlejohn - Forward - To Birmingham City - January 16th

Annabel Blanchard - Midfielder - To Blackburn Rovers - January 21st

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2021 at 22:58, LCFC1996 said:

11 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Update:

Annabel Blanchard moves to Blackburn Rovers

In:

Sophie Harris - Goalkeeper - From Watford, contract until Summer 2022 - January 7th

Out:

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

New signing! Charlotte Fleming, England youth international from Chelsea

In:

Charlotte Fleming - Midfielder - From Chelsea, contract until Summer 2022 - January 21st

Out:

And another one in! Coventry United’s main bright spark this season is now a blue!

42 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

And another one in! Coventry United’s main bright spark this season is now a blue!

Pretty sure hers was the only name of theirs I can remember the commentator saying during our 1-9 spanking of them. 

5 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Pretty sure hers was the only name of theirs I can remember the commentator saying during our 1-9 spanking of them. 

According to this https://www.lcfc.com/news/1981524/obrien-excited-by-lcfc-womens-intent  she didn't play in that game.

While O'Brien did not feature in the game, Leicester's biggest victory of the season so far - a 9-1 triumph over Coventry United at Butts Park Arena in November - left a big impression on her.

After watching seven different goalscorers find the net in a single game, away from home, she believes her individual attacking attributes are well suited to City's collective qualities.

"I didn’t play in that game, I was actually injured, but they were so impressive," she explained. "They were a really attacking team with a high press, so it’s exciting.

Perhaps they mentioned her as being 'missed'

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

According to this https://www.lcfc.com/news/1981524/obrien-excited-by-lcfc-womens-intent  she didn't play in that game.

While O'Brien did not feature in the game, Leicester's biggest victory of the season so far - a 9-1 triumph over Coventry United at Butts Park Arena in November - left a big impression on her.

After watching seven different goalscorers find the net in a single game, away from home, she believes her individual attacking attributes are well suited to City's collective qualities.

"I didn’t play in that game, I was actually injured, but they were so impressive," she explained. "They were a really attacking team with a high press, so it’s exciting.

Perhaps they mentioned her as being 'missed'

Either that or there's another one from another game.