Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Coaching

Aside from 15/16 I cannot remember when we didn't look shaky from corners. People moan about zonal marking but I'm sure when we first started doing it (under Puel I think), the stats were better than when we man marked.

Zonal isn't too bad, many teams do it well, but I've always felt we have players in the wrong positions.

2 hours ago, enmac said:

While on this topic. Going back to 15/16, how many goals did we score from set pieces and how many did we concede? I've no idea, but do have an abiding memory of Huth's goal against Spurs. Was that the most important goal of that season? 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

2 against man city also for Huth 

Morgan at home to Southampton was massive. Pretty sure that was from a corner?

Ulloa probably scored from a set piece too somewhere that season. I've got Newcastle away in my head but that might have been from open play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Morgan at home to Southampton was massive. Pretty sure that was from a corner?

Ulloa probably scored from a set piece too somewhere that season. I've got Newcastle away in my head but that might have been from open play.

Yeah there were loads come to think of it. Morgan against United