Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Mentality issue

We're letting leads go far more than we used to earlier in Rodgers' reign.

We had a very good record until last season of not throwing away a two-goal lead for many years in the Premier League yet it's now happening far too often. 

Is it a managerial issue? As the issue arose last season, there was a strong argument for it being a player problem because we were missing so many first team players and the reserves don't have the same mental strength. But now the rot has set in and the players lack the same confidence in game management. 

The likes of Amartey, Soyuncu and I hate to say it Ndidi struggle under pressure or lack the tactical acumen to get themselves out of trouble/sense danger. You might be surprised to me mentioning Ndidi but I remember towards the end of the game vs Burnley last season, his game fell apart and we almost lost that game but were saved by VAR. He struggled today, and I think sometimes he's just too nice. Reminds me a bit of Heskey - there's a character there that can take control of matches but he's just too timid. 

Soy's meltdowns happen far too frequently, especially at the back end of the season, while Amartey clearly has an error in him each match. 

But I think today's result is on Rodgers' lack of substitutions, and the one he did make was a poor one. And continuing to play Amartey cost us. 

Hope it gets rectified soon, BR really needs to sort this urgently. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1