Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Mentality issue

Well BR does say he likes to analyze games afterwards and I'm sure he's watching it back today and seeing what he could have done better.

Some things are always 50/50 in a crazy game day like yesterday with so much on the line BUT you look for consitencies and patterns of good & bad play.

It's a mix of certain players could have done better, the formation could have been different and the managers tactics different. You can plan for everything

but its still a gamble if it pays off or not. Reflections reflections and what if's!

What I didn't like and I don't want to dig him out but Maddison didn't seem disappointed that we dropped out the top 4. He was laughing and joking with opposition players, who he may be friends with, but it just doesn't sit well with me. Youri, Wesley Fofana showed that they cared by being visibly upset. Some may say mentality but are we just too nice of a team? Do we need a Keane type character in the squad who goes in where it hurts and won't be afraid to have a go and set order in games which are drifting away from us? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

What I didn't like and I don't want to dig him out but Maddison didn't seem disappointed that we dropped out the top 4. He was laughing and joking with opposition players, who he may be friends with, but it just doesn't sit well with me. Youri, Wesley Fofana showed that they cared by being visibly upset. Some may say mentality but are we just too nice of a team? Do we need a Keane type character in the squad who goes in where it hurts and won't be afraid to have a go and set order in games which are drifting away from us? 

Maddison’s issue is he thinks he’s a superstar already when in reality he’s miles off. Needs to be told to start grafting and less of the modelling shite 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Maddison’s issue is he thinks he’s a superstar already when in reality he’s miles off. Needs to be told to start grafting and less of the modelling shite 

Agreed. He's frustrated me the most since he's come back from injury. Just drifts through games and doesn't have any real impact, and adds nothing defensively. At least Perez gets back and works hard for the team. 

18 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Imagine if we had a Roy Keane type lunatic in the team. He’d be crying then without doubt. 

49 minutes ago, shailen said:

Wasn't there talk that last year he was in tears when we missed out against Man United? 

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wasn't there talk that last year he was in tears when we missed out against Man United? 

He looked more gutted last year, definitely, but he looked like he didn't really care yesterday. Not sure what's happened to him but it's just poor. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I agree with that but yesterday was his best performance in ages.

9 hours ago, Danizen said:

Remember the great Leeds team of the sixties and seventies they intimidated teams before the kick off. Leeds losing at West Ham and 6 1 down and Billy Bremner rolling up his sleeves and urging his side on, no steel like that in our Team unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, shailen said:

He looked more gutted last year, definitely, but he looked like he didn't really care yesterday. Not sure what's happened to him but it's just poor. 

Maybe it was the shame about the house party and the fact he's on so much money that he doesn't think he needs to work as hard.

Either way there was a subtle alarm bell ringing inside me when he was on that night out where that police issue happened about his mate and madders was gloating about his salary and "who I am" mentality.

He seems to have this ultra caring attitude with charities and shit and on the other hand is simply vein and arrogant.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danizen said:

He actually looked pretty annoyed when he was subbed as well, and I agree he was the wrong player to take off with how he was playing

Two of our top three best finishes and the FA Cup, but we’ve thrown away the Champions League, twice, in a similar fashion. I don’t want him gone, and I’ve supported him since the start, but my enthusiasm is tempered.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We finished yesterday with two of our main CBs sat in the stands. Our midfield general playing CB. Our first choice RB easing back into fitness. Our creative midfielder having to come off before the 80th minute to ease him back. Our goal scoring left winger at home. Our young up coming LB with our left winger at home. Our second choice RB playing CB. 

This isnt mentality. Its reality. Wolves lost a few players and finished mid-table. We ran top 4 all the way until the 70th minute of the last game. There is a human element here. Players have been playing three times a week since August. After you lose so many of your first team, sooner or later the replacements are not up to it. 

I truly believe they gave the last ounce of what they had left in the FA Cup. I believe our manager wants his team to be more expansive but struggles to do so due to our shit luck with injuries. Because of the fatigue. 

Yes it hurts, yes its again a season of what ifs. However, dont just question this teams big game mentality and ignore what has actually happened and what has been achieved. You've got Liverpool with 6 defeats at home and finishing 20 odd points behind the champions celebrating a third place finish. A finish achieved with a better squad then ours. We are not doing the same because it feels like we had let it go. But look at what we have overcome to achieve this season. If this happened in Football Manager, most of us would've hit the restart button after Barnes got injured!

This is absolutely bang on :appl::appl::appl:

22 hours ago, shailen said:

What annoyed me is Maddison was getting stick after the game on radio (BBC & Talksport) for having a laugh with Kane.

I watched it at the ground - it was a couple of minutes and Rodgers was with them as well. But only Maddison got talked about.