Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Mentality issue

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We don't play with enough urgency and we don't have players that come crashing in putting their body on their line to score.

We only have Albrighton & Maddison, that try & drive in through midfield...Tielemans  seems to wait until we are a goal down, before he pushes forward

on the Front foot...despite the better Skill set, the players seem to have a mental Block when the game ask for them to Step up to the plate...

At present we are Good enough to Play and Keep around  that Top 7-5 level, we would have been Happy if it so were, if we hadnt tasted twice those long months

in Those Top 3 places, with a depleted squad....

I Dont believe at this time of the season, a manager can  do much now. For me this is discipline and mental side of the players that Pulls the team through...

We just might be in that sphere where they just havent vor  that extra yard in them, in grabbing the Moment Skill & mental wise, like the Real Top of the League

Players do, on a regular basis... Like Spurs at the moment we have to fight to make the ball Move and players Open eyes for the spaces,that next level it happens more naturally, they find Time  on the ball & know and are confident to put in a Performance that they will win...

We arent there yet...Maybe our injuries took that confidence away, But its only them that can find it...This Part of the season is Now in the Teams character to

Show if they can hold up...

We havent got a piece of shit like Keane or Maldini to ball-out Tielemans ,Fofana or Ndidi & Pull them over the line..!!

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Apart from at Celtic and Swansea, let’s not forget he got both us and Liverpool into great positions in the first place.

Today was different, something doesn’t look right, the effort, the basic errors, this just strikes me as something bigger is going on this week.

Obviously we know about the party, but what impact has that had on the preparation, the harmony within the squad, is there a bigger division.

I’m not sure what is happening and what went so wrong today but that wasn’t the Leicester I have watched this season.

...putting aside the covid situation, it has been noted on the big pressure games under Rodgers we tend to come out flat!!!

Not sure what he says to them, but they come out lethargic and unconvinced in what they are doing. It is never the case of one or two being off the pace, it is always all of them.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...putting aside the covid situation, it has been noted on the big pressure games under Rodgers we tend to come out flat!!!

Not sure what he says to them, but they come out lethargic and unconvinced in what they are doing. It is never the case of one or two being off the pace, it is always all of them.

We’re in a semifinal of this season’s FA Cup; we have a great record against the “Big 6” this season. 

This forum is split in 2 groups:

1 - Calm down, its in our hands, we have easy games coming up, we will make the top 4, we can't see XYZ catching us, if at the start of the season we knew we would be 3rd with 7 to go - we would have bitten your arm off.

2 - We're in trouble, stinks of last season, I can see the lead getting cut every week, yet another big game has been lost (not even able to get a draw!), our run is one of the toughest, we won't get results in the last 3.

Last season group 2 were right in the end, and I pray its not the case this season. But make no mistake it's a massive bottle job if we don't get top 4.....yes we have had some fantastic results this season, but this is different. The pressure on these games are totally different and this crunch time. When the chips are down you will have players/teams who step up or you will have others who really fall short and look like rabbits in the headlights.

Beating Southampton and WBA in the next 2 games will be a good start.

At the moment, the recent events (#rememberlamanga) has coloured all perceptions, and if it had occurred following a win (Or maybe a draw) rather than a schooling by Man City, the responses would have been mostly of disappointment rather than despair.

Its more a lack of pace and form issue. There is no pace in midfield without Justin or Barnes. Little Wes is the closest we have to a break away player and he is starting from way back. Add in Vardy is clearly still carrying his groin injury so cannot quite stretch his legs like he would normally do then there isn't much likely to happen. The one positive yesterday is the team started doing more hoof ball which when you have a snail pace midfield is the only kind of ball that is worth anything. 

• 4 weeks later...

The weird thing is they roughed out all the injuries, got to a cup final and we keep coming back into games even if it isn't always enough. That game was worryingly like Bournemouth though and definitely think it's reasonable for people to be panicking after that.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 02:45, Dan LCFC said:

Definitely was last season and the signs are starting to look a bit worrying this time around as well.

It is happening again.

The only reason anyone should have any hope about this season....

Last season we were being hunted down by a bang in form United side. They went on a ridiculous run of games and ate away at our margin over a 7-10 game spell.

This season we’re being chased by a very average Liverpool side and West Ham, who have a dodgy result in them too.

One thing’s for sure - this side doesn’t have it in them to get it done themselves. We’re just going to have to pray that those around us crumble like we’re starting to. 

• 3 weeks later...

What annoys more is 10 mins to go and we're not throwing the kitchen sink. We can pass it around play pretty football all day but sometimes you just have to go route one

If we lose out on our feet like the Atletico game you cannot fault the lads at all. We didn't do that today.

Edited by TK95

8 minutes ago, dayday said:

My thread gets deleted for daring to criticise where I’m looking in the future from a fans point of view .

What’s the point of a forum if you cannot have a debate 

We do debate regularly, Mods just delete threads that are clearly there to rattle people

Just now, UniFox21 said:

We do debate regularly, Mods just delete threads that are clearly there to rattle people

I was being honest, I’ve seen enough from us the last 3 months to see it’s not very rosy, hence I said rebuilding job.

What’s wrong with that?

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I was being honest, I’ve seen enough from us the last 3 months to see it’s not very rosy, hence I said rebuilding job.

What’s wrong with that?

Could be that it's total ****ing nonsense.