Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IDEA OR IKEA

Reserves

The tigers have developmental games on Monday nights that are essentially free to get into, the club makes money by selling parking, food, merchandise, programmes etc. and regulary get 5,000 - 10,000 there!

Would it not be an idea for Leicester to start doing the same at the Walkers. Surely police, staff costs etc. can be offset, eg:-

Say the Chelsea game from the other night gets 5,000 down let in for free (opening one stand!)

Say only half (2,500) spend on average £4 each on food, parking, drink etc. = £10,000

Say 500 buy a programme at £3 (for reserves and feature looking ahead to next game) = £1,500

Say 50 buy merchandise worth £25 on average (shirts, vids etc.) = £1,250

Say 100 park at the ground for the game at £4 = £400

Thats low figures and would generate = £13,150 + say £850 advertising revenue = £14,000

Even if you had 50 members of staff on £5 an hour that would be - £6,250

Still a profit of £7,750 !!!

I miss the reserve games that used to be at Filbert and cannot see why (at least for the bigger games) they dont do the same at the Walkers! Make it free to get in and people will go - and spend money. Even if not and students go and spend nothing its still generating support for the lads!!

I understand the matches are not played at the WS to protect the pitch.

STH's used to get into reserve games for free, I used to go a lot, although I had fewer commitments in those days. Food and drinks were also discounted. We used to get some pretty good attendances as well, 16,000+ against Manure springs to mind.

I would imagine the club are paying to hire Hinckley's stadium, and you still need to pay for staff, and with less revenue coming from elsewhere, free entry is no longer viable. Perhaps the FT could confirm this?

The tigers have developmental games on Monday nights that are essentially free to get into, the club makes money by selling parking, food, merchandise, programmes etc. and regulary get 5,000 - 10,000 there!

Would it not be an idea for Leicester to start doing the same at the Walkers. Surely police, staff costs etc. can be offset, eg:-

Say the Chelsea game from the other night gets 5,000 down let in for free (opening one stand!)

Say only half (2,500) spend on average £4 each on food, parking, drink etc. = £10,000

Say 500 buy a programme at £3 (for reserves and feature looking ahead to next game) = £1,500

Thats low figures and would generate = £13,150 + say £850 advertising revenue = £14,000

Those figures are gross revenue... out of that you have to take tax, and the costs of the goods you are selling, and the margin on food and drinks is only likely to be small for the club - maybe 10%. Merchandise might be 25%-50% and you probably aren't generating new sales, just changing when they happen. You would need to generate a lot more revenue than that to make a profit.

Chelsea is the exception gate wise for the reserves. Generally speaking when I've been down this season the paying gate has been 400-750.

Can't imagine it would be worthwhile opening the Walkers for this sort of turnout, especially considering the effect on the pitch, and there is a certain PR aspect for holding Reserve matches out in one of the county's bigger towns - and at an excellent stadium which suits the attendances envisaged.

It is also close to the club's official hotel.

I've personally found it an excellent night out. Apart from the bar being utterly souless and the choice of drink bland (no better than the kiosks at the Walkers), the entry price of £2 is negligible, the food is good value and quickly purchased, there's shelter if it rains and there's the feeling that you're close to the action.

Hinckley's been a great place to see our promising ex-Academy players, and although the Chelsea game sounded pretty grim by all accounts, generally I've been well enough entertained.

I miss the reserve games that used to be at Filbert and cannot see why (at least for the bigger games) they dont do the same at the Walkers! Make it free to get in and people will go - and spend money. Even if not and students go and spend nothing its still generating support for the lads!!

£3 for a programme, whadaya rich or sumut.

£4 to park, whadaya rich or sumut.

Its a friendly, so make it friendly prices, and then i`ll go.

I agree with you, but the out of towners who`ve escaped the inner city polution, prefer not to travel into Leicester to watch their future.

Wheres the community spirit gone?

£3 for a programme, whadaya rich or sumut.

£4 to park, whadaya rich or sumut.

Its a friendly, so make it friendly prices, and then i`ll go.

I agree with you, but the out of towners who`ve escaped the inner city polution, prefer not to travel into Leicester to watch their future.

Wheres the community spirit gone?

1. I do not know/or care the economics of it - they were just rough guide prices.

2. The community spirit, prefer not to travel into Leicester. You do know you are going to watch and support LEICESTER CITY mate, what do you want them to do build a stadium in Corby.

(PS i know they use Hinkley at min - it is excellent facilities)

what a tight bastard. it's only a couple of quid for ****s sake. you scrooge. £2 entry is a very good price to watch a match of reasonable standard. **** hell

Exactly - some decent players on show - say £2 to get in a pint and burger £6 and a programme for £3 - £10 out of pocket for the club you are supposed to SUPPORT. What a joker!

Hmmmm so Leicester City get their programmes printed for free and are provided with free food and drink to sell, and all merchandise is made for free? Got any info on the supplier? Would love to get some free burgers and pints......

:rolleyes:

Hmmmm so Leicester City get their programmes printed for free and are provided with free food and drink to sell, and all merchandise is made for free? Got any info on the supplier? Would love to get some free burgers and pints......

:rolleyes:

Come on did not factor that in but what mark-up do you think there is on a Leicester City S***y burger and the pints!! Even with that profit minus the cost of suppliers there is still potential for profit and even if they break even where is the harm!

Archived