Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Levein

1. Says he will concentrate on attack

2. Then plays Dublin and De Vries upfront for next game

3. Also plays two defensively minded midfield players in the centre

4. Refuses to play our best left back (Sheehan)

5. Said he wanted a striker, got Hammond and Hume, one with about 3 goals, ever. One is an attacking midfielder really.

Levein is tactically incompetant and doesn't know how to attack. He needs to get at least one striker in January, a right winger and a more creative edge in midfield.

This season has been woeful so far, and he only has himself to blame.

He is scared of everyone in this division. Our team relies on the opposition EVERY GAME. We'll never have a settled team. He'll never give us the chance to attack because of his obsession with trying to concede zero goals every game, it's an impossible ask. Who cares about conceding the odd goal every now and then, the problem is scoring.

De Vries maybe the top scorer, but we're going nowhere with De Vries up front. He is simply woeful and only scores when luck is on his side.

Got to agree with that Mr C.

It's a problem Adrian Boothroyd put into context:

"Too many teams in this division play to not lose"

We can't even do that!

So true. Burnley try to score one goal and then sit back on the lead, but they do it successfully.

He is scared of everyone in this division. Our team relies on the opposition EVERY GAME. We'll never have a settled team. He'll never give us the chance to attack because of his obsession with trying to concede zero goals every game, it's an impossible ask. Who cares about conceding the odd goal every now and then, the problem is scoring.

De Vries maybe the top scorer, but we're going nowhere with De Vries up front. He is simply woeful and only scores when luck is on his side.

Spot on. We play with fear.

He also has the problem with the favourites... de Vries, Kisnorbo etc.

Spot on Mr C, spot on.

Because as has been pointed out, he is the only forward other than the frankly awful Hammond who has had a decent run in the side. He has played a LOT of games this season. Most of his goals are simple and anyone would score them.

Sometimes you have to look beyond statistics.

Still, if you're happy with MdV up front, that's up to you, just shows you're a moron.

Because as has been pointed out, he is the only forward other than the frankly awful Hammond who has had a decent run in the side. He has played a LOT of games this season. Most of his goals are simple and anyone would score them.

Sometimes you have to look beyond statistics.

Still, if you're happy with MdV up front, that's up to you, just shows you're a moron.

:rolleyes: im a moron. Id rather have my top scorer playing, rather than an awful finisher of Hammond, an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER (who i dont think is all that great, even before he signed for us....) who has proved he can score a few against League One sides :thumbup::thumbup: and Dublin who cant last 90 minutes. I know what striker would be my first on the team sheet.

What do you propose we play upfront? :)

Spot on. We play with fear.

He also has the problem with the favourites... de Vries, Kisnorbo etc.

Spot on Mr C, spot on.

And Douglas, and Nils, and Maybury, and Dion.

Not saying they never deserve their place in the side but today was a classic example with Dion. If he were competing for a central defensive berth there's a case to be made that he's as good as anyone we've got, certainly McCarthy.

But as a striker he's way past his sell-by date and doesn't have a tally of goals like MDV to make an indisputable case on his behalf.

The same goes with Nils. He's okay as a centre-back, not quite as good as the two incumbents but certainly a challenge to them.

But, cos he's been ousted there, Levein makes a place for him at left back, the team get lucky enough not to concede many despite Nils' various mistakes and he uses that to justify continueing to play him there.

Yet it is perfectly obvious he will never be a decent (all round) left back cos he's not a natural left-footer, doesn't pass particularly well, doesn't really attack and is vulnerable, defensively to being turned and to pace. Meanwhile a brilliant and thoroughly natural footballing alternative gets ignored.

Maybury and Stearman are very tight but it is Maybury who's had all the leeway, whose mistakes have been tolerated.

I don't know what it is with Kisnorbo. I've seen him play okay and I've seen him virtually missing from games but, it's almost as if Levein pencils his name in and puts others around him whatever.

Ridiculous that cos he just doesn't do enough to influence games. Defensively he's no better than Joey (and certainly less consistent) while as an attacker he's inconsequential. Can't see the point in having him really considering the pressing needs we've got.

To me it's folly to pick teams in a way that includes your pals but ignores all logic. A manager has to be prepared to leave his own brother out for his worst enemy if that's the best selection.

I'd have Dublin and Hume up front.

I disagree, I think MDV is far more effective than Dublin; when Dublin came off today, MDV looked much more of a threat. However I do agree with your suggestion of starting Hume, TBH i'm surprised he didn't feature today, is he injured? If not, then something isn't right.

I do actually think Hume and MDV could be a good partnership and I am at a loss at to why Levein hasn't tested this paring more. MDV is very easy to blame, he does look incredibly clumsy at times, however I do believe the critism is unjust, i'm sure others will disagree but we all see differing performances.

As for your comments regards Hammond, spot on mate, I would be very surprised if he scored more than five a season, I think sprinting may have been his calling.

hammond looked quite threatening when he 1st arrived, at derby away he and hume looked like they had some understanding of each other already!

levein needs to pick 2 and stick with them for a run of games as constanly changing hume and hammond helps neither of them, or mdv as he is constantly adjusting to a different partner witth a different style of play. he did it at centerhalf he needs to do it with the strikers

Archived