Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Mansfield goalkeeping coach (ex-City) dies

Mansfield goalkeeping coach Peter Wilson has died after suffering a heart attack at Saturday's League Two match against Shrewsbury.

The coach had spent 10 minutes warming up Mansfield's goalkeepers ahead of the Gay Meadow meeting when he collapsed.

He was taken to hospital and at 1445 GMT a stadium announcement confirmed that the match had been abandoned.

His death was confirmed by the Royal Shrewbury Hospital later on Saturday afternoon by doctors.

Mansfield's assistant manager Paul Holland said of the postponement decision: "The players were in no fit state to play."

Wilson had recently joined the club from Leicester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_3/4431224.stm

R.I.P

Is this the one from last season?

I'm pretty sure it is the same one. Not sure when he first came to City because Peter Shirtliff said he knew him from his time at Leicester but he only became our goalkeeping coach after Shirtliff left. He may have been doing work with some of our younger keepers before Glen Letheran left and then was promoted to the first team goalkeeping coach role. I'm also not sure what he had been doing for the last few months since Mike Stowell became first team goalkeeping coach for us. He may have gone back to working with our younger keepers? Someone like Cisak who posts on here will probably know more or maybe Macca. I'm sure people like Stuart Taylor who worked with him a fair bit last season will be very shocked. I remember seeing both of them meeting up with each other after Leicester's reserve game against Arsenal last season.

RIP

Archived