Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Adult using OAP tickets for away games?

Hi guys,

im a ST holder with my elderly uncle who has an OAP ST.

Due to his age and declining health he is unable to attend away games.

Fortunately I’ve been able to upgrade so I don’t have to attend alone, but am limited to 4 upgrades per season.

Has anyone any experience of using OAP or concession tickets as an adult for away fixtures? If so, where? Did you encounter problems? Could you upgrade there and then as an away fan?

Many thanks for any input on this.

21 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Fortunately I’ve been able to upgrade so I don’t have to attend alone, but am limited to 4 upgrades per season

I thought that was just the Family Stand.

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

Hi guys,

im a ST holder with my elderly uncle who has an OAP ST.

Due to his age and declining health he is unable to attend away games.

Fortunately I’ve been able to upgrade so I don’t have to attend alone, but am limited to 4 upgrades per season.

Has anyone any experience of using OAP or concession tickets as an adult for away fixtures? If so, where? Did you encounter problems? Could you upgrade there and then as an away fan?

Many thanks for any input on this.

Yeh loads of times. Never ever been checked at the turnstile using an over 60 ticket or whatever  the age restriction may be 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I thought that was just the Family Stand.

4 away upgrades per season ticket.

I was completely unaware until I’d upgraded and they told me I’d got 2 left.

I guess it’s one of those things you wouldn’t know unless you’d tried it.

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

4 away upgrades per season ticket.

I was completely unaware until I’d upgraded and they told me I’d got 2 left.

I guess it’s one of those things you wouldn’t know unless you’d tried it.

That must be recent change then because it was just the family stand and prior to covid I must have lent mine out more than 4 times.

22 hours ago, davieG said:

That must be recent change then because it was just the family stand and prior to covid I must have lent mine out more than 4 times.

Previously they used to allow 8 per season in the family stand and unlimited in the rest of the ground.

In terms of aways it didn't used to register the age bracket.

In recent times. Its now 4 in the family stand and 8 in the rest of the ground has been for a few seasons.

And if purchasing aways online it now takes into account the age bracket. So I can't buy an adult on my lads ticket anymore. Not sure where you stand if you phone up.

My dad is In the senior bracket but rarely makes it to away games with me now.

I usually take my partner or a friend - I don't even bother checking which of us has the senior ticket as I have never once been checked at an away day.

We also recently mixed up tickets for the Europa league home matches too and no issues - no one seems to notice/care

(so me a 26 year old girl - goes though easily with senior ticket every time) - I wouldnt worry :)