Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Levi Porter

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER QUALITY YOUNG PLAYER GOES OUT ON LOAN N I BET HE'LL NEVER RETURN....

Welcome, if he's good enough he'll be back. Can you name someone who's gone on loan, never come back and proved to have been good enough to have come back. You talk as if it's an everyday occurrance - let's have some facts to back up such a strongly worded statement where are all these 'quality' players we've let go?

i didn't mean it like that but hows this:

tommy wright i'd rather have him than de vries n i've heard thru a strong source he is lookin at stayin in blackpool and the same with chris o' grady at rushden,

i went to the bolton game n i thought if we had wright or o' grady at least we wud have had a bit of pace up front,

i didn't mean it like that but hows this:

tommy wright i'd rather have him than de vries n i've heard thru a strong source he is lookin at stayin in blackpool and the same with chris o' grady at rushden,

i went to the bolton game n i thought if we had wright or o' grady at least we wud have had a bit of pace up front,

I take on board what you're saying but just because you prefer TW to MDV and he may actually be better at some things doesn't mean it's correct to keep him, the answer might be to get rid of both TW & MDV.

I still don't think that sending players out on loan means they are leaving and if they do it doesn't make that wrong either. I'm not a fan of the loan system other than for young players, even then the likes of Chelsea, Spurs etc abuse it.

soz cobbo, yeah i have watched porter a few times he can hit prolific form at times, look where heskey came from, he came out of the city ranks, i'd have heskey back aswell but anyway i'd rather play porter than deep freeze

When I've seen Porter play this season it has mainly been on the wing where he's tricky and has a decent shot. Problem is, he doesn't have the raw pace to be a winger.

On the last occasion I watched him he played midfield and I've rarely seen anyone look so far out of his depth. He was overwhelmed (though he tried and tried to play through it). There is absolutely no way he's comparable to MDV at this stage of his development.

How he evolves at Dundee remains to be seen - he certainly seemed popular among the academy/reserve team players - but if he's going to succeed it will be as a winger and only then if he develops two specific strengths...early and accurate passing/crosses and his shooting.

Stupidly hard work on these things might nullify his lack of height and genuine pace and give him a living in the game but I'm sure it would be as a winger not a striker/midfield player.

soz cobbo, yeah i have watched porter a few times he can hit prolific form at times, look where heskey came from, he came out of the city ranks, i'd have heskey back aswell but anyway i'd rather play porter than deep freeze

I've watched Porter about a dozen times or so and at youth level he is very dangerous and he's even showed some talent against strong opposition in reserve games but it's now time for him to get some first team football to push up a level. Players will only get chances in the first team if they really turn it on in the reserves like Stearman, Wesolowski, etc did and because Porter is now playing in a very young reserve team it is harder for him to excel himself and this is a great chance to show what he's made of and Levein has already said he's a good prospect and he'll be keeping a close eye on him.

Porter wouldn't be any better than de Vries as de Vries is a striker and if you think a 5ft 3 winger will cut it upfront against some nasty defenders then your deluded, but i'm not ruling him out as a future Leicester winger but he needs to knuckle down as he hasn't done enough to warrant a first team place like Stearman, Wesolowski and Sheehan have.

• 4 months later...

I wonder whether Levein is still looking at Scott Robertson from them, and this is some sort of catalyst in getting that move through, like Solano going to Newcastle and Milner on loan in the opposite direction.

Well if you post stuff like this....... :huh::unsure::D:D:D:P Welcome back. ;):thumbup:

Archived