Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Levi Porter

Wasn't he going to Hinckley not so long ago?

If this is true then I can't see him ever appearing for us, no point loaning out a player to a club so far away unless that club is looking to buy.

i must say that i was suprised about it, though a loan period may do some good for the lad. why dundee i'm not sure, must be the scottish connection

Wasn't he going to Hinckley not so long ago?

If this is true then I can't see him ever appearing for us, no point loaning out a player to a club so far away unless that club is looking to buy.

I would say that all depends on how long the loan deal is for, if its season long then its possible. If it's a month ( i.e. Till the start of the transfere window ) then its quite obvious he's on his way out.

Maybe Levein knows the manager of the Dundee club and thinks it would be a good experience for Porter to go there and get some first team football? It might also be part of a deal which brings a striker to City from either Dundee United or Dundee? Who knows?

Maybe Levein knows the manager of the Dundee club and thinks it would be a good experience for Porter to go there and get some first team football? It might also be part of a deal which brings a striker to City from either Dundee United or Dundee? Who knows?

Lee Miller?

porter plays for england U19's on occasion yeah, and his fellow academy players hold him in very high esteem so i believe. so, why hasn't he been given some sort of opportunity? what harm can it do? it puzzles me i must say. how many other england u19's haven't been given a sniff at their clubs? not many i bet.

porter plays for england U19's on occasion yeah, and his fellow academy players hold him in very high esteem so i believe. so, why hasn't he been given some sort of opportunity? what harm can it do? it puzzles me i must say. how many other england u19's haven't been given a sniff at their clubs? not many i bet.

I was going to say cos he's not quite good enough.

He's busy, committed, has a fair amount of skill, good close control and never hides. He's also got a decent shot. He's one of those players you really want to succeed but I don't think he's got the raw pace to be a winger and he looked lost in midfield when I watched him.

Having said that - he's far more effective than Sylla - and he's definitely been a popular member of the Reserves team. If he concentrates on precision early passing and persistent shooting then maybe he can swing the balance.

Lee Miller?

I wouldn't rule that out. Levein is a massve fan of Miller and Dundee splashed out alot on wages for him whilst in Europe. I think they would sell if we offered them what they paid for him (£200,000)

I'm pretty sure Scottish teams can't loan outside the transfer window especially from teams outside their domestic league so surely Porter can't go there until January anyway?

I was going to say cos he's not quite good enough.

well, the lads in the academy seem to rate him very highly indeed. i've watched the lad a few times, and i did say that i thought he wasn't good enough.

when i said i wasn't good enough the academy players just look at me, they put me straight.

i don't think it would be appropriate to answer that. all i can do is assure you that i have been told by someone in the know. i hope you can respect that.

That's fine bud! I was the one who was told he was going to Hinckley so that's why I was curious as to this bit of info.

That's fine bud! I was the one who was told he was going to Hinckley so that's why I was curious as to this bit of info.

oh, well i was told sunday evenin, so i assume that is the latest

if the deal doesn't happen though, i will have to have a few harsh words with my source. i see nothing has happened today, perhaps it will in a day or two

• 2 weeks later...

This is good news. Levi's height might well be a hinderence and if he can go to Dundee and put in some solid performances it might give Levein something to think about and perhaps prove that he might be worth a go for Leicester.

He's very quick and skillful and for his height he's very strong, he desperately needs first team football though and this is perfect for him. Enjoy the weather Levi.

Agreed... however the timing suggests it could be them having a look at him for a month before making it permanent in January.

Either way, good luck to the lad.

I'm not so sure, it clearly states that Levein has been quoted that he thinks Levi is a good prospect and first team football is essential for him to progress at Leicester. The timing is irrelevant really as Scottish teams haven't been able to sign players permanently or on loan since the end of August especially outside of their domestic leagues so now it's near the transfer window a trial with a view to a loan move sounds perfect.

This is good news. Levi's height might well be a hinderence and if he can go to Dundee and put in some solid performances it might give Levein something to think about and perhaps prove that he might be worth a go for Leicester.

He's very quick and skillful and for his height he's very strong, he desperately needs first team football though and this is perfect for him. Enjoy the weather Levi.

Seconded.

Not sure he will enjoy the weather much though :P

i posted this story on the 20th of november!!!!! what a scoop. i was geting worried that my source had let me down, but a couple of weeks on and he has come up trumps.

if anything else is going to happen, i'll break the story to you hear first. :clap2:

it's official

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER QUALITY YOUNG PLAYER GOES OUT ON LOAN N I BET HE'LL NEVER RETURN....

Welcome to the forum, no capitals though please.

Is Porter really that good?

I've always thought his height would stop him ever playing above League 1.

I wonder whether Levein is still looking at Scott Robertson from them, and this is some sort of catalyst in getting that move through, like Solano going to Newcastle and Milner on loan in the opposite direction.

Archived