Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Let's look on the bright side

i know things are pretty desperate at the moment, i am as frustrated as the rest of you.

however, the stop myself from pulling the trigger, cus i don't really have the bottle to go through with it, i'm trying to tell myself to look at the positives

at least the defence is pretty tight, that's half of the job. not much consolation, but at least we haven't been shipping loads of goals and getting cained. we have been in pretty much every game.

i know, it's clutching at straws, levein is really pissing me off at the moment, these tactics and subs etc...if only there was something i could do, oh well.

i know things are pretty desperate at the moment, i am as frustrated as the rest of you.

however, the stop myself from pulling the trigger, cus i don't really have the bottle to go through with it, i'm trying to tell myself to look at the positives

at least the defence is pretty tight, that's half of the job. not much consolation, but at least we haven't been shipping loads of goals and getting cained. we have been in pretty much every game.

i know, it's clutching at straws, levein is really pissing me off at the moment, these tactics and subs etc...if only there was something i could do, oh well.

Let's be clear. There's no way the club can afford to sack Levein. The only way he's likely to go is if he's persuaded to resign.

Would that really be a good thing? For me, probably yes. Not because I think he's a lousy manager but because I don't think his psyche is right for Leicester.

I want a manager with flair and the only flare I've seen this season was at a fireworks party.

When Matt Gillies team played it seemed to be a celebration of football.

Don't be misled. They worked hard. Frank McLintock and Colin Appleton were action men personified. But there was this wonderful blend so often orchestrated by the unfailingly deft skills of Davie Gibson who was like a conductor prompting and inspiring an orchestra full of individuals with particular skills.

Gillies didn't try to get them doing 100 jobs - just their one job well (same as Cloughie really).

Defence apart, what City have now is a shambles. There's a lack of technique, a lack of movement, an utter lack of cohesion and no sense of collective purpose. Matches are dour rather than entertaining, the goals have dried to nothing and the team lacks skills in vital places.

If it was getting better rather than worse I'd be patient but it's not. Too many games this season have been played with no apparent thought for the paying spectator and the product we are trying to present.

With Gillies you ALWAYS looked forward to seeing the team and they DID deliver entertainment with capital letters. There were flowing moves, goals galore, wonderful saves and the players had character.

Think back from Burnley once, Burnley again, through Preston, QPR, Wolves ... the list goes on. Is this the sort of City team and style of play you want to watch?.

Some will clearly put up with anything if we win points but I think the answer to the question is important and I'd like to see a PROPER football team again, one that is loaded with attackers and attacking defenders. One that is full of goals and full of expression.

Let's be clear. There's no way the club can afford to sack Levein. The only way he's likely to go is if he's persuaded to resign.

Would that really be a good thing? For me, probably yes. Not because I think he's a lousy manager but because I don't think his psyche is right for Leicester.

I want a manager with flair and the only flare I've seen this season was at a fireworks party.

When Matt Gillies team played it seemed to be a celebration of football.

Don't be misled. They worked hard. Frank McLintock and Colin Appleton were action men personified. But there was this wonderful blend so often orchestrated by the unfailingly deft skills of Davie Gibson who was like a conductor prompting and inspiring an orchestra full of individuals with particular skills.

Gillies didn't try to get them doing 100 jobs - just their one job well (same as Cloughie really).

Defence apart, what City have now is a shambles. There's a lack of technique, a lack of movement, an utter lack of cohesion and no sense of collective purpose. Matches are dour rather than entertaining, the goals have dried to nothing and the team lacks skills in vital places.

If it was getting better rather than worse I'd be patient but it's not. Too many games this season have been played with no apparent thought for the paying spectator and the product we are trying to present.

With Gillies you ALWAYS looked forward to seeing the team and they DID deliver entertainment with capital letters. There were flowing moves, goals galore, wonderful saves and the players had character.

Think back from Burnley once, Burnley again, through Preston, QPR, Wolves ... the list goes on. Is this the sort of City team and style of play you want to watch?.

Some will clearly put up with anything if we win points but I think the answer to the question is important and I'd like to see a PROPER football team again, one that is loaded with attackers and attacking defenders. One that is full of goals and full of expression.

Again Thracian, I agree with you, as I said with another post today, CL management style\play is based around defence, I don't know whether CL can apply himself and his team in an attacking style with success, I t would take him out of his comfort zone!!

If you are a defender, and you move into management/coaching, you will draw on all the experience you have had. Similarly, if you were an attacking flair player, like for example Keegan, you will most probably employ an exciting style of football.

Again Thracian, I agree with you, as I said with another post today, CL management style\play is based around defence, I don't know whether CL can apply himself and his team in an attacking style with success, I t would take him out of his comfort zone!!

Steve Cotterill has Burnley playing a defensive style as well, and they're enjoying huge success for a club of their stature and resources. He plays them to their strengths, so why can't Levein? He did it while at Hearts, so what's so bloody different down here? <_<

Steve Cotterill has Burnley playing a defensive style as well, and they're enjoying huge success for a club of their stature and resources. He plays them to their strengths, so why can't Levein? He did it while at Hearts, so what's so bloody different down here? <_<

The players aren't reliable enough to do it. Maybe because they aren't the correct players to play that style?

The players aren't reliable enough to do it. Maybe because they aren't the correct players to play that style?

We should be the ones looking to apply Burnley's current playing style in a way. Sit back, because we've got a decent enough defense to cope with it, and hit teams on the break. Is that too much to ask with players like Hume, Hammond, Sylla and Smith that have plenty of pace? We should have the correct players to play our style. After all, that must be why Levein bought them in the first place right? If the players aren't suited to it, he must quickly change style or go. Someone out there must be able to make us play some effective football with this squad!

It could be a host of things, including personnel, tactics, substitutions and line up. CL as manager will have to figure out why. He obviously does what he knows best and applies what he learnt from his time in the SPL but it's not working in the championship!! City aren't scoring and really don't put teams under enough pressure, I believe it's due to a lack of a potent goal scorer and the lack of attacking influence from midfield.

Burnley have a striker that's currently inform, once he stops scoring they will sink to our level!!

8th November 2004:

Pos - P - W - D - L - F - A - GD - Pts

12th- 18 -5 - 9 - 4 -22-18- +4 - 24

21st November 2005:

16th-18 - 4 - 8 - 6- 16- 19- -3 - 20

not trying to compare things because we had a different team then. Just showing that we doin around the same as last season. Defensively were doing alright. just need the goals.

8th November 2004:

12th- 18 -5 - 9 - 4 -22-18- +4 - 24

21st November 2005:

16th-18 - 4 - 8 - 6- 16- 19- -3 - 20

not trying to compare things because we had a different team then. Just showing that we doin around the same as last season. Defensively were doing alright. just need the goals.

That's interesting. Nearly the same as last year with much younger players and a brighter future. With those players we had last season, where would we be now? A bit scared to think about it! We would be in the bottom 3 for sure.

god.. we've only won 4 in 18? It's just hit me how crap we are doing =/ lol.. I think for christmas this year I ought to ask for some goals for my team.. <_<

Instead of asking for goals, just ask Santa if he would like to play for city, who knows he might get us some goals:D :D

Archived