Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OzFox

Would you Bother?

You're a Leicester fan. You've followed the club through thick and thin since 1973. You've emigrated to Australia, but you're lucky enough to make it home three times a year and get to 8-10 games a season.

The last 30 or 40 games you've seen have been turgid, dire affairs, usually ending in defeat and lacking in flair and entertainment. Even the few victories have been lacklustre. The new stadium has the atmosphere of a graveyard, you're fed up with watching "professional" footballers who can only kick with one foot, sick of seeing teams who are shackled by the fear of losing. You're tired, jaded, and bored with the blanket TV coverage. You're thinking you might give it a miss for a while. Most important of all, you've sworn to the wife that you're not going to ruin her next holiday by dragging her to any more Leicester games.

However, you splashed out $195 on a ticket for the Australia v Uruguay World Cup qualifier and were rewarded with an end to end feast of attacking football, an atmosphere that was approaching frenzy from beginning to end, noise that made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and a finish that reduced people around you to tears of joy. Fantastic entertainment and worth every cent. It's rekindled your faith in the beautiful game.

So much so, that when you're in the UK at Christmas, you're thinking "maybe I should take in just one more game and go to Norwich at home...."

Would you bother?

You're a Leicester fan. You've followed the club through thick and thin since 1973. You've emigrated to Australia, but you're lucky enough to make it home three times a year and get to 8-10 games a season.

The last 30 or 40 games you've seen have been turgid, dire affairs, usually ending in defeat and lacking in flair and entertainment. Even the few victories have been lacklustre. The new stadium has the atmosphere of a graveyard, you're fed up with watching "professional" footballers who can only kick with one foot, sick of seeing teams who are shackled by the fear of losing. You're tired, jaded, and bored with the blanket TV coverage. You're thinking you might give it a miss for a while. Most important of all, you've sworn to the wife that you're not going to ruin her next holiday by dragging her to any more Leicester games.

However, you splashed out $195 on a ticket for the Australia v Uruguay World Cup qualifier and were rewarded with an end to end feast of attacking football, an atmosphere that was approaching frenzy from beginning to end, noise that made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and a finish that reduced people around you to tears of joy. Fantastic entertainment and worth every cent. It's rekindled your faith in the beautiful game.

So much so, that when you're in the UK at Christmas, you're thinking "maybe I should take in just one more game and go to Norwich at home...."

Would you bother?

Do you love Leicester City and would you like to see how things are at the moment? It could be a good match. I enjoy going to Leicester but some people don't. Most people will probably say don't bother but i say yes. Go to the match and support the lads. I'm sure you'll have fun too.

Do you love Leicester City and would you like to see how things are at the moment? It could be a good match. I enjoy going to Leicester but some people don't. Most people will probably say don't bother but i say yes. Go to the match and support the lads. I'm sure you'll have fun too.

:D:D You can't be talking about the football, trust me it's not very fun at the moment.

Ozfox you should go, and then you can judge for yourself and from first hand experience know what all of us are badgering on about!!!

:D:D You can't be talking about the football, trust me it's not very fun at the moment.

Ozfox you should go, and then you can judge for yourself and from first hand experience know what all of us are badgering on about!!!

I am enjoying the football. I enjoy going to see City.

:smile::smile: Well I'm glad someone is, city have atleast one satisfied customer! Myself, everytime I go I get bored and frustrated but the funny thing is that I keep going back for more!!!! :cry::cry:

You post your comments on here every day, you watch Leicester play every week, i'm sure you own the shirt, i'm sure you jump and cheer when we score and sit, quiet and fed up when we concede. It's a big rollercoaster. There are ups and downs and we should enjoy it all, knowing that soon we'll be going right back up again.

You post your comments on here every day, you watch Leicester play every week, i'm sure you own the shirt, i'm sure you jump and cheer when we score and sit, quiet and fed up when we concede. It's a big rollercoaster. There are ups and downs and we should enjoy it all, knowing that soon we'll be going right back up again.

I can't afford to watch Leicester, whether we are doing well or not. Are you Rich or something? You have so much money that you don't care if you are getting ripped off for poor entertainment?

At the moment I haven't been on many ups on this rollercoaster ride, your right, if we win tommorow and on saturday, that will definitely lift my up!!!

fed up when we concede, understatement!!! :mad::mad:

You have alot of faith in CL, i'm only judging what I see and have seen, at this moment and time things can go either way for him. I still reserve judgement, he is an improvement on MA but time and time again CL's judgement and decision making bewilders me and I don't like his playing style!!!

I can't afford to watch Leicester, whether we are doing well or not. Are you Rich or something? You have so much money that you don't care if you are getting ripped off for poor entertainment?

Right then! I'm sure you can remember how to read but i'll tell you again shall i? Read from left to right. Each word forms a part of a sentence. I said "I am enjoying the football. I enjoy going to see City." Can you read that?! Print it off and i'm sure someone kind enough will read it to you! IN MY OPINION IT IS NOT POOR ENTERTAINMENT! I am not rich but like 20,000 other people, i go and support the team. I also enjoy going. If i didn't enjoy it, i wouldn't go.

Right then! I'm sure you can remember how to read but i'll tell you again shall i? Read from left to right. Each word forms a part of a sentence. I said "I am enjoying the football. I enjoy going to see City." Can you read that?! Print it off and i'm sure someone kind enough will read it to you! IN MY OPINION IT IS NOT POOR ENTERTAINMENT! I am not rich but like 20,000 other people, i go and support the team. I also enjoy going. If i didn't enjoy it, i wouldn't go.

Bollocks I haven't got a printer.

You are a moron if you are entertained by Leicester City at the moment. Maybe you are watching Cousin Dennis instead of the game? :smile::wub::smile::teehee::smile:

Bollocks I haven't got a printer.

You are a moron if you are entertained by Leicester City at the moment. Maybe you are watching Cousin Dennis instead of the game? :smile::wub::smile::teehee::smile:

I haven't seen Cousin Dennis in years. I'm sure you would know if he's there though. I bet you run down trying to get a hug.

Levein is trying to lose is he?

I don't think Levein is trying to lose but niether is he going flat out to win every game (which is what I think The People's Hero was getting at).

He spends so much time trying to contain the opposition that, if they do score, his whole game plan is up the creek cos we really don't have the firepower to score twice (and he should have addressed that ages ago).

I still think OzFox should go and watch the match (if his missus'll let him!) cos I am utterly committed and blue and white blind. It is the only reason I plead with Levein to change, to help himself by fielding more attack-minded players.

I've defended him, tried to understand him, pleaded with him, and still when I'm at the match I support him - and, indeed all of the players.

He ignores both me and the other fans, he frustrates me, fails to entertain me, baffles me, utterly annoys me with so many of the things he does but every time I climb those stairs to the stand I live in hope that things will change, that Levein will at last have had a vision of what he is in the position to create.

And then he announces the team - always overweight with defenders - and I know what we're in for. But still I retain hope, and who knows, Norwich may be different because if he doesn't change soon he won't be here

so either way it could be an historical occasion!

You might even see a City goal which is like finding a Faberge egg at a boot sale.

I don't think Levein is trying to lose but niether is he going flat out to win every game (which is what I think The People's Hero was getting at).

He spends so much time trying to contain the opposition that, if they do score, his whole game plan is up the creek cos we really don't have the firepower to score twice (and he should have addressed that ages ago).

I still think OzFox should go and watch the match (if his missus'll let him!) cos I am utterly committed and blue and white blind. It is the only reason I plead with Levein to change, to help himself by fielding more attack-minded players.

I've defended him, tried to understand him, pleaded with him, and still when I'm at the match I support him - and, indeed all of the players.

He ignores both me and the other fans, he frustrates me, fails to entertain me, baffles me, utterly annoys me with so many of the things he does but every time I climb those stairs to the stand I live in hope that things will change, that Levein will at last have had a vision of what he is in the position to create.

And then he announces the team - always overweight with defenders - and I know what we're in for. But still I retain hope, and who knows, Norwich may be different because if he doesn't change soon he won't be here

so either way it could be an historical occasion!

You might even see a City goal which is like finding a Faberge egg at a boot sale.

:smile::smile::thumbup:

Archived