Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Things I Expect From Levein

I'm not going to ask for alot from him but i'm going to compile a basic list of tasks I want Levein to do and if he doesn't do it within a month then i'll join the CL OUT brigade. I can't say fairer than that.

1) Play players on merit, not reputation

2) Focus on our strengths not other teams strengths

3) Never play Dion and de Vries upfront at one given time, infact never play either of them again if you want to win the fans over.

4) Iain Hume needs to become our number 1 striker for atleast half a dozen games to get him settled in the side

5) Play to Ryan Smith's strengths, which means get the players to give him the ball. Perhaps a left back who can run and get forward to support him would also add to attacking presence

6) Never play 2 defensive midfielders together unless there's a perfectly good reason for it and you need to explain this before or after the game.

7) Try not to play players out of position

8) Don't forget about our academy players, Sheehan and Stearman have vanished recently from the first team.

9) Resist from long ball irrespective of who is playing upfront

10) Appoint a coach to focus on the strikers

11) Purchase a new striker immediately, loan first then purchase later if possible

12) Hold your hands up and admit it when you make a mistake

13) Start cracking the whip, your a sweaty lose your temper.

There are just a few things I would like and expect Levein to be doing, i've not really gone in to playing tactics, motivation, team selection, etc. Just some basic tasks he needs to do if he wants to keep the fans on his side.

If he can put in to action 8 or 9 out of the 13 taks over the next month or so then i'll be happy, if he doesn't then i'll be conceding my worst fears.

I'm not going to ask for alot from him but i'm going to compile a basic list of tasks I want Levein to do and if he doesn't do it within a month then i'll join the CL OUT brigade. I can't say fairer than that.

3) Never play Dion and de Vries upfront at one given time, infact never play either of them again if you want to win the fans over.

4) Iain Hume needs to become our number 1 striker for atleast half a dozen games to get him settled in the side

5) Play to Ryan Smith's strengths, which means get the players to give him the ball. Perhaps a left back who can run and get forward to support him would also add to attacking presence

6) Never play 2 defensive midfielders together unless there's a perfectly good reason for it and you need to explain this before or after the game.

8) Don't forget about our academy players, Sheehan and Stearman have vanished recently from the first team.

11) Purchase a new striker immediately, loan first then purchase later if possible

There are just a few things I would like and expect Levein to be doing, i've not really gone in to playing tactics, motivation, team selection, etc. Just some basic tasks he needs to do if he wants to keep the fans on his side.

If he can put in to action 8 or 9 out of the 13 taks over the next month or so then i'll be happy, if he doesn't then i'll be conceding my worst fears.

I think this calls for:

laugh20vig.jpg

That's a pretty fair summary of what lots of fans have been telling Levein for weeks.

And, reading the list, I can't see why he needs to take a month to effect all suggestions except the one about him admitting mistakes and that one, of course, is the problem.

He never DOES seem to admit mistakes and, until he does, he'll continue driving the club down his self-created blind alley.

I'll still love to hear his reaction if one of the hacks had the bottle to ask him for a comment on your list.

They won't. They're like a little club, a mini trade union. They even seem to travel to matches together which is hardly the ideal preparation for independent thinking.

But what about that start-up scribe who came on the forum fancying himself as a journalist. Does he want some brownie points for showing him the list (or a whack if Levein's in a bad mood)?.

Archived