Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

What a great atmosphere

I don't know about anyone else but I thought there was a real buzz about the walkers today and a great atmosphere and one of the best this season.

Also the tribute to George Best was a fantastic gesture and I feel it lit up the stadium and made for a brilliant game of football. We were singing from start to end!!! :smile:

I don't know about anyone else but I thought there was a real buzz about the walkers today and a great atmosphere and one of the best this season.

Also the tribute to George Best was a fantastic gesture and I feel it lit up the stadium and made for a brilliant game of football. We were singing from start to end!!! :smile:

I agree with you mate. It was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at a home game for quite some time. As fans I think we raised our game to make sure we weren't going to be out done by the large following from Sheffield and I think we succeeded. The fact that we went 2-0 up within 15 minutes or so helped but we still kept it going. How fast was the pace of the play at the start of the second half btw? I didn't think they'd be able to keep that tempo going but they practically did. That helped the crowd get going.

As i weren't at the game i cant really comment on the atmosphere bt on the radio it did sound good and Tony Cottee on sky said it was good aswell

Did the amount of away support also have an affect on the atmosphere?

I think the Sheffield fans contributed lots. Furthermore I think the Sheffield team contributed by playing open football. I'm sick of seeing teams line up with 4-5-1 (break us down if you can formations) when they go away and that applies to Leicester too.

Clubs have a responsibility to the game and the supporters. I was in the kop and there was non-stop singing and non-stop banter throughout - first and foremost because we had something worth watching, something to get worked up about.

Thrilling football's back...and doesn't it make a difference?

Agreed.

I may be wrong but i reckon had we tried to play the way we did today, passing on floor etc. against burnley (for example) i dont think we would have suceeded as they are a really physical side so props to sheffield utd for coming to win.

I think the Sheffield fans contributed lots. Furthermore I think the Sheffield team contributed by playing open football. I'm sick of seeing teams line up with 4-5-1 (break us down if you can formations) when they go away and that applies to Leicester too.

Clubs have a responsibility to the game and the supporters. I was in the kop and there was non-stop singing and non-stop banter throughout - first and foremost because we had something worth watching, something to get worked up about.

Thrilling football's back...and doesn't it make a difference?

Steady on Thrach, lets not spoil craigs great foxestalk gameplan :thumbup:

Atmosphere was the best at home this season, but that's not saying much. There are far too many prawn sandwich supporters coming down Leicester now! DOn't get me wrong i have no problem with new fans but it wouldn't kill them to sing a little, would it?

Atmosphere was the best at home this season, but that's not saying much. There are far too many prawn sandwich supporters coming down Leicester now! DOn't get me wrong i have no problem with new fans but it wouldn't kill them to sing a little, would it?

Thats quite a sweeping statement Barwell! I suspect many fans are like me. Not season ticket holders. Little money to spare. However when the team starts winning heart starts ruling mind and cash seems to be "re-directed" to more important causes :) .

best home atmosphere all season, we never struggle making noise away, but home its been bad, yesterday was a real fab day out, made my drive home really enjoyable!!

lets hope its that noisey, and preferable noisier every home game from now on, sing the boys up the league!!

Agreed.

I may be wrong but i reckon had we tried to play the way we did today, passing on floor etc. against burnley (for example) i dont think we would have suceeded as they are a really physical side so props to sheffield utd for coming to win.

If you are going to adapt an over-the-top philosophy as against Burnley you have to have fast, tricky forwards who can run into spaces before their big, brawny marker's and who can then hold the ball up while reinforcements arrive or can beat their man quickly and render the cumbersome defenders helpless (perhaps having to resort to fouls in dangerous areas).

Playing aimlessly onto the heads of hulks - and having only hulks yourself - is destined for despair.

Also when a team plays 4-5-1 against you it's totally unnecessary to cover the one with four defenders because you're bound to be overrun elsewhere.

One tactic against this is to win the ground (rugby style) - conceding throw ins near their corner flag and then to win the ball early and take men on.

Burnley's defenders would be vulnerable on the ground to Saturday's forward line and as soon as big men are beaten their equally big colleagues have to move out of position then, bang. Not always pretty though.

Another ploy is to attack specific flanks in force thus negating the influence of two/three of your opponents middle five. We are well equipped to do that but should be careful to vary the point of attack regularly.

You can also man mark the weakest of the midfielders and force them out of position in despair, launching attacks from the break-up point, being careful to quickly regroup behind those weak links the minute your counter-attack breaks down. Probably the safest alternative.

Finally if Burnley or anyone else, double banks on Smith (as they did), there must be space elsewhere which FAST men like Hume and Hammond can exploit but slow men like Dion and MDV cannot.

All the above relies on speedy and skilled attackers. Like the Armada. Beat the opposition through superior manouverability. You'll probably only have to do it once cos the system quickly breaks down once breached (assuming you've taken the lead).

i didnt manage to go to the game as i was at work. what happened? was it a minute silence or was everyone clapping?

it really was a fantastic atmosphere. from start to end the singing was going throughout the kop. we were stood for minutes such was the excitement of the game aswell. i think sheff utd fans helped us, when watford only bring 1,000 they dont make much so we dont compete to their sound level, but when sheff utd bring 3,500 and are singing from the off it gets us in the kop g'd up and want to go louder. i think the players reacted to the atmosphere aswell you could tell they wanted it so much more than sheff utd did. well played hume, ryan smith, hammond & paddy mac especially. cannot pick a MOTM we were all excellent, even Rab Douglas was good its just a shame he conceded 2. even that last 1 where i could see the whole kop clapping as we left . brilliant day.

Archived