Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Another car question. Thanks for all continued advice.

Hi Guys,

I am trying to fix the parking sensors on my car. When the dealership did their checks they showed me on a video the problem was this wire having come out. It is the blue wire on the picture.

To me this looks like wiring a speaker, or a plug or lots of things we learned in GCSE physics and I don’t wish to pay the £400 they quoted me for this repair when I think I could do it myself.

First problem I am having is opening the connector box. It looks like it slides apart from the middle but both sides are stuck to the car with a flexible adhesive.

So, I wondered if anyone could advise whether I can just pull it from the adhesive and then pull the box apart and then finally stick it back on with the adhesive. Also, does anyone know what adhesive it would be?

Thanks

Gudjy

25F342CB-ED0D-4916-A814-BB352FC0A79A.jpeg

40 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

I am trying to fix the parking sensors on my car. When the dealership did their checks they showed me on a video the problem was this wire having come out. It is the blue wire on the picture.

To me this looks like wiring a speaker, or a plug or lots of things we learned in GCSE physics and I don’t wish to pay the £400 they quoted me for this repair when I think I could do it myself.

First problem I am having is opening the connector box. It looks like it slides apart from the middle but both sides are stuck to the car with a flexible adhesive.

So, I wondered if anyone could advise whether I can just pull it from the adhesive and then pull the box apart and then finally stick it back on with the adhesive. Also, does anyone know what adhesive it would be?

Thanks

Gudjy

25F342CB-ED0D-4916-A814-BB352FC0A79A.jpeg

Assuming this is your Jag, I'd ask this exact question on one of the Jaguar XF Facebook pages.

Either 'Jaguar XF Owners & Enthusiasts' or 'Modern Jaguar Help & Advice'

I guarantee there will be someone on there who's fixed exactly this.

It appears that is just a connector. (plug and socket) Is that correct?

The blue wire doesn't appear to have a connecting wire on the other side. Is that the one that has broken away?

If that is the case can you just connect the two wires together and totally bypass this connector? See picture.

£400 seems steep.

20220924_162228.jpg

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

It appears that is just a connector. (plug and socket) Is that correct?

The blue wire doesn't appear to have a connecting wire on the other side. Is that the one that has broken away?

If that is the case can you just connect the two wires together and totally bypass this connector? See picture.

£400 seems steep.

20220924_162228.jpg

Assume the box just acts as an expensive choc-block. I’d go with the advice above. Either solder it (if poss) or buy a screw electrical connector.